Jack Monroe #248 Let's face it, she's the Rachel Dolezal of poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't want to be price checking some rando squig's receipt today, but here we are... Asda milk chocolate butter biscuits are right there on the website for 79p still. Organic raspberries are still 2.19 (and frankly, from my super-special knowledge as a farmer's daughter, you shouldn't be buying raspberries in January). The squashes are still the same price, and there I shall leave it.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Let me spell it out for you. I’m not going to tell you what it’s about until I’ve done it. But it’s definitely not that. Now don’t push me bud. I’m busy saving lives here not tweeting about mandarins or whatever the hell you’re going on about

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
pleasseeee say this is the beginning of squigs tagging her every single time they come across a smart price product that she claims no longer exists

• Haha
Reactions: 72
I'm actually starting to think Campaign Jack might be the worst Jack. Then again I always think the current Jack is the worst Jack. Is it not about time she tried to lure a new mate to the crappy Bungalow by sporting a frightwig and dry humping a Cotswold?

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Oh, so it's a logistics thing now. She intends to change the way supermarkets organise their supply chains, based on all of that experience in....tweeting, that she has.
My daughter works for a food company doing exactly that job, I'd love to see Jack try and do it, it's not the easiest

Reactions: 34
FFS just saw JM mentioned in a data newsletter I receive on my work email. Even though the ONS was already working on it (but had suspended"this more detailed analysis of inflation during the pandemic because so many items were temporarily unavailable.")

No one is safe form JM

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Daughter is on a weekend away with mates. They've just arrived and she rang to say she'd arrived safely and was just picking up booze from the supermarket.
(Not actual conversation but it went like this)
Daughter' yeah we got here fine, traffic wasn't bad'
Me'oh good, have fun'
DD'oh I don't like strange supermarkets I can never find anything, you'd thing all Asdas would be set out the same'
Me 'ARE YOU IN AN ASDA'?!!!!
DD'yes, getting wine'
Me'go and look to see if they have Smart Price things'
DD'wtf is wrong with you mother?'
I don't know how I'm going to explain it to her....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
View attachment 1023080

Oh God Just SHUT UP you foul snake. Why is she like this? Why is Jack? Why, I cry.

I feel like I'm going mad here. Lots of value products have been rebranded as other things.

Perhaps doing a quiz will help?

Martin is a poor. He's at home howling and clawing the carpet but soon will gingerly enter Asda in search of life saving Smart Price Pineapple Chunks. He reaches the tinned fruit aisle but is horrified to learn that there are no Smart Price Pineapple Chunks. What does he do?

A. Nothing, his life is over now. He knows he will soon die, just another statistic in Tory Britain.
B. Turn to crime and steal a tin of People's Urchin approved Del Monte pineapple.
C. Buy Tropical Betty's cheap 'n' wild pineapple chunks instead as they are the cheapest.
D. Turn to the VimesBootsIndex to see price increases over the last 10 years as this will somehow help his situation.
I am hooting so loudly the neighbour next door texted me to ask if I was OK. And he's partially deaf...🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.