Jack Monroe #249 Smart Price Custard Denier

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone get a Mr Frosty? I have never met anyone who did but lots of people who desperately wanted one.

Reckon it was all a massive marketing campaign and they never actually made one.
All the poshos who did get one said they were tit

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Omg on a grunk but my mum is here and waxing lyrical about Jack. Am pulling my damn hair out as she won’t hear anything against Jack on the basis of that sausage bollocks she did on This Morning. My dad was apparently not impressed so I guess I still have one sound parent? Urgh 😭
Perhaps you should have made the delicious sausage dish as a delightful,cheap and ‘nutritious’ light lunch, that would learn her!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Yes, we've always said that it's only the accounts submission that's late. In theory she could have paid her corporation tax and any self-assessment tax due. However, to calculate your corporation tax, you need to have your company accounts done, so if that's the case, you'd think they would have been submitted.

No, Companies House is just for companies :) Self assessment and corporation tax are both dealt with by HMRC. They're two different entities.
Thank you. Sorry for being ignorant on this. PAYE prevents you (me) needing to know this stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Having said that,it's clear that Mom thinks of J as a deserving case.
Don't think Jackie will be getting in Mom's knickers as a result 🙄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Do you know what you don't buy if you are on a £10/20 a week budget and have to walk home....a 3 litre bottle of oil. Seeing that costing repeatedly in her recipes is driving me bonkers. You just don't spend 15to30% of your budget one week on oil. Because there is no slack to do that. You buy the £1 bottle because it's easier to carry and it's only 5 to 10% of your budget. That's the additional costs of being poor, that's where she could have made a point (albeit one most people know) that the smaller sizes have the worst value for money but that this is how those on fixed incomes have to shop as they just don't have an extra £2 to bulk buy. Plus carrying a bottle that weighs 3kg plus all your sacks of rice and tins of pre-rinsed beans is just so much weight.

The best recipe books for people on a budget who are new or unconfident cooks are those which set out a weekly menu and shopping list so that you buy what you need and use what you buy. A lot of us seem to do it anyway, eg batch cook mince and use some for bolognese and some for a cottage pie etc. Not "Oh I had a tin of pineapple and a tin of coconut milk so I made this bread which requires yeast and SR flour plus an hour in the oven".

I'm holding back my views on dried mixed herbs. (They are the floor rice of the herb world)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
I got one and can reveal that only thing worse than not getting Mr Frosty was the soul crushing disappointment of finding out first hand how tit it was.
Can confirm, the light has just gone out of my eyes at the memory.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.