Jack Monroe #249 Smart Price Custard Denier

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nigella is a dick. She could signpost her sizeable, wealthy audience towards charities that help the poor. Instead she tells them to keep her little pet pov in Cotswalds. duck off and take your "teeheehee I'm so naughty making a cheesecake as a midnight snack" nonsense with you!

Get her going where exactly?
This under the current climate all spare monies should be goinf straight to the food banks. How can people claim to help these people yet give their money away to other people. I don't get it

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I think it’s taxable but not sure why I think that, tax Frauen?
It is!
Patreon income is taxable and subject to vat if over the threshold. It is considered payment for services.
Direct PayPal, kofi, go fund me is harder to monitor and I supposed people could say it’s a gift - but she begs on Twitter referring to not being paid for her ‘work’ so if I was a tax inspector I would argue she is soliciting payment for her ‘services’ as a Twitter rentagob.

i know vat can be applied as I considered Dawn o’porters and they added vat. So she for example makes over 70k a year on Patreon. She is incredibly active on there so fair play.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Screenshotters @Silver Linings and @Marmalade Atkins
Sorry to be a twit by adding to your load, could you try and keep the date in the shot if possible? I know it’s not always next to the tweet in a thread but if you can....I’m trying to keep the most bad ones in the media area for posterity.
Thank space you so Matt much Matt
The date doesn’t show in mine unless I go into the tweet and then it’s quite big. I’ve often thought Marm’s are better for that reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
It is!
Patreon income is taxable and subject to vat if over the threshold. It is considered payment for services.
Direct PayPal, kofi, go fund me is harder to monitor and I supposed people could say it’s a gift - but she begs on Twitter referring to not being paid for her ‘work’ so if I was a tax inspector I would argue she is soliciting payment for her ‘services’ as a Twitter rentagob.
Thank you @Vanelope

Reactions: 17
I bet that soulless laughter she’s so prone to is ringing round the ugly kitchen as we speak. Really revolting she’s so happy to cash in on something like this.
She'll be doing that awful teething necklace clutching grinning thing, it makes me ill to think about it. I've had enough of you and your lovely Minestrone, Nigella, I am an ex-fan. To think I mentally forgave you for replying to a tweet from the object of my affections which went on to cause him NEVER STOPPING TALKING ABOUT IT SINCE. But this is serious.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Don’t feel foolish, lots of us were tricked. I actually contributed to the kickstarter! It wasn’t until the 75th awful ailment I noticed that I got suspicious
Posted from the past -I'd be interested in a poll to see how many of us are old followers of Jack and gradually became aware of the grift.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
for some light relief, let's see what our favourite sexy literal retail expert is up to...

oh. I regret to inform you that dresserman is a motivational quote guy 😖

View attachment 1025568
I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt because I fancy him a bit and believe that it’s a message to us, since we all went a bit crazy for motivational quotes that time. If he counts his spoons, we’ll know for sure.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Current number is 178 idiots up this month on Patreon. As mentioned upthread, some came before today. Using the basic £3.50 tier, 12% fee, that's just shy of £550 extra a month.

The Asda (the L15 incarnation) has 45p rice, 20p spaghetti, 27p marmalade amongst other delights. Like the 5p sausages - 20 for a quid. I agree overall there are less of the super low price stuff but there are plenty of alternative options. In the basic ranges I was looking at (whilst dodging bleeping students) I didn't see anything I thought was overly priced. But then I do think of the whole food chain, not much my pocket.

I can report kebab prices are on the rise again. Maybe I'll publish a detailed study alongside the ranking of chilli sauces? You can't put a price on a homemade, toilet roll in the freezer, sinus emptying sauce.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
Screenshot 2022-01-29 at 17.10.59.png

Nigella, what the hell were you thinking? You've encouraged your followers to sign up to paying a professional grifter (who isn't even poor) money for doing absolutely nothing.

I don't really know what to say, I'm stunned by her irresponsibility.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 75
402 patrons now.
Isn't that about £1400 pm at least?
Not sure.
When our records began in feb 2021 she was at 346, it’s been downhill from there until now.

402 = £1,238 absolute minimum, assuming everyone is on the £3.50 tier and Patreon charge her the top end of fees at 12%. Formula below for anyone who wants to keep the thread updated through this insanity as I’ll likely be AWAY/BUSY

DBB9BB57-277E-481A-A7AA-94AAFED31F12.jpeg

ETA - bleeping hell the rate this is going up! 427 = £1.3k min

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 46
I’ve been busy all day and come back to…..well, all this. I can’t guys. I just can’t. I feel hollow seeing all this playing out.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
For a little light relief, may I suggest a new category for the 3rd annual Sloppies?

The Charlie Bingham Broken Rice Award for food Jack has an inexplicable vendetta against

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.