Jack Monroe #249 Smart Price Custard Denier

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to be honest, I am so angry I could easily revoke my tattle membership and crossover to Twitter.
I won’t because I know my little voice won’t be heard (and also I don’t understand Twitter and how it works) but this has fucked me off more than anything else. What the hell is Nigella thinking? Why should Jack get money for doing nothing except duck about on Twitter? It’s so, so wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
I wish I knew someone who worked for Private Eye. They would love this.

Sadly since Ian Hislop took out that restraining order against @Ispyabudgetbeanblogger, we may never see them publish a Jack exposé.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Would like to remind any journos who happen to lurk these threads (wishful thinking?) that the Patreon script/database/additional vis work is yours for free if you so wish. Can verify its methodology and who I am because I’m sorry but case in point, this is for cash “activism” and disgusting that one person can profiteer off austerity like this - this cash belongs with food banks.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt because I fancy him a bit and believe that it’s a message to us, since we all went a bit crazy for motivational quotes that time. If he counts his spoons, we’ll know for sure.
fair point. I'm gonna assume he's doing his dutiful grunk because he is so very... thorough 😏

steve, if you can see this, post nudes!

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I have to be honest, I am so angry I could easily revoke my tattle membership and crossover to Twitter.
I won’t because I know my little voice won’t be heard (and also I don’t understand Twitter and how it works) but this has fucked me off more than anything else. What the hell is Nigella thinking? Why should Jack get

money for doing nothing except duck about on Twitter? It’s so, so wrong.
The narrative of 'Jack selflessly does so much for everyone' is utterly galling. She does nothing apart from tweet and whine.
There are people out there actually doing something and still struggling terribly.
This whole debacle sums up what is so wrong with twitter and media luvvies. Just fall for a sob story by professional grifters who are experts in sob stories.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
Current number is 178 idiots up this month on Patreon. As mentioned upthread, some came before today. Using the basic £3.50 tier, 12% fee, that's just shy of £550 extra a month.

The Asda (the L15 incarnation) has 45p rice, 20p spaghetti, 27p marmalade amongst other delights. Like the 5p sausages - 20 for a quid. I agree overall there are less of the super low price stuff but there are plenty of alternative options. In the basic ranges I was looking at (whilst dodging bleeping students) I didn't see anything I thought was overly priced. But then I do think of the whole food chain, not much my pocket.

I can report kebab prices are on the rise again. Maybe I'll publish a detailed study alongside the ranking of chilli sauces? You can't put a price on a homemade, toilet roll in the freezer, sinus emptying sauce.
🔺 I was born there

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I guess as a consequence of this, Jack is very high up on a pedestal at the moment, in the eyes of people on social media, and in her own mind with the dopamine racing around her system. We all know what happens to people on pedestals and how unforgiving social media can be.

I guess once people start asking probing questions, maybe about her Patreon and the lack of beige postcards, her 'burnout' will come into the fore. Followed by lots of word dropping about 'treatment', 'medication' the light behind her eyes and just about getting out of bed, slowly, gently etc.

It's not like she can even spam her timeline with lots of cat photos, as questions about Mini's whereabouts will start.

Reactions: 45
I've been reminded of this quote from Nigella:
"I am determined that my children should have no financial security. It ruins people not having to earn money."

I guess she changed her mind.
thats-a-pity.gif

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
🔺 I was born there
In the Asda? Lived within a 15 minute walk of it since, well, before it was built!

I forgot to add that even here we have a sushi / Asian snack fridge in Asda. Has all sorts, I got some gyoza for a light supper. Its as though Asda have realized the demographic in the area has changed and will adapt to survive....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Now would be a good time to get a mole in her Patreon sub, wouldn't it? I imagine there'll be some little flurry of *activity* before it trails off into an endless reel of sob stories and excuses

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.