Jack Monroe #249 Smart Price Custard Denier

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg on a grunk but my mum is here and waxing lyrical about Jack. Am pulling my damn hair out as she won’t hear anything against Jack on the basis of that sausage bollocks she did on This Morning. My dad was apparently not impressed so I guess I still have one sound parent? Urgh 😭
My mum is in that terrible cult too, "well, she knows what she's talking about" <ElmoRage.gif>. First I never got a Mr Frosty, now this.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
And she is not fussy about working with The Express/ Del Monte etc.
I thought THAT was scraping the bottom of the barrel when I joined.
Jack Monroe is out for Jack Monroe.
She's no lefty..

Reactions: 48
My mum is in that terrible cult too, "well, she knows what she's talking about" <ElmoRage.gif>. First I never got a Mr Frosty, now this.
Did anyone get a Mr Frosty? I have never met anyone who did but lots of people who desperately wanted one.

Reckon it was all a massive marketing campaign and they never actually made one.

• Haha
Reactions: 67
I just needed to say she hadn’t paid her taxes, her dad was a fireman and had a fancy house and Range Rover and my mum just said ‘so she could have had help if she’d asked’. Mum is an honourary Frau.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Right I’m home. What an end to a holiday 😂
It was quite busy in Asda and I wanted to get back to unpack etc so I haven’t photographed everything but tried to remember some of the main items mentioned. I spotted a lot of smart price white packaged items and a lot of Asda own items. Fortunately didn’t bump in to Jack, I had my husband as my security on the look out!

I’ll put the photos in a spoiler as there’s quite a few and they’re big.
My receipt to show it is Shoebury Asda
View attachment 1025230

View attachment 1025233

View attachment 1025234

View attachment 1025237
View attachment 1025238
(fancy!) Single lemons are 20p

View attachment 1025240

View attachment 1025244
(They also had a 25p and 32p can of beans)

View attachment 1025242

View attachment 1025243

View attachment 1025260

View attachment 1025245
RINSED BEANS

View attachment 1025254

View attachment 1025246
(Got flashbacks to the thread where fish was mentioned so much the word lost all meaning)

View attachment 1025247
31p peaches

View attachment 1025248

View attachment 1025249

View attachment 1025251
I haven’t grunked to the custard bit where I presume this thread title came from but took a photo of it anyway

I can’t remember who asked about curry sauce but the only one I could spot today was an 89p one
You are a legend

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Thats whats crazing me. Shes touting herself as an expert on poverty. Its like Nathan Barley but for social campaigning.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I'm beginning to suspect Jack's never actually set foot in the Shoebury Asda.

• Haha
Reactions: 81
It was quite busy in Asda and I wanted to get back to unpack etc so I haven’t photographed everything but tried to remember some of the main items mentioned. I spotted a lot of smart price white packaged items and a lot of Asda own items. Fortunately didn’t bump in to Jack, I had my husband as my security on the look out!

View attachment 1025230

View attachment 1025233

View attachment 1025234

View attachment 1025237
View attachment 1025238

View attachment 1025240

View attachment 1025244

View attachment 1025242

View attachment 1025243

View attachment 1025260

View attachment 1025245
RINSED BEANS

View attachment 1025254

View attachment 1025246
(Got flashbacks to the thread where fish was mentioned so much the word lost all meaning)

View attachment 1025247
31p peaches

View attachment 1025248

View attachment 1025249

View attachment 1025251
I haven’t grunked to the custard bit where I presume this thread title came from but took a photo of it anyway

I can’t remember who asked about curry sauce but the only one I could spot today was an 89p one
Awesome research!!

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Did anyone get a Mr Frosty? I have never met anyone who did but lots of people who desperately wanted one.

Reckon it was all a massive marketing campaign and they never actually made one.
I got one and can reveal that only thing worse than not getting Mr Frosty was the soul crushing disappointment of finding out first hand how tit it was.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 75

A girl in the big houses at the top of our street who went to a different school got one. She was the stuff of legend when she invited every kid in our street and the next to a special Mr Frosty party after finding out none of us scruffy urchins from the back to backs had one. I'd say 'and then we all clapped' but actually it was quite tit as toys go, we ran out of the flavour mix and a bit of it fell off.
This may be where my love of FACTS and FORENSIC research developed. Don't believe the hype, kids.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Is the anger normal?
Not when you actually see behind the act. When you realise she, at the bare minimum, is getting £900 per month from well meaning supporters on Patreon for doing sweet FA.....and then is suggesting that she can't afford to put the heating on...then be mad! And some of those supporters undoubtedly could be in the same position you were in.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

I bet you who did get one! Our spoilt brat smol pixie, Mx Jack Monroe. She’s just the sort of spoilt kid who nothing is ever good enough for, that in my mind had this type of thing. I’ll bet she had a Teddy Ruxpin and a Cricket doll, too!

Thanks a lot. Now I’m crying, I’ll have to speed dial one of my therapists and tell them about my doll from down the market 😭😭😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
I'm beginning to suspect Jack's never actually set foot in the Shoebury Asda.
I’d have to agree with that theory!
I know I’d said in previous threads that I’d seen a fair amount of smart price stuff and I’m sure she isn’t right but this is the first time in a while I’d really looked in detail at what was available

Reactions: 44
Not to mention that it costs money to keep data on servers in perpetuity. If they did that, Asda might have to absorb the costs by putting custard prices up.
They could try looking in their email inbox for the receipts. No timelimit on that, as it's your own responsibility.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

View attachment 1025230

View attachment 1025233

View attachment 1025234

View attachment 1025237
View attachment 1025238

View attachment 1025240

View attachment 1025244

View attachment 1025242

View attachment 1025243

View attachment 1025260

View attachment 1025245
RINSED BEANS

View attachment 1025254

View attachment 1025246

View attachment 1025247
31p peaches

View attachment 1025248

View attachment 1025249

View attachment 1025251

Forensically mithered at a granular level on her home turf.

/chef's kiss

200 (59).gif

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.