Jack Monroe #248 Let's face it, she's the Rachel Dolezal of poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Imagine being on a work call and someone disagrees with you, and you take to passive aggressively talking to your pet about how they’re wrong.
You’d be getting an ‘informal chat’ put in your diary off your manager

I have a confession.

The other day my youngest wanted to help me do some paperwork. I gave him a biro( causes he's doing grown up work) and some crappy letters from chain mailsj( you know the sort) and told him to write his name on them all and it would be very helpful. He did and thought he was the boss of everything....

When I see her stuff I think.... same!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Taking aside that these products are probably instore or given a fake brand name, own brand flour is still only 45p. What is the bleeping point?!
D06DD8C0-CFB4-4F35-BEB1-87C8B49BF0AA.jpeg
2F9F03B3-33AC-492C-B275-9FE30C319341.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Jack in full gotcha mode!
tenor (2).gif

I love a chaos. Haven't laughed at Jack so much since the Lingreenie incident.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Ooh I bet the supermarkets are shitting themselves at the thought of facing Mr Israel.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
But we’ve SEENT the smart price rice you disingenuous ghoul!! It’s still 45 bleeping pence!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Online shopping has changed enormously during the pandemic anyway. I found a lot of my usual buys were constantly unavailable from Tesco. These were neither lowest price or highest, just middle of the road. I just assumed this was down to supply issues and/or the store they were coming from had stopped selling them. You know what I did? Started shopping elsewhere. Either from other grocery stores, or actually going into store to get those items.
Is Jack factoring in a pandemic to account for all of these missing items as well? It isn't just smart price food that has had problems. There were huge supply chain issues across the board for absolutely everything. That will be taken into account I assume, yes?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
I see the issue here. Jack doesn't know the ol' sort by low to high button, so she needs to put 'smartprice' for every single item she buys.

• Haha
Reactions: 67
this is amazing i can’t stop laughing at her being shocked that blindly believing prices from her own memory isn’t enough evidence for some 😂

i give it 30 mins before this is all deleted. oh dear.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Also just to add to the fact that rice is STILL 45p, rice farmers live off a bleeping pittance! Think about that when you’re lounging in your Karen-y John Lewis showroom, Jack!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 72
Maybe the demand for cheap tinned mandarins isn’t what you believe it to be Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Also just to add to the fact that rice is STILL 45p, rice farmers live off a bleeping pittance! Think about that when you’re lounging in your Karen-y John Lewis showroom, Jack!
She doesn't even use dry rice!!! It's always the microwave pouches!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.