Jack Monroe #228 The winter of our fishcontent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title courtesy of @OwlRightsReserved, nominated by many. Your prize is some lovely beans and mandarins that I have been fermenting for months in anticipation of making a warming winter salad.

New readers will find the Wiki (pink button) useful. Thread title suggestions only in the latter half of the thread (post #500 onward). No swearing is allowed in thread titles.

Someone else please do a recap, I'm in a fugue state.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 81
This may be my favourite thread title. Thank you TS for the new thread. What a to do cabal. Are the squiggles turning? We can but hope.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I was waiting for it to tick over to post the new thread so had a recap ready -

Where to start? Guess who’s back? Back again. Jack is back, tell a friend. Guess who’s back, guess who’s back, guess who’s back. Ner ner ner.

Jack said something truly horrific about the child of the PM. Is that Carly Rae Jepsen on the radio? Anyone interested in the new Avengers franchise? Whoa! Calm down, we’ve not travelled through time, it’s a different one. Shame. On. Her.

Spoiling for a fight after a grudging deletion, she then snapped at a squiggle who questioned her about her fish consumption. Jack? Eat a fish? ChefA Jack Munroe? How very dare they. A good old fashioned chaos ensued, breadcrumbs were dropped and Special Agent Coopsy was deployed. We can only wait to see what happens now. Safe to say that Jack’s raging addiction to SM and dopamine is back. 😔

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 80
As mentioned before about highbrow commments and posts.

That's the thing from what I can see we are all well educated, articulate fraus and she's bitter that she doesn't understand half of what we talk and that makes her mad.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Thanks for the new thread.
I really hope this stops the tinned fish era Jack for a while. I’ve read the word fish so many times recently it doesn’t look real

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
And she invented crispy fried tinned crab (suspect it tastes like chewing greasy plastic bags).

Also the stuff about the Bristol Stool Chart turd pudding funding.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
And the strike off notice!

And the autumn tree photos in carefully selected frames seem to not have been posted out (who would have predicted this!?)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
This may be my favourite thread title. Thank you TS for the new thread. What a to do cabal. Are the squiggles turning? We can but hope.
"Why you sob? Russell Hobb" and "Hold my hoverboard Lou, the squigs are dying to see my new PJs" are my favourites, but this is pretty close.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
I was waiting for it to tick over to post the new thread so had a recap ready -

Where to start? Guess who’s back? Back again. Jack is back, tell a friend. Guess who’s back, guess who’s back, guess who’s back. Ner ner ner.

Jack said something truly horrific about the child of the PM. Is that Carly Rae Jepsen on the radio? Anyone interested in the new Avengers franchise? Whoa! Calm down, we’ve not travelled through time, it’s a different one. Shame. On. Her.

Spoiling for a fight after a grudging deletion, she then snapped at a squiggle who questioned her about her fish consumption. Jack? Eat a fish? ChefA Jack Munroe? How very dare they. A good old fashioned chaos ensued, breadcrumbs were dropped and Special Agent Coopsy was deployed. We can only wait to see what happens now. Safe to say that Jack’s raging addiction to SM and dopamine is back. 😔
Thank you for the new thread @traumatised sideboard !

And thank you for the recap @Silver Linings ! Is it ok to add that in the last thread you probably broke a world record with the fastest ever screenshot, at 0 seconds after it was posted?

I love this thread title @OwlRightsReserved , partly because Jack will find it just ghastly.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
As a slight aside, afore bed, my friend who is a current foodbank user, got a Fray Bentos pie-in-a-tin, but the accommodation they're in has no cooker so.. they did it in the George Formby grill and it was ...fine!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Anyone else think she could actually potentially have mercury poisoning but be too busy raging against the world to consider it seriously?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Anyone else think she could actually potentially have mercury poisoning but be too busy raging against the world to consider it seriously?
I really think she's 'relapsed' her sobriety.

Maybe SB told her he wants a normal Christmas, with roast taters, at his dads. Smol Pixie spiralling ensues...

(Conjecture, m'lud)

• Sad
Reactions: 35
Sometimes I think she's a very effective vegan advocate. She's put everyone off fish. Swim freely, little scaly friends. Swim away.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Maybe SB told her he wants a normal Christmas, with roast taters, at his dads. Smol Pixie spiralling ensues...

(Conjecture, m'lud)
This scene has just played in my brain I can just picture Jack going all Gollum when SB dared ask for a couple of roasties on Christmas Day

• Haha
Reactions: 36
See, I have a hard time believing that Jack eats any of what she shows or claims to eat. I think it gets scraped into Coopsie m8's dish and she orders takeaways, has good quality ready meals, or goes to her mas

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I really think she's 'relapsed' her sobriety.

(Conjecture, m'lud)
There’s definitely ”something” going on. I think it could be that it’s just her true nasty-self showing through. And I think that her breadcrumbing yesterday, about depression, and worse, was nothing but manipulation, basically @traumatised sideboard ‘s Excuses Bingo.

I know therapy and rehab doesn’t (and shouldn’) turn anyone into a different person, but I honestly find it so strange that months of intense support hasn’t seemed to have helped. And I know these things don‘t happen overnight, but still.

It’s also just a bit frustrating. There are a few of us here who rely on the NHS for help for mental health and/or addiction problems, and would jump at the chance for that much help and support, and would put everything into it to get the most out of it. (I’ve now rambled so much I don’t know if I’m making sense, sorry).

In other news, Ruby Tandoh hadn’t followed Jack back (which might not be that deep, and that she just had more to her life than Twitter), but she does follow Trifley D.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 75
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.