Jack Monroe #248 Let's face it, she's the Rachel Dolezal of poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry I'm grunking, so I don't know where this will land, but WHY does she cook like she's never eaten anything before ever?

Beans, lentils, and assorted fridge gravel with cream cheese is not cassoulet? Why the duck is there cream cheese in it? What possible purpose does it serve?

I'm incensed.
Just choked on *assorted fridge gravel* 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I found these comments under one of Jack's tweets. Everyone ignored them as per usual 😂

View attachment 1020662View attachment 1020663View attachment 1020664View attachment 1020665
Here's a glorious piece of anecdata: the cost of new (not electric) vehicles has gone down in Australia and in relation to income in the last decade. I was absolutely amazed when I purchased a 3 year old Hyundai AWD SUV a couple of years ago; amazed at what my purchasing power was. However, a significantlt more affluent friend purchased a Porsche SUV at the same time. I'm guessing he doesn't think car prices have gone down LOL.

Bugalugs with the pricey rice says her rice has gone up in price, it has risen. Is that inflation or supply/demand?

• Sad
Reactions: 20
First of all, that dish is a monstrosity and I can’t believe anyone would choose to show it off (although Jack fans are a special breed).
Secondly, strong hoarder vibes again from Jack with her asking for a pile of ancient supermarket magazines. It’s a genuinely life-ruining condition and gets worse with age, makes me truly worry for her a bit even though I very much dislike her. She has a (mostly...) lovely home rn but I’ve seen this illness take hold and it’s not pretty.
On a grunk so it's probably already been pointed out - she'll want those sainsburys mags for recipe-pilfering reasons.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I've only once in my life has a private prescription . It was for an out of patent antifungal ( allergy Dr thought I had Candida in my gut a diagnosis that seems much less popular these days!) So fairly cheap common drug, it was £14.00 20 yrs ago. I can only guess what a controlled drug prescription costs, which may depending on the category need two Drs signatures and cannot be on automatic computerised repeat
You can be looking at £100+ a month for ADHD medication, plus charges for appointments, the actual prescription being written, etc.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
On a grunk so it's probably already been pointed out - she'll want those sainsburys mags for recipe-pilfering reasons.
Not to be weird but I have a lot of those specific back issues from learning to cook at university. I'll let you know if any new slop looks familiar.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I thought I could grunk my way through 5+ threads but sadly I have to work and can't sit on my (non-Mediterranean) arse reading Tattle all day. WTAF is going on???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Oh hell no! That's too much for me! (It was draining watching a woman sadly lose her sanity, I bailed at about thread 9!)
she's gone off the scale now, just when you think she has peaked, she gets worse, I fear for the daughters

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
How is that anything like a cassoulet?

Has she ever met food?
Reminds me, as I think I've related before, that my mum once got quite annoyed with me and my dad because we started, intentionally a bit twattishly¹, calling everything from soup to any kind of stew "cassoulet", because she found the word pretentious.

¹that's not a word.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Just out of interest, did anyone spot the £300 coffee machine when Jack was doing the kitchen (I had a break so may have missed it)? The pods for these things are expensive-I do find it annoying that Jack asks for PayPal, patreon & donations & drops hints about not being able to turn on the heating/needing to pay rent when she’s clearly well off. Why can’t she just earn money with her books & be honest about all the high end goods she has? It’s so sly-preying on the gullible.
See, this is why she is soooo annoying. If you have that much money to spare, coffee is your “thing” and have the time, Sage do a good bean to cup machine (alluded to it in an earlier post).

However, because Jack is too concerned with having flashy looking items in her kitchen but actually can’t be bothered with the bean to cup malarkey, she spent a fortune on a Sage pod machine.

But there is ABSOLUTELY no need to spend that much money on a nespresso pod machine. The basic nespresso machines are as good as the one Jack has. So she has wasted £100s, yes, £100s on a pod machine.

But I thought she didn’t like coffee I hear you cry…

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Managed to catch up, took a while. I miss slow cooker jack, it felt so calm.
has Mom commented at all? Also loving that channel 4 seem to giving her a wide berth. I like to think that LJC has developed some critical thinking skills after believing Jack saying she invented sure start vouchers

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.