Jack Monroe #228 The winter of our fishcontent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t want to upset cat people or really just genuine considerate folk but leaving that bleeping kitten in a bathroom with a ‘housemate’ is just awful. Really awful. The poor thing will be terrified. Who would give a kitten to someone so self obsessed that they would F off the next day and shut it in a room with no sensory comfort and a massive Tom cat bristling outside? Jesus. I’m furious.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
Gosh, what a treat to grunk through all this after work. So much to unpack!

The kitten. Christ.

She's still hard at it with the Plastic Paddying, I see. It's not that she can't tap into or explore an Irish heritage, but couldn't she do it a bit less obnoxiously? Obviously her mum can be both Irish and from the North, so I don't think that stops Jack from genuinely having Irish heritage. But it's so exhaustingly superficial, isn't it?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
I’ve said this before when she last mentioned him but she can back the duck away from Denis Cotter and saying that he influenced her food writing is like a dagger to my heart.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I bet she's just going to buy some nice black clothes and pretend she's dyed them.

She has really annoyed me over the last couple of days - kitten, depression-crumbs and anti-vax sentiments.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Gosh, what a treat to grunk through all this after work. So much to unpack!

The kitten. Christ.

She's still hard at it with the Plastic Paddying, I see. It's not that she can't tap into or explore an Irish heritage, but couldn't she do it a bit less obnoxiously? Obviously her mum can be both Irish and from the North, so I don't think that stops Jack from genuinely having Irish heritage. But it's so exhaustingly superficial, isn't it?
She just wants to sound exotic.

Spoiler alert we are not.

It weirds me out how involved people get when they have any sort of Irish heritage.

I never actually celebrated st Paddy's Day till I spent the day outside NI. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Have we had Seasonal Affective Disorder Jack yet? Another thing to waste spend her money on, a SAD lamp.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I’m not here for the “so depressed” chat. Having depression is not something to aspire to, or be glamorised. It's not “wear black cus depressed”. There's always bloody something to complain about with Jack, and i’m so tired of hearing it.

Jack, funny thing, the more you complain about how tit your life is, the shitter it will be. Take a look at all you have for a change, and be grateful!

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Evening Cabal,
I have a 9 page grunk so just want to thank Father Slop Bot for my lovely grey sofa. Soz but not technical enough to put a picture up.
Such a thoughtful gift as I recover from surgery as a result of Arthritis.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Grunking,
but "today in (postnatal) depression" was several hours openly weeping for no real reason whilst bouncing, feeding and singing to a 4 month old baby and feeling anxious about getting a booster because a) the only centre coming up for me isn't accessible by public transport and I can't drive b) I'm scared it's going to knock me for six and I won't be able to look after said baby. (ps I'm fine but my husband has had to take a couple of days off work)
Are there any walk-in centres in your area? Are any local gps doing them?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
C52208BB-7B15-4173-8692-98E4CB9F7836.jpeg

The line from the poem is “and doesn’t suit me”, you tit.

I had my post moderated before for chat about SB’s dad and I’m not mad about it because I have no boundaries when it comes to gossip and need to be reigned in, but it’s worth bearing in mind when the David Baddiel doc airs. Yes, there are certain threads here which go way too far, they’re uncomfortable reading. But anything remotely speculative on Jack’s thread is nipped in the bud: literally everything we talk about is because she shared it, put it out there for the world to see. That alone should give her pause that maybe, just maybe, she is a victim of nobody but herself (of course, it won’t. She’s Queen Cluster Bee.)

• Heart
Reactions: 57
She just wants to sound exotic.

Spoiler alert we are not.

It weirds me out how involved people get when they have any sort of Irish heritage.

I never actually celebrated st Paddy's Day till I spent the day outside NI. 😂
Exactly! It's like her trip to Edinburgh all over again, only 900 times worse.

Reactions: 21
Black clothes = depression.

Wow, with deep psychological insights like that, you could write for Breakdown magazine. Have you tried dancing around your kitchen or clicking this affiliate link to buy some candles that will cure your depression?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
I like Jamie Oliver.

I think he's quite a good chef.

Just thought I would say this.
His recipes are actually very accessible and I would sooner buy a student his than Jack’s.
I’ve always found the recipes work as well, he may come across a bit of a tosser at times but his actual passion and dedication to good ingredients is there.

have to say I am breaking out the owl champagne at the George Michael lie…… given there is actual photographic evidence online of both of them 20 years ago it’s a bizarre claim!

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Yep, I think babydaddy is around as well. Hope he’s cooking for SB.

if she wants Irish recipes she should ask Clodagh, the nice chef with the gig on This Morning.
Who knows. May be it will even work out well.

Plus there is a massive shed to use as a cattery.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.