Jack Monroe #248 Let's face it, she's the Rachel Dolezal of poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To keep prices low supermarkets can squeeze the suppliers - which they do. Thus making the suppliers all over the world poorer.

It's far more complicated than Jack thinks.

Reactions: 50
I’ve just seen her Newcastle/10 hours to pick up a pack of spaghetti post and actually started laughing to myself. I cannot believe someone in the public eye like this is even formulating that sentence, typing it out, and pressing DONE.

I need some jam but sadly the 39p ones in my local Tesco have been discontinued. I SHAN’T go to Asda, Morrisons, Lidl, Iceland, Aldi, B&M, Co-Op, or the millions of corner shops and Tesco expresses in my town to find some. I will drive to Manchester and find some there instead. #jackshack
Going to Manchester to buy jam is the Jack equivalent of Dominic Cummings going to Barnard Castle to test his eyes!

(Shame our smol pixies big maths and economics doesn't extend to paying her taxes)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Why are so many people buying into this and retweeting without any critical thought?
Because data is trendy yet none of these people understand it beyond some vague basics. See; anyone on Twitter describing looking at a number as "analysis".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I also really resent her saying "people who have never had to shop from it" as a way of discrediting her critics.

Whether people have shopped from Smartprice ranges or not is irrelevant (and also extremely judgemental on her part, but hey, what's new). If this is all about the FORENSICS and BIG MATHS then it's got nothing to do with whether Chrismate has shopped at Asda or not.

Either this is Big Maths, or it's an emotional anecdote, but it cannot be both, Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I also really resent her saying "people who have never had to shop from it" as a way of discrediting her critics.

Whether people have shopped from Smartprice ranges or not is irrelevant (and also extremely judgemental on her part, but hey, what's new). If this is all about the FORENSICS and BIG MATHS then it's got nothing to do with whether Chrismate has shopped at Asda or not.

Either this is Big Maths, or it's an emotional anecdote, but it cannot be both, Jack.
The irony is, Jack has never had to shop from the SmartPrice range herself. It’s allllll part of the cosplay. She can’t even cook the 45p rice!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Screenshot 2022-01-28 14.33.28.png

Oh God Just SHUT UP you foul snake. Why is she like this? Why is Jack? Why, I cry.

I feel like I'm going mad here. Lots of value products have been rebranded as other things.

Perhaps doing a quiz will help?

Martin is a poor. He's at home howling and clawing the carpet but soon will gingerly enter Asda in search of life saving Smart Price Pineapple Chunks. He reaches the tinned fruit aisle but is horrified to learn that there are no Smart Price Pineapple Chunks. What does he do?

A. Nothing, his life is over now. He knows he will soon die, just another statistic in Tory Britain.
B. Turn to crime and steal a tin of People's Urchin approved Del Monte pineapple.
C. Buy Tropical Betty's cheap 'n' wild pineapple chunks instead as they are the cheapest.
D. Turn to the VimesBootsIndex to see price increases over the last 10 years as this will somehow help his situation.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 99
This has been a very enjoyable Grunk. 8 out of 10, would Grunk again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
"You can't be an empathetic and effective midwife unless you've given birth"
"You can't be an empathetic and effective oncologist unless you've had cancer"
"You can't be an empathetic and effective mental health nurse if you've never been mentally ill"
"You can't be an empathetic and effective housing officer unless you've been homeless"

"You can't be an empathetic and effective poverty campaigner unless you've been poor"

Doesn't work, DOES IT JACK. Bloody simpleton.

Personal experience can impair the development of true empathy when it's constantly used as a tentpole for your argument. It shuts down others (and we've seen Jack use her 'experiences' as a weapon to shut others up too many times.)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 78
"You can't be an empathetic and effective mental health nurse if you've never been mentally ill"

"You can't be an empathetic and effective poverty campaigner unless you've been poor"

Does…does she not understand empathy? Is this because of her transdepressiveconvulsiveconcussionarthritisloNgcoviditus?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Jack also tweets about people and institutions with no comeback, like her supposedly anonymous meetings.

Jack - Had a great meeting with ONS, really constructive.

ONS - we sent Bert the intern in with some slides and he took notes for an hour which we binned. He’s getting a bakewell slice for that.
I'm late to the party but was she tweeting unrelated bollocks at the alleged time of the alleged ONS meeting instead of paying attention to the meeting? I'm struggling with the timeline but it doesn't seem entirely out of character so...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
View attachment 1023080

Oh God Just SHUT UP you foul snake. Why is she like this? Why is Jack? Why, I cry.

I feel like I'm going mad here. Lots of value products have been rebranded as other things.

Perhaps doing a quiz will help?

Martin is a poor. He's at home howling and clawing the carpet but soon will gingerly enter Asda in search of life saving Smart Price Pineapple Chunks. He reaches the tinned fruit aisle but is horrified to learn that there are no Smart Price Pineapple Chunks. What does he do?

A. Nothing, his life is over now. He knows he will soon die, just another statistic in Tory Britain.
B. Turn to crime and steal a tin of People's Urchin approved Del Monte pineapple.
C. Buy Tropical Betty's cheap 'n' wild pineapple chunks instead as they are the cheapest.
D. Turn to the VimesBootsIndex to see price increases over the last 10 years as this will somehow help his situation.
"Tropical Betty's cheap 'n' wild" sounds like my kinda night tbf

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Narc rage. It’s thrown about a lot but I really think she is.
Agreed. I think ONS did a good job of explaining kindly that’s she’s wrong. On the surface it’s all kissy kissy but it’s sunk in somewhere that she’s wrong and that’s transferred to Chrismate (gawd luv im)

• Heart
Reactions: 50
"You can't be an empathetic and effective housing officer unless you've been homeless"

Personal experience can impair the development of true empathy when it's constantly used as a tentpole for your argument. It shuts down others (and we've seen Jack use her 'experiences' as a weapon to shut others up too many times.)
She is a weapon

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.