Jack Monroe #249 Smart Price Custard Denier

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here's a 2018 post in which Jack complains that prices have risen since 2012:

View attachment 1024781

Loose onions and loose carrots are CURRENTLY 85p/kg and 40p/kg respectively at Sainsburys. They may have been even cheaper in 2018, and indeed in 2012. But Jack believes that poors only buy things with BASICS written on the packet, so she never - never - recommends buying loose fruit and veg to a) save money and b) reduce waste. Budget shopping 101.

View attachment 1024784

What did Charlie Bigham ever do to her?

Why does Jack think the rich live off expensive microwave meals? Surely most people buy them like Jack herself is known to do, as an occasional treat?
I remember people spotted a Charlie Bighams wooden oven tray in amongst the clutter in her kitchen!

Food prices were artificially low in 2012 ish. This is also when I was a single mum on benefits and all of the big supermarkets were trying to outdo themselves on their value ranges so you had tomatoes, beans, curry sauce, stock cubes and a few more items for 9p hoping that you would spend more once you were in the store.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
I used to like nigella too. Any other bits of my life anyone would like to burn in front of me?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
"The tomato puree is, in fact, the same price as ten years ago but it doesn't count because it's not in the designated basic range for poor people. How are the poor people going to find the poor people food if it's not in the correct range? I WANT NO FRILLS POOR PACKAGING FOR POOR PEOPLE. ffs."
It's now 37p, so a 5% rise in 10 years.

Reactions: 21
Good!
She'll have to do some work for it now or she'll make Nigella look a right bleep.
All bets are off on Nigella being a patreon.

I can't believe she's endorsed Jack's grifting. I suspect Nigella's seal of approval means that we'll see the Smug tit in a cockery programme soon. :mad:

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
another conspiracy theorist

20220129_145449.jpg

they really think the issas are gonna fight their way past coopsy and the brambly mice in the dead of night to make sure jack's notebooks are never seen again, don't they?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 85
Cannot stop laughing at the squig who thinks there’s going to be an arson attempt or a Watergate style break in for Jack’s receipts, oh my god. Who the hell do they think she is 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.