Jack Monroe #248 Let's face it, she's the Rachel Dolezal of poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t post often but love having lols at you clever and funny ninnies- isn’t it so exasperating that no one sees through her tit ! I could feel my blood pressure inching up reading the threads this week and that’s without seeing any of the real world bullshit ! Lying gaslighting grifting bullying ! Not a nice person and I hope it’s starts to unravel

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Sorry I'm grunking, so I don't know where this will land, but WHY does she cook like she's never eaten anything before ever?

Beans, lentils, and assorted fridge gravel with cream cheese is not cassoulet? Why the duck is there cream cheese in it? What possible purpose does it serve?

I'm incensed.
The thing that annoys me the most is that she seems to make food with whatever she has to hand, nothing is planned because she is so maverick.

Surely the most important thing that you need to do when you are living on a shoe string budget is to pla every meal so that you get the best value, ingredients can be used umpteen ways and nothing goes to waste.

Making fishpaste and black pudding toast is not wacky, maverick and clever, it shows poor planning skills. She is not teaching the povs anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
The crassoulet really does sound like something you’d avoid stepping in outside a ‘spoons.

Remember Taylor Swift Obsessive Jack? I think she appeared the morning Folklore came out and then she was never seen again.

Am a bit worried about Mini. Remember she said she had 6 pieces of terrible news in one day? Either something bad has happened or Jack is purposely trying to make us think it has to duck with us.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Elizabeth David's description of Cassoulet, presented without further comment
IMG_20220128_074020_kindlephoto-357253803.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
This popped up on my homepage and I didn't realise it was Jack until I read the caption. Who is that???
The hair might change, and the make-up and the even the face (with the help of some handy editing). But it's in the stone cold eyes, staring down the camera in that unsettling manner - they never change.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I dreamed about her last night. She had a range of questionable desert items in Tesco where I was for some reason shopping and drinking at 4am (it had a pub ok?) and all her stuff had been reduced to like 3p and the shelves were overflowing and I made my wife wait so I could take photos of it for 'people on the internet'.

The packaging had her face all over it and the contents tasted of cardboard and fell apart.

Thank you for listening.

• Haha
Reactions: 59
I’ve had this programme Sort Your Life Out on in the background this morning. They put everything in your house on the floor in a massive warehouse, to highlight how much tit you have, and basically persuade you to bin or recycle/donate it all. Can you imagine how horrified they’d be at Jack’s pointless high-end multiples?? “Jackie, love. You have 85 lever-arch files full of hilarious bantz by a cabal of mithering ninnies…. it’s time to let go babes” cue tears and wobbly voice from Stacey, who’s own hypocritical piles of crap we will not mention, obvs.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Reminds me, as I think I've related before, that my mum once got quite annoyed with me and my dad because we started, intentionally a bit twattishly¹, calling everything from soup to any kind of stew "cassoulet", because she found the word pretentious.

¹that's not a word.
Just told Mrs TUIT that we're having Carrot and Coriander Cassoulet for lunch.
Her reply, 'Are we duck!'

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Sorry I'm grunking, so I don't know where this will land, but WHY does she cook like she's never eaten anything before ever?

Beans, lentils, and assorted fridge gravel with cream cheese is not cassoulet? Why the duck is there cream cheese in it? What possible purpose does it serve?

I'm incensed.
Just filling in my flatmate on this not-a-cassoulet drama.

Her response: Jack thinks (actual, not Jack abominations) recipes are just prisons for poor people

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Thatcher comes back from the dead, sets up a Twitter account, tells Jack she's impressed with her "accidental" campaign.

@bootstrapcook: "Thanks Maggie, your support means a lot!! I was DELIGHTED when I saw you'd joined Twitter xx"
Jack definitely thinks Thatcher had Girl Power.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
If never known anyone to centre themselves in activism so much. It's actually insane.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.