Jack Monroe #249 Smart Price Custard Denier

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The more i see, the more i feel foolish.
Don't, a lot of us all fell for her lies. It was easy before with Jack deleting her tweets on a regular basis.
But now, there's receipts, tattle never forgets and our screenshooters are always watching.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Still coming to you from 10 pages in the past, and a softy gentle trigger warning for elusion to CSA/safeguarding?

What the duck is that bleeping tweet? If she tweeted that about my child the bleep wouldn’t have thumbs left, she is VILE. I’m all for co sleeping, gentle/attachment parenting, there is no such thing as too much love your child can receive but there are very important boundaries we must lay as parents to safeguard them?!! Allowing complete strangers/non trusted adults (eg not Nan, auntie, mum/dad) to share intimate spaces such as their BED/room and spend extended periods of time with them alone IS NOT IT. Idk if I’m insane for being this angry but she’s a bleeping sicko, all of this is personal branding to appear like a naturally maternal person when she very clearly is not!!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 89
43F36BE3-8692-44F3-AC6A-BAA2FDC55EC2.jpeg

this reply just sums it up to me. All the praise coming from the blue ticks and their followers for hero Jack are so out of touch.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 64
Still coming to you from 10 pages in the past, and a softy gentle trigger warning for elusion to CSA/safeguarding?

What the duck is that bleeping tweet? If she tweeted that about my child the bleep wouldn’t have thumbs left, she is VILE. I’m all for co sleeping, gentle/attachment parenting, there is no such thing as too much love your child can receive but there are very important boundaries we must lay as parents to safeguard them?!! Allowing complete strangers/non trusted adults (eg not Nan, auntie, mum/dad) to share intimate spaces such as their BED/room and spend extended periods of time with them alone IS NOT IT. Idk if I’m insane for being this angry but she’s a bleeping sicko, all of this is personal branding to appear like a naturally maternal person when she very clearly is not!!!!
i don’t believe the story at all, jack completely lacks warmth / joy / a sense of fun / kindness so if anything i could imagine most kids being very nervous around her

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
fraus, is it possible to be scared of a piece of furniture ? because i saw this sideboard in a second hand shop i nearly jumped
Shoulda stripped down to your sports bra and knickers and taken a few thot shots on top of it x

• Haha
Reactions: 59
WHY can’t she understand that Tesco Value/Everyday Value/Sainsbury’s Basics have just been renamed?

Jack, it’s not ‘important’ that the tomato purée is now ‘mid range’ because it’s not. It’s the same product.

Let me make it simple:

Tesco Value became Everyday Value. Now it’s Stockwell and Co, Growers Harvest, H W Nevill’s, Hearty Food Co, Nightingale Farms, Butcher’s Choice, Creamfields, Miss Molly’s and Eastman’s.
These are the same products at the same price points. They are not midrange. Tesco have RENAMED their value ranges under these internal brands, but they are the same products.

Sainsbury’s no longer stocks Sainsbury’s Basics, but it does stock the same products at the same basics price point. Sainsbury’s Basics is now Hubbard’s Foodstore, House 247, Just Snax, Stanford’s Kitchen, Mary Ann’s, Lovett’s, The Greengrocer and J James. These are also not midrange. They are budget ‘in house’ brands, but they the are same products.

These are the brands people should be looking for on a budget, not complaining that value brands are being eradicated or whatever Dr Jack says because they’re not!
Other supermarkets are starting to do the same, hence why the tomato purée was the same price… it’s the same product.

Did I mention they were all the same products?

Bloody hell.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 73
Do these people think Jack lives on fresh air? Even if they are taken in by all the good work she claims to do, surely they can see her lovely, huge home? Why do they just accept the lies?!

• Sad
  • Sick
Oh and funnily enough, The Grocer wrote about these changes when they happened!

• Haha
Hi Jack! If I sign up as a Patreon, 45p a week so you can have a bag a rice, will you post pics of those bloody receipts? Fair deal. Think of the grains you'll be swimming in!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Did anyone get a Mr Frosty? I have never met anyone who did but lots of people who desperately wanted one.

Reckon it was all a massive marketing campaign and they never actually made one.
I'm on a seemingly eternal grunk but I too never got a Mr Frosty as a child despite my many requests. Mr P got me one our first Christmas together :love: ... and my mum was right -I've never bloody used it!

Back on topic, Jack is a horror. I am not fully caught up (work full time, four kids and trying to keep up with Alice Evans so may never happen) but damn, I am disgusted with her. Again.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

I agree - the parents should be furious.

But - it didn’t happen. Kids are great judges of character and there is no appearance of a maternal nature so unrelated children will not flock as to the pied piper for bedtime snuggles.

Its a terrible anecdote anyway for all the safeguarding red flags you mentioned.

Flashback to when a friends 2 year old - who I had just met decided to limpet on me when I left. Mum was mortified and I felt v awkward, kids are weird, but I’m absolutely certain this didn’t happen

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.