Jack Monroe #245 Individual macro philanthropy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It made me angry then pitying.
Another example that this "campaign" supposedly on behalf of the poor is really about her own legend, her own delusion of grandeur.
And also kind of sad. How much validation she gets from that tweet.
Thing with Jack is she’s all extremes, things are the worst or the best thing that’s ever happened to her, so there’s no context to establish what she actually cares about. If a hero of mine tweeted me i’m not sure how i’d respond tbh but everything gets a similarly hyperbolic response from her.

With her age group I bet there are some pop culture people that would get a real reaction from her, but ‘Jack Monroe, poverty campaigner’ is such an all encompassing persona that there are no gaps in that plot armour for her to come out.

I have no doubt that to meet in person and to talk to she is nothing like she is on Twitter. She herself has said this, but seems blind to the fact that people appear to like her much better off it.

Reactions: 37
Ah but Jack is number one in Jack's heart. The rest of the world could burn for all she cares.

Reactions: 29
@anon12300 I think Poca's recap of thread #74 at the start of #75 is maybe a good place to start and potentially work back from? https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-75-peekaboo.9547/

Reactions: 29
I kind of feel like Slopbot should remain a neutral party but I am champagneing at the prospect of someone cutting her off at her arthritic knees.

Reactions: 92
She won’t even say the name Tattle on Twitter, imagine putting it on a court document…. Won’t happen…

Reactions: 58
I'm so happy that Slopbot has rolled in like a tank, crushing Jack's lies like an old blue Landrover.

Reactions: 50
Did we know Mark Lewis had been fined and his legal costs were crowdfunded? I'm not so sure now that he is a hot shot lawyer. Also he is Jewish and after Jack's embarrassing Jewish gaffes, I'm surprised he wants to be associated with her. Perhaps they are birds of a feather.

Reactions: 43
I was always under the assumption she donated this? I mean, she didn’t have to. I wouldn’t! I’d of been honest from the start and said I was keeping it!

Reactions: 24
Exactly. Dead people can’t/don’t riot. Nor do they buy supermarket goods.

I wonder if Jack is forensically cross indexing the followers of the Trifle Defender and Dresserman to make a tattle hitlist.
About as likely as her cross indexing the prices of rice in the past ten years....she’s gonna need a LOT more pens!

Reactions: 36
I was always under the assumption she donated this? I mean, she didn’t have to. I wouldn’t! I’d of been honest from the start and said I was keeping it!
She said she would, then admitted what she really did with it. She is a cold calculating person, no one should waste their time sympathising with a person who will take milk from babies, food from children and money from refugees. Never forget Grenfell either. She went there in order to further her image/agenda and benefit financially. It is not an empathetic human who does this. I'd rather trust my life (and savings) with a shark (mon the sharks who really need our help).

Reactions: 56
IIRC it was @Veronicaaa and her FBI skills that triangulated Peeky_Mink. There were quite a few things pointing to it being a Jack sock account:

1. It was active when Jack had gone quiet on her main.
2. Its profile picture (the eponymous mink) was something Jack had recently posted on her Facebook account under a cartoon filter.
3. The account followed/was followed by Louisa Compton and several of Jack's relatives.
4. Its bio gave its location as Edinburgh (one of Jack's many spiritual homes) and said something like "My other account is a Porsche. Probably not who you think I am."
5. As soon as receipts were posted here, tweets started getting deleted and the account was soon made private.

The whole thing was both bizarre and hilarious.

Reactions: 72
i googled this to see what you were referencing and came across this…same guy right? Alistair Campbell and this guy, what great company jack keeps

sorry if this has been posted before - it’s new to me!

Reactions: 62
Ya prune, Vlad! Not everything is interchangeable…

Also Vlad seems to be fighting back against the rug of nightmares with this ad…

Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.