Jack Monroe #249 Smart Price Custard Denier

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if it’s been mentioned on here or by Jack but Asda are also giving 10% off to anyone with a Blue Light card. That’s off everything in Asda and George (next month they are stopping the discount on alcohol but the rest is still on there). It’s a handy saving if anyone else here is eligible for a card and didn’t realise.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Right I’m home. What an end to a holiday 😂
It was quite busy in Asda and I wanted to get back to unpack etc so I haven’t photographed everything but tried to remember some of the main items mentioned. I spotted a lot of smart price white packaged items and a lot of Asda own items. Fortunately didn’t bump in to Jack, I had my husband as my security on the look out!

I’ll put the photos in a spoiler as there’s quite a few and they’re big.
My receipt to show it is Shoebury Asda
View attachment 1025230

View attachment 1025233

View attachment 1025234

View attachment 1025237
View attachment 1025238
(fancy!) Single lemons are 20p

View attachment 1025240

View attachment 1025244
(They also had a 25p and 32p can of beans)

View attachment 1025242

View attachment 1025243

View attachment 1025260

View attachment 1025245
RINSED BEANS

View attachment 1025254

View attachment 1025246
(Got flashbacks to the thread where fish was mentioned so much the word lost all meaning)

View attachment 1025247
31p peaches

View attachment 1025248

View attachment 1025249

View attachment 1025251
I haven’t grunked to the custard bit where I presume this thread title came from but took a photo of it anyway

I can’t remember who asked about curry sauce but the only one I could spot today was an 89p one
@Toffee finger, it's official. WE LOVE YOU!! <3 <3 <3

• Heart
Reactions: 52
My mum is DEAD (30 years ago)
She could definitely spot a bullshitter though. Don't think she'd have much time for Jackie though

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Not sure if it’s been mentioned on here or by Jack but Asda are also giving 10% off to anyone with a Blue Light card. That’s off everything in Asda and George (next month they are stopping the discount on alcohol but the rest is still on there). It’s a handy saving if anyone else here is eligible for a card and didn’t realise.
It’s just so incredible that you found all that things that were unavailable.

I mean, did her campaigning have such an immediate impact? I never could imagine that such a smol pixie could have such an effect on such a Big Shop in the south east of England.

I am so in awe of Ms Jack Monroe.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
I really think Jack should have done a pretend economics degree rather than a pretend nutrition degree.
I think she should cut out the middleman and start openly campaigning for the Tories, she's such a liability that'd see them out of power for a generation.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Right I’m home. What an end to a holiday 😂
It was quite busy in Asda and I wanted to get back to unpack etc so I haven’t photographed everything but tried to remember some of the main items mentioned. I spotted a lot of smart price white packaged items and a lot of Asda own items. Fortunately didn’t bump in to Jack, I had my husband as my security on the look out!

I’ll put the photos in a spoiler as there’s quite a few and they’re big.
My receipt to show it is Shoebury Asda
View attachment 1025230

View attachment 1025233

View attachment 1025234

View attachment 1025237
View attachment 1025238
(fancy!) Single lemons are 20p

View attachment 1025240

View attachment 1025244
(They also had a 25p and 32p can of beans)

View attachment 1025242

View attachment 1025243

View attachment 1025260

View attachment 1025245
RINSED BEANS

View attachment 1025254

View attachment 1025246
(Got flashbacks to the thread where fish was mentioned so much the word lost all meaning)

View attachment 1025247
31p peaches

View attachment 1025248

View attachment 1025249

View attachment 1025251
I haven’t grunked to the custard bit where I presume this thread title came from but took a photo of it anyway

I can’t remember who asked about curry sauce but the only one I could spot today was an 89p one
You are my hero

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Don’t know where this will end up.

But I bought our Charlie in a big duck you to Jack, strapped him in the car as the way she talks about his meals they’re solid gold. Oh and it worked out CHEAPER buying this meal for two for me and my Mum with a M&S (no less) garlic baguette than it was to buy two separate ready meals/stuff to cook.
While I was in there actually, 1kg of fusilli was 75p which I was surprised by!

Charlie Bigham is worth ten of you Jack, you rent-a-tweet twit. Now duck off and play with your abacus.

5BA3E6AB-7A67-4CF7-94C7-1645BD878E07.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 113
Did anyone get a Mr Frosty? I have never met anyone who did but lots of people who desperately wanted one.

Reckon it was all a massive marketing campaign and they never actually made one.
I did! Only got to use it once - which my mum made me wait until summer to do anyway and then declared it a massive pain in the arse, so probably got rid of it shortly thereafter...

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Woah! Stop. Is CH not the way for self-assessment?

How do self-assessment frau do it? Not via CH?

Going to stick with Big Maths and not Big Tax or just rewatch Emily in Paris. That seems to be my intellectual level right now.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Yes, we've always said that it's only the accounts submission that's late. In theory she could have paid her corporation tax and any self-assessment tax due. However, to calculate your corporation tax, you need to have your company accounts done, so if that's the case, you'd think they would have been submitted.

Woah! Stop. Is CH not the way for self-assessment?

How do self-assessment frau do it? Not via CH?

Going to stick with Big Maths and not Big Tax or Emily in Paris. That seems to be my intellectual level right now.
No, Companies House is just for companies :) Self assessment and corporation tax are both dealt with by HMRC. They're two different entities.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.