Jack Monroe #245 Individual macro philanthropy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I the first to notice what our Jack usually loves a dresser of the Cotswold variety and now and actual dresser could be her undoing. Oh, the irony!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I have no interest in sifting through 1000s of inane tweets to find the most absurd, so THANK (space) YOU Mr Dresserman sir for doing it.

The squiggle who believes that supermarkets are actively trying to LOSE customers is a particular favourite.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Who is she suing now? I can't keep up?

Who is she suing now? I can't keep up?
One of these days she will sue herself by accident. The judge will pish themselves laughing. She cannot and will not sue us because all we are doing is sharing and critiquing what she herself has said. We have not falsified anything. Any conjecture is accompanied by compelling circumstantial evidence. She will subsequently convict herself out of her own mouth especially in the eyes of HMRC.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I've been thinking about this index she said she was going to create and wondering if she's been the victim of her own verbose grandiosity here. I wonder whether what she was going to spend the weekend writing up, was a selection of items The Poor are allowed (according to Jack it's not lamb or champagne) with a comparison as to how much they supposedly cost her ten years ago, according to The Receipts versus how much they cost now. She wrapped it up with her usual purple prose, it went viral and snowballed. People began assuming she was literally going to produce something to rival the CPI in terms of scope hence offers from people on Twitter to send her their work, volunteer their time to pull it together, people applauding her for doing something tangible etc. And, well, maybe she doesn't know how to get out of what has been assumed here. She herself said it would be a weekend's work (a long and complicated one according to her, and to be fair, even what I think she had planned would have taken some hours) but now...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
All of the squiggs trying to counter dresser man don’t seem to be familiar with his body of work. One particularly outlandish claim was that the supermarkets instruct them to put out the premium range first. He asked which supermarket and then the tweet got deleted.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I've been thinking about this index she said she was going to create and wondering if she's been the victim of her own verbose grandiosity here. I wonder whether what she was going to spend the weekend writing up, was a selection of items The Poor are allowed (according to Jack it's not lamb or champagne) with a comparison as to how much they supposedly cost her ten years ago, according to The Receipts versus how much they cost now. She wrapped it up with her usual purple prose, it went viral and snowballed. People began assuming she was literally going to produce something to rival the CPI in terms of scope hence offers from people on Twitter to send her their work, volunteer their time to pull it together, people applauding her for doing something tangible etc. And, well, maybe she doesn't know how to get out of what has been assumed here. She herself said it would be a weekend's work (a long and complicated one according to her, and to be fair, even what I think she had planned would have taken some hours) but now...
Yes, absolutely x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Also Kumbayaya Motherfuckers ended ne Silver. I think that is hands down the funniest thing I've ever read on here 🤣🤣 please somebody send these threads to Bruce Willis.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
I have no interest in sifting through 1000s of inane tweets to find the most absurd, so THANK (space) YOU Mr Dresserman sir for doing it.

The squiggle who believes that supermarkets are actively trying to LOSE customers is a particular favourite.
That one is genuinely amazing, like the supermarkets are actively conspiring in some sort of sinister plan to starve the poor to death. All big business cares about is the bottom line, I can't imagine any CEO getting upset because some of their profits came from an impoverished demographic.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
MARRY ME, MR DRESSER! 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍 I am feeling genuinely fizzy (no wrists involved) at this new development… it’s coming, fraus. We just need Dresserman, Rice Bag Man, and Economic Expert Man to form the Triad of Truth. Come on boys, we are all rooting for you!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
squig's reply to "what point?"

Screenshot_20220123-215437_Twitter.jpg

I am screaming at them trying to argue with him! they just cannot accept their top princess is wrong

I love him so much, I hope he doesn't turn out to be a milkshake duck

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 71
I promise he doesn't exist.

View attachment 1010634
I used to do this with chewing gum during school to stop my stomach embarrassingly growling. We weren't quite poor enough to qualify for FSM at the time but mum was a thrifty shopper who bought basic brands and I'd get bullied for having blue striped stuff at lunch (among other things). The changing of packaging to move away from that stigma is AMAZING.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 72
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.