Jack Monroe #245 Individual macro philanthropy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I suspect Jack may, at least on some level, recognise that she’s got completely out of her depth on this, in particular in light of the FT economics editor and the work that Steve Dresser is doing. She must realise that she cannot answer their questions and she’s been caught out. These are actual grownups with expertise in the field and they very much know what they’re talking about. Jack is simply nowhere near that level. Much of what they’ve said has gone right over her head.
The nauseating blue-tickers are either not very bright, or they haven’t actually considered the source of Jack’s claims and whether these hold water. They’re not serious people.
Also, there is hovering in the background the issue with her very late company accounts and taxes, the possibility that HMRC have stayed the strike-off of her company because they’re pursuing her for cash (VERY serious if this is the case), and her dishonesty about how much money she has. Publishing a screenshot of an account balance means nothing if you have other accounts, Patreon income, Netflix income etc, and what about that £30,000 she said she had in her account only a couple of weeks back?? Not to mention all the screenshots we hold here. Remember the Kickstarter fiasco? The business with that woman who donated her winter fuel allowance?? What about all those claims that she’s donated to charity?? We do - the receipts are all here, and Jack knows it. She won’t want to come under too much scrutiny.
I also suspect that her recovery may not be going that well.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 79
I'm as fond of my complicated notebooks and Muji pens as any bookish/writey Frau but I'm still having significant trouble reconciling the fire hazard that is Jack's receipt "archive" with the database and stats skills required to even sketch out this index for a grant proposal.

Nothing about those Jenga-esque piles of paperwork, envelopes and half filled jotters screams record keeping experience and Excel profiency.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
They're probably getting themselves confused with the endcap promotions stores always have. Nothing dodgy about them. I'm loving Dresserman too. So nice to see her being debunked in such a calm, educated way ♥

I'm not in the least bit religious, but always find God Jack one of her worst, most hypocritical iterations. She's so far from living a goodly life, it's just another excuse to behave like a sanctimonious twit. Surprised she hasn't joined Hillsong, they're all about the cash
Reading about Ioan and Alice, and his mum rescued him from a cultish church in London when he was at drama school I always imagine it was Hillsong! Mackie couldn’t commit to going every week

Reactions: 28
Why why why do people always want to do a package🤬 oh yeah we can just sell £20 boxes of basics for poors that include all the things WE think they should need. They could be like the free school lunch boxes!!!

Omg I’ve just realised twitter is talk radio but written down

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 81
Why why why do people always want to do a package🤬 oh yeah we can just sell £20 boxes of basics for poors that include all the things WE think they should need. They could be like the free school lunch boxes!!!

Omg I’ve just realised twitter is talk radio but written down
It would be near impossible. Allergies aside, everyone has a right to make dietary choices based on beliefs, be they religious or otherwise, and how could the boxes reflect that? For those with allergies and intolerances, how would you package them up appropriately? The whole idea is so flawed, it would be laughable if they weren't so serious.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
It’s disgusting, it “others” people who buy basic basics. As if the only people who do are “poor” erm I know people on 6 figures, they buy basics flour because why not? As if the “poor” are hanging around once a week with their £20 for food in a little brown envelope, cupboards are bare, what can we get this week. Erm more like they have a day off work so they’re grabbing some bits as a top up shop, kids want crisps, get some freezer items for busy days, and a bit of veg. Oh no, here’s a box of basics pasta and tin tomatoes and basic digestives (a treat!) some UHT milk and cornflakes. Again. Every week. Really grates my mushrooms.

• Heart
Reactions: 80
Have we seen that this is now his pinned tweet?

View attachment 1010487

I sometimes get carried away and put people on pedestals, but it’s just amazing to see someone who really knows his stuff go through Jack’s latest “project” and go, “nope, nope, wrong, not even close…”.
Go Dresserman!
My only slight issue with this is that Nigella, Hugh Grant etc have all moved on now. She’s had the attention and now Dresserman is coming back with the response that no one is arsed about because they didn’t actually care enough to begin with.

• Sad
Reactions: 60
Given how much she’s droned on about rice, it’s hardly ever in her recipes.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
"Rising Food Prices" is one of the lead stories on this morning's BBC Breakfast news.

Surely this must mean an appearance from the Pov Princess?

If not, she'll be raging.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Bbc breakfast tv - looks like a genuine comparison of food prices . No mention of JM.

Perhaps today might be a better day.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
I suspect Jack may, at least on some level, recognise that she’s got completely out of her depth on this, in particular in light of the FT economics editor and the work that Steve Dresser is doing. She must realise that she cannot answer their questions and she’s been caught out. These are actual grownups with expertise in the field and they very much know what they’re talking about. Jack is simply nowhere near that level. Much of what they’ve said has gone right over her head.
The nauseating blue-tickers are either not very bright, or they haven’t actually considered the source of Jack’s claims and whether these hold water. They’re not serious people.
Also, there is hovering in the background the issue with her very late company accounts and taxes, the possibility that HMRC have stayed the strike-off of her company because they’re pursuing her for cash (VERY serious if this is the case), and her dishonesty about how much money she has. Publishing a screenshot of an account balance means nothing if you have other accounts, Patreon income, Netflix income etc, and what about that £30,000 she said she had in her account only a couple of weeks back?? Not to mention all the screenshots we hold here. Remember the Kickstarter fiasco? The business with that woman who donated her winter fuel allowance?? What about all those claims that she’s donated to charity?? We do - the receipts are all here, and Jack knows it. She won’t want to come under too much scrutiny.
I also suspect that her recovery may not be going that well.
What recovery? Gone the same way as the part time job and the nutrition degree 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 30
It would be near impossible. Allergies aside, everyone has a right to make dietary choices based on beliefs, be they religious or otherwise, and how could the boxes reflect that? For those with allergies and intolerances, how would you package them up appropriately? The whole idea is so flawed, it would be laughable if they weren't so serious.
It could probably be done properly, and account for all those things with a choice of different boxes, but it would be one hell of a faff. And as has been said, it's taking aways peoples choice, which is at best a bit dodgy.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
What recovery? Gone the same way as the part time job and the nutrition degree 🙄
Yes, we’ve not heard a single thing about the nutrition degree have we? Just that Diva interview - not a peep since.
🤔

"Rising Food Prices" is one of the lead stories on this morning's BBC Breakfast news.

Surely this must mean an appearance from the Pov Princess?

If not, she'll be raging.
Personally I am hoping for an appearance on Question Time. 😈😇

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.