Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Can I please take this opportunity to say to anyone credulous enough to believe her: SHE IS NOT AUTISTIC. She has two different 'diagnosis' stories that do not match up. One of these she claims took place while she was at school when she was assessed by an 'educational psychiatrist' but it was hidden from her by her parents. Firstly, there's no such thing as an educational psychiatrist. Secondly, during the time period it was extraordinarily rare for girls to be diagnosed with autism. Thirdly, no school or competent parents would ever approve of suppressing such a diagnosis as it would be actively damaging to the child when they could benefit from professional intervention.

She also claimed that her GP told her she had '99% of the traits of classic autism' which is not a thing any professional would ever say. The only time she mentions autism is when she either wants to pre-emptively deflect criticism or play up to the stereotypes (see: comparing herself to Greta Thunberg with an 'autistic superpower' or claiming she can hear electricity in the walls). There's a perfect example of her duplicity in action at this very moment - she's saying being autistic makes her a Big/granular maths expert but it's as plain as the ever-changing nose on her smug face that she can't actually do even basic maths.

This is exactly the same modus operandi as appropriating arthritis and claiming that she needs a stick to walk and has lost full function of both her hands. It's a fucking charade so that she can add another disabled minority card to her deck. Her presenting herself as an autistic woman in this manner when autism in women is already so widely misunderstand is completely ignorant and injurious to the whole community.

Sorry for the scathing essay but this has really been grinding my botulism radiator mushrooms.

• Heart
Reactions: 116

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Oh noes, Jack's worked out that getting food in petrol forecourts is more expensive than getting it in supermarkets. This was highly classified information. She's blown the lid off it! But I'm glad the people who previously did their big shop at the petrol station now know they can get things cheaper elsewhere.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 105

handymandy

Chatty Member
Just to say I’m new here! 🙋🏼‍♀️ Saw her on the tv the other morning and immediately thought - ooo I’ve seen a few threads flying about about her, so here I am. Never knew who she was before. What a knobber

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 103

jenny2603

VIP Member
Screenshot 2022-01-28 14.33.28.png

Oh God Just SHUT UP you foul snake. Why is she like this? Why is Jack? Why, I cry.

I feel like I'm going mad here. Lots of value products have been rebranded as other things.

Perhaps doing a quiz will help?

Martin is a poor. He's at home howling and clawing the carpet but soon will gingerly enter Asda in search of life saving Smart Price Pineapple Chunks. He reaches the tinned fruit aisle but is horrified to learn that there are no Smart Price Pineapple Chunks. What does he do?

A. Nothing, his life is over now. He knows he will soon die, just another statistic in Tory Britain.
B. Turn to crime and steal a tin of People's Urchin approved Del Monte pineapple.
C. Buy Tropical Betty's cheap 'n' wild pineapple chunks instead as they are the cheapest.
D. Turn to the VimesBootsIndex to see price increases over the last 10 years as this will somehow help his situation.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 99

Mel Donte

Chatty Member
I work in a care home but have no lived experience of being elderly :( I'll hand in my resignation tomorrow and apologise for being such a youthsplaining ninny.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 93

Pocahontas

VIP Member
I listened to her on Jeremy Vine. She waffled, giggled and drawled on about the same things, of course. But it was the people calling in afterwards who I wanted to listen to, cos I was curious to see if anyone was going to say ‘Who the hell is this Jack Monroe person, they don’t speak for me.’ But of course they didn’t. They just wanted to tell their stories - real, genuinely sad stories about struggling with rises in energy costs and food bills, and how depressed and scared they are at the rises. (Because there are rises - we can show photos of being able to buy cheap pasta and rice - but food IS generally costing more. And energy, petrol, all of it.)

So - they don’t care if Jack hasn’t paid her taxes, has food in her cupboards and freezers, spaffs 100 quid on spoons, has a house full of belongings, takes an embarrassing amount of selfies, has lip filler, etc. etc. They don’t care - all they care about is the chance to be able to say how it is for them, and for it be relevant. It’s undeniable that she’s been all across the news for over a week now - and that is soooo annoying because of everything that’s talked about here. But, for some people it’s worthwhile for them to have ‘loudhailer’ 🤢 so they can have a chance to say about how it is for them, because it’s real for them. And they’re not going to a deep dive on Jack, because to them, she’s saying everything they want to. Just made me think.

(If the Vimes in Boots Index thingy ever comes to fruition, and is a slapdash affair, I still don’t think it will matter)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 92

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Imagine having the gall to say to the economics editor at the FT "happy to answer any questions you may have about what’s coming".

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 90

Smeghead

VIP Member
Hi all, smeghead here. You may remember me from some imaginatively crafted thread titles including the gut-busting Jack Monroe #111 I can't believe she got butter.
I have continued to read every thread but just been too BUSY to be an active participant. Just popped in to say hi, keep up the good work and that there are very few people in the world who deserve to be handed a literal can of whoopass on a plate as our poverty queen does. Our media is a joke. Long live Chrismate

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 90