Jack Monroe #249 Smart Price Custard Denier

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Think of all the moleskin notebooks she'll be able to buy now!! Oooh also, now she's making a minimum of an extra £700 per month she'll likely be sacking off VimesBoots asap won't she.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Hello! Few month lurker here flushed out of lurking due to grift induced rage. Been enjoying reading along here the last few months. Found tattle after following Jack for a few years on twitter as im quite a left wing / working class chip on shoulder frau, but around the time of the Edinburgh debacle things started to not add up, googled and found you and read with interest. Came back again for good a few months ago when some tweet or another really got up my nose. Then the Terry Pratchett support really upset me as love those books so tweeted some very mild reply to be careful who you align with without naming the one and only and got piled upon and had to delete tweet and lock account. Even wrote something nice to her once about the last kitten 🙁. Anyway as someone else has said dark times, but you have all made me laugh these last few months so thank-you 💕
The Sir Terry stuff has also infuriated me, but was amused to see the Jack & the Beanstalk quote earlier - which was very appropriate. Terry's fans have never been fools 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Why not donate to a food bank instead of this naked racketeering charlatan though! I always knew a lot of people are bleeping stupid but donating to a wealthy, compared to many, 🛎🔚 ? I just hope they are donating the equivalent to their local starving people but somehow i doubt it, unless its visible on SM they wont bother and will think giving it to Jack is job done. While she orders another pile of shite from John Lewis or Ebay
Quoting myself like a dick but just thought people might be donating in the misapprehension that Jack will be passing it on to the povs, unaware that it will be spent on sideboards and nice things she deserves for herself? I'd like to think better of people 😞

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Patreon now at 520. Another 10 and she's doubled her subscribers from this morning.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
479 patreons now - she's going to blast through 500 tonight, isn't she? 500 would be at the very least £1,540 a month.

How does Patreon's monthly cycle work? If people sign up today for their £3.50 are they immediately going to get billed again on Tuesday for February, or will this payment count for that?
A friend of mine has a Patreon (and fulfils their tier promises!) so I’ve asked. They’ve just replied
“It depends on what the creator has set it up as! Ours will charge you on the day you sign up and then on the 1st of every month, which must be a bit annoying for people who sign up at the end of the month as they get charged twice. Other people charge per creation, and others just charge on the 1st of every month.”

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Whilst I’m at it re blue ticks, I could never for the life of me believe why Marina O’loughlin (Sunday times) would give her food, some kind of beef stew if I recall with the meat from a tin rinsed and reappropriated in what was likely a Charlie Bigham meal, a glowing review. They ate at the crappy bungalow. I mean really rating it as comparing with 4* restaurant food and complete with adulatory interview. Of course O Laughlin and Monroe are Bessie mates with Lisa Markwell who commissions for the food section on the Sunday times. I think Jack posted a pic a few days ago with her and someone else with the tag line ‘this is how it all started‘ etc. so therefore sunday times and observer food recs are sine die for me.

• Wow
Reactions: 34
Didn't she claim at one point that she paid Caroline-who-has-hands out of the Patreon income? Since SHE LEFT that's no longer the case and now with all these extra subs she'll be absolutely rolling in it, like Scrooge McDuck diving into his big pile of gold.

She'd better not even think of poorfishing about her rent or bills again after today.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Anyone picking the Grifty Shades of Slop tier will be expecting postcards EVERY WEEK! Hopefully there’ll be complaints before too long.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
479 patreons now - she's going to blast through 500 tonight, isn't she? 500 would be at the very least £1,540 a month.

How does Patreon's monthly cycle work? If people sign up today for their £3.50 are they immediately going to get billed again on Tuesday for February, or will this payment count for that?
My other half was listening to a football channel who told people not to sign up till Tuesday or they will get charged twice, which suggests so.

Reactions: 31
Unfortunately if people have £3.50 to spare as a donation they are probably unlikely to notice it going out each month without getting any return on it.....which they rely on.

Plus they will have the feelgood factor that Monroe Therese will be solving world poverty because of it.

• Sad
Reactions: 42
I wonder if Nigella is gonna get some kickback when the postcards, recipes and Patreon promises fail to materialise? Let's face it most of these new subs have come directly from her endorsement.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Didn't she claim at one point that she paid Caroline-who-has-hands out of the Patreon income? Since SHE LEFT that's no longer the case and now with all these extra subs she'll be absolutely rolling in it, like Scrooge McDuck diving into his big pile of gold.

She'd better not even think of poorfishing about her rent or bills again after today.
I've always thought of her as a modern day Fagin.....but Scrooge McDuck has me 🦉🍾

Scrooge McDuck...doesn't give a duck...diving into her piles of patron! 💰💰

I wish people wouldn't give her ideas.. call me a cynic but this seems like the next future faux trauma possibility now it has been mentioned 😑

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.