Jack Monroe #248 Let's face it, she's the Rachel Dolezal of poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies in advance dear hearts but Jack is causing perpetual grunk mode on here.
So, I accidentally heard Jack (not paid her taxes for 2 years) Monroe on Radio 2 today.
When asked what percentage HER shopping had gone up over the past year she CLAIMED
it was about 40%

I'd like to see some of those forensic facts to back that little percentage up!
Yeah Cotswolds and urban decay, all imported

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Jack, looking for something new to misunderstand:
🤔 Hmm, I've done marauding and languishing, I've done the concept of a mullet and I've driven my inability to comprehend that 'Thankyou' is not a word right into the ground
💡Aha! Percentages! That's a good 'un, but it's not quite enough...
I know, I'll rile the entirety of the French population with a riff on a cassoulet which proves beyond doubt I don't actually know what specific dishes are, what they contain or how they are made. That'll do 😌
Surely you mean, ‘That’ll do 😏’.

I’ll see myself out.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Just looking at her list, it's full of tit like tinned chicken in white sauce, tinned Irish stew etc. Is this genuinely what she thinks poor people consider weekly essentials? They're poor, they're not preppers ffs!
Grunkaing, so may have been mentioned. It looks more like she's doing a cupboard inventory to me. There's no prices or anything that her silly index would need, and it's the sort of stuff she buys to rinse the sauce off and cook for four hours.

Reactions: 27
I thought the reason she wrote the first book was in order to educate food bank users about how to cook with the items in the food bank? Otherwise what was the point?
THERE WAS NEVER A POINT!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
That list also looks "whiter than a jar of mayo" (her words not mine). I do not have the stats but is that the kind of food that low income immigrants/refuges/BAME people would eat? Corned beef and Fray Bentos?! It all sounds like its centring around her experiences of eating tinned fish... (shock)
That’s an excellent point - I live in an area with high % of working class people from South Asia & Africa and in Iceland I generally see many people just buying just eggs, milk and bread. I think rice and fresh ingredients they can get cheaply elsewhere but Iceland has the largest milk bottles & big cartons of eggs v cheap. I can’t imagine they buy many fray bentos. So if she wanted to take in the real experience of some of the poor and most vulnerable she would have to look into small butchers and grocers that serve those communities. I’d imagine their prices are less elastic.

Reactions: 40
Has Jack's biro ran out of ink after listing the contents of a supermarket? No update on the vimto boobs index yet?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I went tooth searching.
Early Jack with the same teeth.
monroe-hub-680d17d.jpg

Willem Dafoe Jack which I can't unsee (how the duck does she do the chameleon impersonation so well)?
jack-monroe.jpg

Scary teeth from a previous thread.
Screenshot_20220127-231403_Samsung Internet.jpg

I would have thought that with having so much money, Jack would have done her teeth before fillers.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Just out of interest, did anyone spot the £300 coffee machine when Jack was doing the kitchen (I had a break so may have missed it)? The pods for these things are expensive-I do find it annoying that Jack asks for PayPal, patreon & donations & drops hints about not being able to turn on the heating/needing to pay rent when she’s clearly well off. Why can’t she just earn money with her books & be honest about all the high end goods she has? It’s so sly-preying on the gullible.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
She and her husband launched the magazine. Jack probably thinks Delia only did a few recipe books she is that clueless.

On one tonight peeps. Why on Earth would Jack need all the old Sainsburys mags. I mean, why? To get ideas for her new tit recipes?

Delia is a cut above. In fact, the effort her, her husband and her team put in to those early programmes just shows how little Jack knows about true cookery skills and what it takes to cook on television. She thinks anyone can do it, which they can’t. Jamie might not be everyone’s cup of tea but when he was “discovered”, he was working in one of the most reputable kitchens in London. The skills required of the producers and directors to make the first Naked Chef look so effortless were amazing.

Jack just messes around, laughing about cheap sausages and using non-secret ingredients.
I've mentioned a couple of times on these threads about my friend who is a chef and has her own pub-restaurant. (Mostly mention her when Jack says she's going to open her own restaurant)
She (my friend) often works 20 hour days, especially at peak times like Christmas.
She doesn't mind because the pub is her life dream and she wouldn't have it any other way. Lockdown just about broke her financially and emotionally. Jack just couldn't imagine, especially with her income skyrocketing during Lockdown.
My friend went to catering college, which wasn't just cooking. She learnt how to clean a toilet properly and make a bed to a high standard. She learnt how to stock take and all about profit margins. She also learned about the history of cooking.
Same thing with people like JO and James Martin.
JO worked in the kitchen of his dad's pub from childhood.
JM helped his dad as head of catering at Castle Howard from age 12. Both spent decades being screamed at and working all hours in kitchens to learn their trade.
Clodagh Mckenna jokes she knows all about soup because she spent a year on the 'soup spot' in her first job. Can you imagine Jack doing any of that?
She is just insufferable.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.