Jack Monroe #249 Smart Price Custard Denier

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Title by @jenny2603 Nominated by @Veronicaaa

Please remember no thread title nominations until the tail end of the thread and to add ‘thread title’ or ‘thread title nomination’. No swearing in them please.

The pink button is a wiki full of receipts and Jack history.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
I think today she may have realised what a 💩 idea the Vimes Boots Index is, or been told it exists in some form or other, by a forensic data/economics person. I hope so anyway. Or people are sending in too many receipts that mean nada. Great title 👏🏻

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Well. It’s a recap you’re wanting, is it.
1. Jack’s media takeover continued, much to the dismay of the cabal, everywhere they looked in non-tattle media, there she was, saying being mean to Poors is bad, or whatever it is she goes on about.
2. A slight wrinkle in the Campaign was that the ONS had to explain economics and statistics to her, now she doesn’t understand either but is chucking around salient words and phrases as if she did
3. Who knows what Economics Editor and lover of numbers Chrismate at the FT has done to her? except calmly explain the numbers and agree.
4. Plot twist - she decided to go for Chrismate and give him a taste of her own medicine #bekind
5. All the Asda have smart price goods in. Newcastle does but she won’t pay £163 for a train there to buy it, you nincompoop! A game of “that one, no not that, that’s a bit different, no that’s not it” has ensued as squigs send in pictures of smart price pasta in the wild
6. It’s not ONLINE! smart price is two words Jack, just like thank you
7. We thought all of this started coz Shoeburyness Asda ran out of rice, turns out it’s coz Jack can’t operate the Asda website search function properly. Fruit and veg is GROWERS CHOICE now anyway
8. Just as Jack was looking like she was unraveling like a badly knitted oatmeal blanket, she decided to try and take down Asda. Tin foil hat firmly on (probs has fishy oil on it too) she deified previous owners, internationally renowned mercenaries Walmart, whilst accusing the new owners of trying to commit some kind of mass assault of the poor by only selling “extra special” Asda bread at petrol stations.
9. Did you know? Supermarkets pay poverty wages and make the benefits bill higher. Which they steal and include in their profits. Or some other Big Maths.
10. How do we pay for benefits? Taxes! Well not you, Jack Monroe, Director of On A Bootstrap Ltd who have 2 years overdue accounts.
11. Jack reckons she’s got “actual receipts” but you don’t know them, they go to a different school. With Mini and Dasher.
12. I hope she has an “actual lawyer” or a “literal intervention”
“Fame, fame, fatal fame” a young Morrissey mused, and look how he turned out.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 149
Oh my, my very first thread title! I wish I could go back and tell that bullied, oppressed teenager sneering and grinning up the back of the class that one day my talent for mockery would be recognised.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 134
Well. It’s a recap you’re wanting, is it.
1. Jack’s media takeover continued, much to the dismay of the cabal, everywhere they looked in non-tattle media, there she was, saying being mean to Poors is bad or whatever it is she goes on about
2. A slight wrinkle in the Campaign was that the ONS had to explain economics and statistics to her, now she doesn’t understand either but is chucking around salient words and phrases as if she did
3. Who knows what Economics Editor and lover of numbers Chrismate at the FT has done to her, except calmly explain the numbers and agree
4. Plot twist - she decided to go for Chrismate and give him a taste of her own medicine #bekind
5. All the Asda have smart price goods in. Newcastle does but she won’t pay £163 for a train there to buy it, you nincompoop! A game of that one, no not that, that’s a bit different, no that’s not it has ensued as squigs send in pictures of smart price pasta in the wild
6. It’s not ONLINE smart price is two words Jack, just like thank you
7. We thought all of this started coz Shoeburyness Asda ran out of rice, turns out it’s coz Jack can’t operate the Asda website search function properly. Fruit and veg is GROWERS CHOICE now anyway
8. Just as Jack was looking like she was unraveling like a badly knitted oatmeal blanket, she decided to try and take down Asda. Tin foil hat firmly on (probs has fishy oil on it too) she deified previous owners, internationally renowned mercenaries Walmart, whilst accusing the new owners of trying to commit some kind of mass assault of the poor by only selling “extra special” Asda bread at petrol stations.
Fame, fame, fatal fame a young Morrissey mused, and look how he turned out.
I have never had so many laughs as today but that last line destroyed me! 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
“Fame, fame, fatal fame” a young Morrissey mused, and look how he turned out.

it can play hideous tricks on the brain,
But still I’d rather be famous than righteous or holy, any day any day any dayyy

Remind us of anyone?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I'm at work, everyone has left and I could just lock up and leave but instead I've been sat at the front desk scrolling through the last thread thinking 'what the actual duck is she doing?'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Probably repeating someone but it's rents more than anything that Asda workers can't afford.

The whole working tax credits and housing benefit is a big issue. If you don't earn much and the government deems you worthy (aka not a single person) you probably can get top up benefits.

This has been an issue for a long time and is very difficult to unwind. Asda can not suddenly double wages and increase prices to make up for the additional staff costs.

Where I used to work it was a right hassle as some people didn't want to take on extra shifts as they wouldn't earn any more money as the top up benefits would just be reduced. I don't blame them - I'd work part time for the same money if I could.

Wasn't it a labour government that's responsible for lots of these top up benefits? As ever it's a complicated issue.

The four big retailers employe a huge chunk of people for this kind of work, so of course being the big 4 they're amongst the top recipients.

(Now going back to read as I've missed a whole thread 😆)

• Heart
Reactions: 73

it can play hideous tricks on the brain,
But still I’d rather be famous than righteous or holy, any day any day any dayyy

Remind us of anyone?
England is mine, and it owes me a living.
(Also, Now I know how Joan of Narc felt).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Has Jack worked out how supermarket stock works yet? Supply and demand, dear Jackie.

Has Jack, of On a Bootstrap Ltd paid her taxes yet? At least Asders do, eh. Someone has to!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I’m so far behind but saw @Whaa? tagged me. Crowd funding my bus fare isn’t necessary as I have a car AND can use roundabouts 😉 I’m home tomorrow and will be going to Asda once I’ve unpacked etc. Quite surprised she’s still talking about this tbh

Anyway just popped on to share a photo I took today. Even on holiday I can’t escape Jack (my husband clocked me taking the photo and said “this is a Jack thing isn’t it?”)

FB1D881B-4B2C-4330-9244-8F190C74D33D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Maybe I'll get my Poor Card taken away from saying this but food prices are fine. In the case of some items (animal products in particular) they're underpriced. Rent, on the other hand, is appallingly high, but I doubt Jack Monroe of the Hadjicostas property empire wants to shout too loudly about that.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 92
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.