Jack Monroe #248 Let's face it, she's the Rachel Dolezal of poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thatcher comes back from the dead, sets up a Twitter account, tells Jack she's impressed with her "accidental" campaign.

@bootstrapcook: "Thanks Maggie, your support means a lot!! I was DELIGHTED when I saw you'd joined Twitter xx"
I've only once in my life has a private prescription . It was for an out of patent antifungal ( allergy Dr thought I had Candida in my gut a diagnosis that seems much less popular these days!) So fairly cheap common drug, it was £14.00 20 yrs ago. I can only guess what a controlled drug prescription costs, which may depending on the category need two Drs signatures and cannot be on automatic computerised repeat
I tried once when GP refused to help me with hormone stuff. I paid approx £99 for what turned out to be the same contraceptive pill I could have got for free at the family planning clinic.
And it made me even more batshit than I was without hormone support 😭

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Oh and thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I caught up on the Peeky Mink sock drama. It took up a whole evening!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
In fact, the effort her, her husband and her team put in to those early programmes just shows how little Jack knows about true cookery skills and what it takes to cook on television.
We watched the Delia Cookery Course from the 70s back in the lockdown and its no surprise she became such a legend. Calm, reassuring and authoritative, but, crucially, makes food sound exciting and tasty, rather than the endurance trial under pressure Jack makes the slop sound like

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
crucially, makes food sound exciting and tasty, rather than the endurance trial under pressure Jack makes the slop sound like
True. Jack’s food sounds worse than a bushtucker trial. Remember the prune butter, fish paste and black putting on toast?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Sorry I'm grunking, so I don't know where this will land, but WHY does she cook like she's never eaten anything before ever?

Beans, lentils, and assorted fridge gravel with cream cheese is not cassoulet? Why the duck is there cream cheese in it? What possible purpose does it serve?

I'm incensed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
True. Jack’s food sounds worse than a bushtucker trial. Remember the prune butter, fish paste and black putting on toast?
Where the blac n cheese squid ink/blood pud cheesy pasta? Did the bunglers trample it?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Sorry I'm grunking, so I don't know where this will land, but WHY does she cook like she's never eaten anything before ever?

Beans, lentils, and assorted fridge gravel with cream cheese is not cassoulet? Why the duck is there cream cheese in it? What possible purpose does it serve?

I'm incensed.
Assorted fridge gravel 🦉🍾

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Is anyone keeping track of all the various Jacks that have been exhumed by the media to accompany the articles linked to her? My absolute favourite is the kumquat where she looks like she hasn't slept since 1890. The burglars must have nicked her boxes of Transylvanian earth.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
That list is mainly food products a dietician would put in the eat occasionally and only if there‘s absolutely nothing else pile. So high fat, high salt and ultra processed. But then she includes new potatoes! So they (whoever her index is aimed at and I’m not sure) eat tinned pies and fruit but don’t you dare expect them to eat standard in season potatoes. 🙄
Maybe she meant tinned potatoes 🤢

Reactions: 10
Apologies in advance dear hearts but Jack is causing perpetual grunk mode on here.
So, I accidentally heard Jack (not paid her taxes for 2 years) Monroe on Radio 2 today.
When asked what percentage HER shopping had gone up over the past year she CLAIMED
it was about 40%

I'd like to see some of those forensic facts to back that little percentage up!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.