Jack Monroe #228 The winter of our fishcontent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The way she reduces MH conditions/illnesses (I am struggling to find the right word to encompass the three) like depression/ED/alcoholism to photos like this is abhorrent.

I am bored of writing the same tit on here. In a world where people are trying to make society understand the nuances and complexity of MH, she is actively working against this and doing so much damage.
It’s almost too ridiculous to be true isn’t it?

“Look at how depressed I was here. You can tell I was in a bad way because I was wearing black from head to toe”.

It’s like she’s taken a five year old’s drawing of “feeling sad” and applied it to real life.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
She was too late for the 90’s grunge era, IF she ever had a goth phase, it's more likely that it would be firmly in the noughties emo era. She's the right age for Paramore, MCR, panic at the disco, fallout boy - yes i’m naming all the basic Kerrang playlist but let's be honest, she's not going to get anymore musically interesting than that.
Yeah, I think even Bright Eyes might be pushing it (although arguably their only actually Emo albums are Fevers And Mirrors and The People's Key, which was 2011, so a bit later than we're talking about. I suppose you could make an argument for Digital Ash In A Digital Urn too.), and I can't talk on that one because I only discovered them in 2016.

Reactions: 14
20 years ago? 1978 truther. No tween goths.
I thought I had trouble remembering the order of my life events, but my excuse is I've got twice as many years as Jack to put in chronological order.

The elastic on Jack's timeliness is as saggy as that on her bra.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
She was too late for the 90’s grunge era, IF she ever had a goth phase, it's more likely that it would be firmly in the noughties emo era. She's the right age for Paramore, MCR, panic at the disco, fallout boy - yes i’m naming all the basic Kerrang playlist but let's be honest, she's not going to get anymore musically interesting than that.
Don't say that. It'll mean we get Rockabilly Jack in about a year's time, going 'Who remembers Hell Bunny and Blue Banana? Wasn't it a shame that Lindy Bop closed down and here are my brand new leopardprint tattoos across my shoulders that I've had forever when a friend did them for me'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I made a Christmas “hamper” for the local foodbank, do you know who I’ve told so far? My partner and I mentioned it to a friend as a “did you want to do one of these.” Well and you lot now but only to show that most people just donate stuff and move on. Does she want a medal? A parade? A certificate in her honour for palming off some tinned fruit that she didn’t even bleeping pay for!? Sorry for swearing but every time she opens her trap she manages to wind me up more and more

• Heart
Reactions: 38
And while I'm at it, Fevers and Mirrors would actually make a decent thread title.

Although from that album you also have Haligh, Haligh, A lie, Haligh.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Don't say that. It'll mean we get Rockabilly Jack in about a year's time, going 'Who remembers Hell Bunny and Blue Banana? Wasn't it a shame that Lindy Bop closed down and here are my brand new leopardprint tattoos across my shoulders that I've had forever when a friend did them for me'.
I feel like we’re from the same place 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Sending lots of love, not sure if you’re aware but there’s a sister thread called food & drink for general chit chat? This can be our every x00 thread reminder lol but pls feel free to join us here:

We’re not always on topic & don’t be intimidated by the title you don’t need fancy dinners to join in, just tell us ur fav biscuit x
All welcome to join in, and it’s “off topic” so any and everything is discussed, with bonus recipes (and pets)
Wish I’d nommed @DHOTY as a thread title

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
whoa, what a grunk that was! my brain feels fried

and no jack, ant and dec haven't turned anything relating to our bleep of a PM into a jolly jape. that's been the bbc's job for the last decade

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I was too late for grunge and I’m 40. I was more Britpop era, which came straight afterwards.

Anyway, no need to over-analyse because we know she’s straight up lying. She never had a goth phase. Lying to her audience on Twitter is like breathing to Jack. When she’s high on engagement she’ll breathlessly agree with whatever a squig says to her.

Reactions: 23
New thread while it’s quiet ⬇⬇⬇

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
When she would have been 12/13? She’s too late for the 90s and too early for the fairly short lived greb/emo scene of circa 2005/6ish which if she is 33 as she claims to be she would be at peak for at the end of secondary/ start of 6th form. I’m sure we’ve seen pictures of her as a teen and she looked … ordinary?

im going to have to put my phone on charge in the hallway if she carries on, she’s really grating my mushrooms today, she really does think she can say whatever she wants and everyone’s just going to go along with it.

Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.