Jack Monroe #228 The winter of our fishcontent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Christ; this is once again the equivalent of an addict getting a new job/relationship/pet/place to live in the hope that THIS ONE will be ok/make them ok whilst struggling to care for themselves and what they already have.
I have said it before and I will say it again - JACK DOES NOT FOLLOW ANYTHING THROUGH. I will stand corrected on this but Jack doesn’t. Once anything loses its novelty, it’s gone:

• Heart
Reactions: 46
A male housemate???
Who has been daft enough?
Still explains the fact Our Jackie girl can now
afford the gaff, post LJC
Probably some poor bugger who is staying for a short while because he was drawn in by Jack's standing alone by the sea sadfishing nonsense.

Reactions: 22
Where could you get to? Is there a hospital? If you can get to a hospital easily (or any other place you can google the address of), just type in the postcode of the hospital and that will give you some more accessible options.

I felt a bit ropey after my second for a couple of days, which made work a bit of a drag, but the third (Pfizer), the only side effect was my arm was a bit sore from having 'x' ml of vaccine injected into the muscle. Even if you did feel rough, which I haven't heard anybody at work complain about, you can plan for a couple of days largely spent in bed - get some prepacked foods in, some paracetamol, some soft drinks and then you'll be fine to spend it mostly cuddling your lovely baby in the warm. ❤ It's certainly better than having to look after the lovely squidgy cuddly thing whilst having Covid, after all. Because then you'd be scared as well as unwell.
Thank you, I'll definitely get it booked asap, just annoyed at jack's excuses for not even having a second jab, whilst cosplaying depression. I had my second when he was just over a week old and couldn't be sure what was newborn tired and what was jab tired!!

• Heart
Reactions: 34
The sad dark Jack pic is so ridiculous. It's like, in a soap, when a wealthy character suddenly hits hard times and immediately starts wearing raggedy old brown cardis. I mean.....where did all their fancy clothes go?

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Grunking,
but "today in (postnatal) depression" was several hours openly weeping for no real reason whilst bouncing, feeding and singing to a 4 month old baby and feeling anxious about getting a booster because a) the only centre coming up for me isn't accessible by public transport and I can't drive b) I'm scared it's going to knock me for six and I won't be able to look after said baby. (ps I'm fine but my husband has had to take a couple of days off work)
Sending lots of love, not sure if you’re aware but there’s a sister thread called food & drink for general chit chat? This can be our every x00 thread reminder lol but pls feel free to join us here:

We’re not always on topic & don’t be intimidated by the title you don’t need fancy dinners to join in, just tell us ur fav biscuit x

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Surely she can just recycle a photo from this photoshoot.

View attachment 922370
The way she reduces MH conditions/illnesses (I am struggling to find the right word to encompass the three) like depression/ED/alcoholism to photos like this is abhorrent.

I am bored of writing the same tit on here. In a world where people are trying to make society understand the nuances and complexity of MH, she is actively working against this and doing so much damage.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Grunking,
but "today in (postnatal) depression" was several hours openly weeping for no real reason whilst bouncing, feeding and singing to a 4 month old baby and feeling anxious about getting a booster because a) the only centre coming up for me isn't accessible by public transport and I can't drive b) I'm scared it's going to knock me for six and I won't be able to look after said baby. (ps I'm fine but my husband has had to take a couple of days off work)
Sounds like a genuinely stressful time. It may sound patronising to say, and isn’t meant as such, but things will pick up. Take care

• Heart
Reactions: 29
The way she reduces MH conditions/illnesses (I am struggling to find the right word to encompass the three) like depression/ED/alcoholism to photos like this is abhorrent.

I am bored of writing the same tit on here. In a world where people are trying to make society understand the nuances and complexity of MH, she is actively working against this and doing so much damage.
She is the ministry of misinformation

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I really don't envy whoever has the task of writing the recap for the next thread! She's been unbelievable today. I mean, it's a given that she's annoying on Twitter but today has been absolutely off the scale.

It won't last, as you well know. There'll be a before/after pic in the new year, about how the colour has come back to her life after being dressed in black for so long 🎻
I'm going for the end of the week. Gratitude 🙏 Jack in bright, colourful clothes, with a caption about how she's finally found her smile again and is cooking for herself for the first time in forever, etc etc

• Haha
Reactions: 37

It's ridiculous as well. Not just because she has a mostly white cat and she's never worn black to the best of my knowledge in any other circumstance other than that fake before photo, but because black does not mean sad. It means professionally dressed in some jobs - in my case, when I'm teching or doing a formal gig. And for special nights out - when you've got pets, choosing to wear black at any time out of choice in any case, means you're at your best, as you need to get the fluff off, they have to be pristine clean, you have to be pristine clean and, depending upon your colouring and preferred presentation, in makeup to avoid looking washed out.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
20 years ago? 1978 truther. No tween goths.
She was too late for the 90’s grunge era, IF she ever had a goth phase, it's more likely that it would be firmly in the noughties emo era. She's the right age for Paramore, MCR, panic at the disco, fallout boy - yes i’m naming all the basic Kerrang playlist but let's be honest, she's not going to get anymore musically interesting than that.

Also she's never referenced it before, it's almost like she's picked up on the revival 15-20 years later....

Don't tell her Avril Lavigne has new music out, i’d rather not hear about her Sk8er phase! Lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.