Jack Monroe #248 Let's face it, she's the Rachel Dolezal of poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Accidentally spearheading"?? That's like a child accidentally eating all the chocolate.

Getting bored of her now, and the excessive use of brackets. Can we have an egg topped bowl of ramen to critique please?

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I used to do it a lot too and it's such a nightmare. Out of all of Jack's supposed conditions, ADHD is the one I can 100% believe but there's no way it's being effectively managed. That leads me to believe she's likely paying privately (£££) for meds cause I can't see an NHS GP taking over shared care with her in this state.
IIRC, she's said on Twitter before that she does pay for a private prescription.

Reactions: 24
As part of my job... processing newspapers ... I have to put a sticker on the front page.

Today's Guardian got one that completely covered the smol pixie's smug chops. A small gesture but oddly satisfying.

Never forget the time Jack and LJC covered up JOs books with copies of her own, in a bookshop.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 78
Thatcher comes back from the dead, sets up a Twitter account, tells Jack she's impressed with her "accidental" campaign.

@bootstrapcook: "Thanks Maggie, your support means a lot!! I was DELIGHTED when I saw you'd joined Twitter xx"

• Haha
Reactions: 78
You know what's annoying...listing bacon grill on there as if that's something someone in poverty SHOULD be eating...I think you'll find jack for the price per 100g actual bacon is cheaper?!

Don't even let me read the rest of the pov list
I was
Jack seems to eat like it's still the Winter of Discontent. Most people under a certain age (including hers) don't.
All I kept dreaming about was having a Chinese takeaway, not ****ing spam fritters, fray bentos pies or prunes!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Thatcher comes back from the dead, sets up a Twitter account, tells Jack she's impressed with her "accidental" campaign.

@bootstrapcook: "Thanks Maggie, your support means a lot!! I was DELIGHTED when I saw you'd joined Twitter xx"
And then she'd add: Can't wait to show my Dad this tweet, you're one of his favourite people, M! 🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.