Jack Monroe #248 Let's face it, she's the Rachel Dolezal of poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First of all, that dish is a monstrosity and I can’t believe anyone would choose to show it off (although Jack fans are a special breed).
Secondly, strong hoarder vibes again from Jack with her asking for a pile of ancient supermarket magazines. It’s a genuinely life-ruining condition and gets worse with age, makes me truly worry for her a bit even though I very much dislike her. She has a (mostly...) lovely home rn but I’ve seen this illness take hold and it’s not pretty.
I am of Greek heritage, normal hair, normal arse; but I feel entitled to say *cries in Greek* at that ‘pastitsio’.
Also, unless squigs dead relative is Mr Sainsbury, why the duck would you keep them?! She’s going to pay £67 for them to be delivered isn’t she…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Available in store and online.
Yep. Just spotted it in Sainsbury's this am. Sorry no photo but I am old, and my generation doesn't routinely photograph what they are (or anyone else is) about to eat. Or indeed, what they are eating. How did that become a thing?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
That handwritten list, I don't think I've ever bought a single thing from it (apart from mayo underlined). It reads like the sort of list my gran writes that led to me and my mum hunting round supermarkets during COVID debating whether they still actually sold sandwich paste.

Isn't this where the RPI has the edge* because it monitors what people actually buy (yes, including champagne and beds) and not just...1950s poverty cos-play? I'm sure this is part of her appeal to middle-aged, middle-class wankers, the belief people can cook themselves out of hard times with nothing but a can of spam and some tinned potatoes.

*Not the only edge, obviously

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Still fannying around tweeting then.
I thought there was going to be radio silence while she cracked on with Vimeswahwah. There is not a mission she can present something viable and sensible in two weeks. Not a mission.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
It's truly making me nauseous watching the money roll in to line her pockets off the back of this.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
Biggest issue with the Vanilla Balloon Index is that she won't show her workings, so it'll be impossible to challenge when she says pasta has gone up from 12p for 5kg to £49 for 30g.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
Smol Frau here, had a smol break and now wondering what happened to smol boy? HE LEFT??? 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Vanilla Balloon Index. Questions.

1. Is the balloon vanilla coloured?
2. Is the balloon vanilla scented?
3. Are 1 and 2 both correct?
4. Is there a secret 4 that you intended?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.