Jack Monroe #248 Let's face it, she's the Rachel Dolezal of poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At work I have a few spreadsheets, my equipment list runs to 48 double sided small font pages (I know cos I keep a paper copy in a ring binder for easy access when not at my laptop and if someone wants something in a hurry and they're not logged on), I've always had one, but my original one was before i had much access to IT and it was handwritten. It took so long to write up and keep up to date I have no idea how on earth she will do her index.

We all know that she won't deliver this, or most of the articles she has been commissioned for. It will just be a case of waiting for this to die down, and it will do as she hasn't got the stamina, or work ethic to complete what she has been commissioned for. She will spend all her time sharpening her pencils and making writing timetables on her wall paper.

After saying I don't shop at Tescos,I found a receipt from there in the car, I'd blown my nose on it when I ran out of tissues on my way to work. Shall I send that?

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Well I for one would welcome a picture of Jacks dinner because I hate it when adverts use an artists illustration rather than a proper photo. I mean , it gives the misleading impression it might be vaguely appealing !View attachment 1021146
What is that bottle?? Essential oil? Cordial? Hand soap? A love potion?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Give-me-cashoulet
Toooooo early, but so appropriate!

Jack and a Bic biro? Making a listy list of lists for her Vimes Diesel index.

Where are the army of willing, volunteer, number crunchin’ nerds?

As Delia would say ‘Where are ya?’.

Speaking of St Delia, she was the face of Sainsburys for years. Those mags are probably choc full of her recipes.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Toooooo early, but so appropriate!

Jack and a Bic biro? Making a listy list of lists for her Vimes Diesel index.

Where are the army of willing, volunteer, number crunchin’ nerds?

As Delia would say ‘Where are ya?’.

Speaking of St Delia, she was the face of Sainsburys for years. Those mags are probably choc full of her recipes.
She and her husband launched the magazine. Jack probably thinks Delia only did a few recipe books she is that clueless.

On one tonight peeps. Why on Earth would Jack need all the old Sainsburys mags. I mean, why? To get ideas for her new tit recipes?

Delia is a cut above. In fact, the effort her, her husband and her team put in to those early programmes just shows how little Jack knows about true cookery skills and what it takes to cook on television. She thinks anyone can do it, which they can’t. Jamie might not be everyone’s cup of tea but when he was “discovered”, he was working in one of the most reputable kitchens in London. The skills required of the producers and directors to make the first Naked Chef look so effortless were amazing.

Jack just messes around, laughing about cheap sausages and using non-secret ingredients.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Hi Jack,Vlad’s here to help if you need it. And for the love of Christ,please stop putting cream cheese in your horrific ‘dishes’.
Surely if you put cream cheese in an AF winey, chicken stocky mess, it will all separate and look curdled?

WTAF is she thinking of?

Doesn’t matter. Just realised WTAF is going on. Just Eat is what’s going on. She’s ordered Nando’s through Just Eat and all of this is performative shite.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Tory jack
I've only once in my life has a private prescription . It was for an out of patent antifungal ( allergy Dr thought I had Candida in my gut a diagnosis that seems much less popular these days!) So fairly cheap common drug, it was £14.00 20 yrs ago. I can only guess what a controlled drug prescription costs, which may depending on the category need two Drs signatures and cannot be on automatic computerised repeat

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Jack, looking for something new to misunderstand:
🤔 Hmm, I've done marauding and languishing, I've done the concept of a mullet and I've driven my inability to comprehend that 'Thankyou' is not a word right into the ground
💡Aha! Percentages! That's a good 'un, but it's not quite enough...
I know, I'll rile the entirety of the French population with a riff on a cassoulet which proves beyond doubt I don't actually know what specific dishes are, what they contain or how they are made. That'll do 😌

• Haha
Reactions: 40
My first thought with Jack and the magazines she probably thinks she can rip of and jackify some old recipes that aren't in any books or Google ?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
That handwritten list, I don't think I've ever bought a single thing from it (apart from mayo underlined). It reads like the sort of list my gran writes that led to me and my mum hunting round supermarkets during COVID debating whether they still actually sold sandwich paste.

Isn't this where the RPI has the edge* because it monitors what people actually buy (yes, including champagne and beds) and not just...1950s poverty cos-play? I'm sure this is part of her appeal to middle-aged, middle-class wankers, the belief people can cook themselves out of hard times with nothing but a can of spam and some tinned potatoes.

*Not the only edge, obviously
Her list reads as if the Luftwaffe are flying over Thorpe Bay as we speak.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.