Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Limetree

Is she actually threatening Chrismate with lawyers??? WTF for? What’s he’s done? He’s politely disagreed!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82

MooBelle

VIP Member
Daughter is on a weekend away with mates. They've just arrived and she rang to say she'd arrived safely and was just picking up booze from the supermarket.
(Not actual conversation but it went like this)
Daughter' yeah we got here fine, traffic wasn't bad'
Me'oh good, have fun'
DD'oh I don't like strange supermarkets I can never find anything, you'd thing all Asdas would be set out the same'
Me 'ARE YOU IN AN ASDA'?!!!!
DD'yes, getting wine'
Me'go and look to see if they have Smart Price things'
DD'wtf is wrong with you mother?'
I don't know how I'm going to explain it to her....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80

LavaFlake

VIP Member
She literally can't deal with one single prominent person who isn't a crank having a differing opinion can she. It's embarrassing. It's not even an opinion though, Chris is presenting her with facts.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 79

Vanelope

VIP Member
Jack also tweets about people and institutions with no comeback, like her supposedly anonymous meetings.

Jack - Had a great meeting with ONS, really constructive.

ONS - we sent Bert the intern in with some slides and he took notes for an hour which we binned. He’s getting a bakewell slice for that.

• Haha
  • Heart

FlirtyThirty

VIP Member
Fraus, I just don't know what to say. A second thread title! I'm HONOURED. And she totally is (as well as being a whelksplat) Delighted. Thank(space)you @PuritySpiral

Can I ask as a bit of an odd question as I guess I am not a knowledgeable Frau about this and I really don’t want to offend. Jack described herself yesterday as Trans. I thought Jack was non-binary and that this was different to being trans. Can someone enlighten me and sorry for what feels like a really obtuse question. Thanks.
I don't know the difference - I thought non-binary meant you didn't identify as male or female, so there would be no transitioning from one to the other, and so no 'trans', but Jack clearly said she wanted to transition to be male (full whack) but later said she had never said she wanted to transition. I think the takeaway is Jack is a bandwagon hopping liar.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Lemonsweets91

Thatcher comes back from the dead, sets up a Twitter account, tells Jack she's impressed with her "accidental" campaign.

@bootstrapcook: "Thanks Maggie, your support means a lot!! I was DELIGHTED when I saw you'd joined Twitter xx"

• Haha
Reactions: 78

Rekyavikgirl

VIP Member
"You can't be an empathetic and effective midwife unless you've given birth"
"You can't be an empathetic and effective oncologist unless you've had cancer"
"You can't be an empathetic and effective mental health nurse if you've never been mentally ill"
"You can't be an empathetic and effective housing officer unless you've been homeless"

"You can't be an empathetic and effective poverty campaigner unless you've been poor"

Doesn't work, DOES IT JACK. Bloody simpleton.

Personal experience can impair the development of true empathy when it's constantly used as a tentpole for your argument. It shuts down others (and we've seen Jack use her 'experiences' as a weapon to shut others up too many times.)

• Heart
  • Sad

DinosaurSenior

VIP Member
As part of my job... processing newspapers ... I have to put a sticker on the front page.

Today's Guardian got one that completely covered the smol pixie's smug chops. A small gesture but oddly satisfying.

Never forget the time Jack and LJC covered up JOs books with copies of her own, in a bookshop.

• Heart
  • Haha

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
So in just one day she's made veiled legal threats to the Economics Editor of the Financial Times and angled for the CEO of Asda role. Totally normal behaviour, nothing to see here.

• Haha
Reactions: 77

Ninch55

Chatty Member
The co op is out of my favourite bananas so I’m just nipping to Barbados. Back soon xx

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
It’s wild reading people wilfully misunderstanding Chris Giles’ tweets just to pile on in defence of poor, helpless, bullied Jack. He repeatedly says that the poor will feel inflation more, he’s clearly not an ideologue. None of the data proves any of the wild claims she made in her Twitter thread, someone in the replies (still defending her though!!) notes that he doesn’t know what “methodology” she used (I can tell you - it’s the “embellishing anecdotal data for attention” methodology). Chris is 100% right to question her.

By all means, Jack, draw attention to food poverty issues but stop trying to pretend that literal mathematics is attacking you because you don’t understand it. Fuck’s sake.

(Waiting on her to pull out the “would you be questioning my maths if I was a man?” schtick)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76