Jack Monroe #249 Smart Price Custard Denier

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
for some light relief, let's see what our favourite sexy literal retail expert is up to...

oh. I regret to inform you that dresserman is a motivational quote guy šŸ˜–

20220129_163046.jpg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
I am a trusted adult and this makes me feel bleeping ill to read even without taking into account my own childhood safeguarding fails. If someone in my life had done and posted this Iā€™d put a stop to it in a similar manner. I think this level of anger is wholly appropriate.
I suspect her tweet was aimed at her son's dad's ex. Deliberately to rile them.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Big mistake Nigella. In fact so many of these Jack loving nobs are on Bbc payroll that I'm gonna stop paying my licence. I don't need it
They mither you a bit , but it is very satisfying to ring up and explain why you have decided not to watch the BBC. I haven't owned a TV for about 15 yrs.

Reactions: 20
I wouldn't be surprised if a few DMs had been exchanged between Jack and Nige in the wake of the Vibrating Boomerang Index and Jack had laid it on thick with all the "I've done all my media appearances for free, but it's OK, I'm not in this for the money, but isn't it cold at the moment? My arthritis is playing up something rotten and I can't justify putting the heating on because my rent's so high" shite. So this is Mom's way of helping out and doing her good deed for one of the unfortunates.

I really like Nigella and think she usually goes about things with the best of intentions, but I've just unfollowed her as I can't support someone who directly enables this soulless bleep's grift.

Any of our financial fraus know how much she'll be better off a month with 65-70 new paypigs?

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Thankfully you cannot set up a charity that only benefits an individual. And they don't accept piles of moleskin notebooks as evidence of benefitting a community
I know she canā€™t register herself as a charity but tip jars and patreons cash for no discernible outputs...you know people say ā€œwell I donā€™t give to Macmillan or Save The Children coz they pay their CEO six figures, Iā€™d rather support a small local charityā€ well Iā€™d rather support an accountable, transparent monolith charity where thereā€™s a better chance my money plays a part in saving lives in Afghanistan. Those people have already sold their damn kidneys. Iā€™d rather give Ā£3 a month towards a local kid who canā€™t afford it going to brownies.

• Sad
Reactions: 53
Iā€™m intrigued as to how rice is sorted now. Is there someone out there sitting in a factory somewhere hand picking the perfect rice grains for the luxury rice with one of those jewellers magnifying glasses? Or do they put it in a giant sieve that all the big fat succulent grains canā€™t get through and the smol broken grains fall straight into the value range packaging. I bet itā€™s a combination of both.
REDCAR!!

Where I live (particularly where I work) there are lots of poor people. Their main activity is shopping. They spread their money around and look for deals.

One of my neighbour doesnā€™t have a car now, so her and her granddaughter get a taxi to and from the supermarket together. Between them it probably costs pennies. She treats poor people like they are thick.
I can walk to my nearest big shop, but if I need a taxi I put that into my shopping budget. Some people call it adding up big numbers.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I have missed a few pages but that tweet has made me proper angry. I hope once they start posting all the bleeping tat they buy with the squiggullibles cash the brains might switch on. I am about a glass of wine away from replying to Mom to tell her how angry I am with her for amplifying the grifter and giving credibility to Jackā€™s grift.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
The more i see, the more i feel foolish.
Weā€™ve all been there, some have even revisited by doing a live cook along recipe test. Slimy slow cooker bread? Some kind of headfuck garlic and chocolate pasta, I myself was nearly the subject of a welfare check baking apples and oats for 8hrs in a slow cooker.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
I really like Nigella and think she usually goes about things with the best of intentions, but I've just unfollowed her as I can't support someone who directly enables this soulless bleep's grift.

Any of our financial fraus know how much she'll be better off a month with 65-70 new paypigs?
It's going to be more than 65-70, at this rate she'll be on something ridiculous like Ā£3k a month for doing sweet fanny adams.
I'm looking forward to checking if Nigella's followers dropped much after this.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
I know she canā€™t register herself as a charity but tip jars and patreons cash for no discernible outputs...you know people say ā€œwell I donā€™t give to Macmillan or Save The Children coz they pay their CEO six figures, Iā€™d rather support a small local charityā€ well Iā€™d rather support an accountable, transparent monolith charity where thereā€™s a better chance my money plays a part in saving lives in Afghanistan. Those people have already sold their damn kidneys. Iā€™d rather give Ā£3 a month towards a local kid who canā€™t afford it going to brownies.
I know this has been answered before but Iā€™m lazy, does she have to declare patreon income?

Reactions: 19
I still have no idea what Nigella was thinking.
Jack is not poor and has not been for years.
So many people are genuinely struggling and could do with the condescending nod from her instead.
It is all so incredibly wrong.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
Wonder if RSM might have something to say after seeing Jacks patreon boosted in this way.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Screenshotters @Silver Linings and @Marmalade Atkins
Sorry to be a twit by adding to your load, could you try and keep the date in the shot if possible? I know itā€™s not always next to the tweet in a thread but if you can....Iā€™m trying to keep the most bad ones in the media area for posterity.
Thank space you so Matt much Matt

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Wtf Nigella? Iā€™m so disappointed in this.. itā€™s leading clueless pay pigs to the saluter of Jack Monroe. Jack will be rubbing her hands in sheer delight.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
I still have no idea what Nigella was thinking.
Jack is not poor and has not been for years.
So many people are genuinely struggling and could do with the condescending nod from her instead.
It is all so incredibly wrong.
I donā€™t think she ever was poor. She probably thought the food bank trip was something she could get for free - why pay when you can lie? - and then she lied to someone else about her food budget and bang, zeitgeist moment. We know she canā€™t bleeping cook so was she bollocks making carrot and chickpea burgers and suffering for a lack of jam.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 36
Meanwhile...an organisation that does actual campaigning knows where to focus: the rising energy bills (using the household segmentation that the Minimum Income Standard uses, which is that standard you never hear Jack about despite her decade of 'hard work'):

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.