Jack Monroe #248 Let's face it, she's the Rachel Dolezal of poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Title by @FlirtyThirty Nommed by @PuritySpiral

Please leave thread title nominations until the tail end of the thread and to add ‘thread title’ or ‘thread title nomination’ and no swearing in them please.

Wiki is the pink button for newbies.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Can I ask as a bit of an odd question as I guess I am not a knowledgeable Frau about this and I really don’t want to offend. Jack described herself yesterday as Trans. I thought Jack was non-binary and that this was different to being trans. Can someone enlighten me and sorry for what feels like a really obtuse question. Thanks.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Fraus, I just don't know what to say. A second thread title! I'm HONOURED. And she totally is (as well as being a whelksplat) Delighted. Thank(space)you @PuritySpiral

Can I ask as a bit of an odd question as I guess I am not a knowledgeable Frau about this and I really don’t want to offend. Jack described herself yesterday as Trans. I thought Jack was non-binary and that this was different to being trans. Can someone enlighten me and sorry for what feels like a really obtuse question. Thanks.
I don't know the difference - I thought non-binary meant you didn't identify as male or female, so there would be no transitioning from one to the other, and so no 'trans', but Jack clearly said she wanted to transition to be male (full whack) but later said she had never said she wanted to transition. I think the takeaway is Jack is a bandwagon hopping liar.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 79
this thread title's amazing. can't believe we've not had something like it before!

so she's filled a side of a4 with the names of tinned foods and called it a day? great work, much activism

anyway, she can't possibly have a tea break now. it's 2pm - school run time!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
this thread title's amazing. can't believe we've not had something like it before!

so she's filled a side of a4 with the names of tinned foods and called it a day? great work, much activism

I love how she makes a massive deal of doing the school run for a secondary-aged child who doesn’t live with her.

I can’t remember who it was who pointed out that she uses her Twitter meltdowns as a passive-aggressive way to punish the people in her life but it now makes such sense why she was having a full-on episode at the beginning of lockdown: SB’s dad had to work through it so it made sense for SB to move in with her full time. Cue horror that she had to think of someone who wasn’t her.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
Well, it is confusing - according to Jack ‘she’s just a woman with a biro’ 🤷‍♀️

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Love the thread title, can't believe it hasn't been used before!
kCe (1).gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

But where are the eleventy billion % price increases on her list?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I’m in the virtual audience tonight for the closest thing we have to Newsnight 🔺
The producer rang yesterday to talk me through it and she said that one of the discussion points will be inflation and the rising costs of food shopping. Glad I’ve opted to be a silent participant 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Brilliant title. Jack is just horrendous just now. There is no escape and her brown nosing is off the charts. Fingers crossed it will be her downfall.

Cupace20220127141258.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Is mayo really an essential for the Vain bothersome index Jack? There are some people in the world without running water and you're worrying about the cost increase of condiments now.

And marvellous, all varieties of sardines.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.