Jack Monroe #228 The winter of our fishcontent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just dropping in with a quick reminder that this is a thread about Jack. Yes, peripheral characters in her life will be discussed objectively, as is natural, but it is not acceptable to post any negative detail about or share any screenshots of social media of anyone who is not in the public eye.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I'm fully caught up and I am tripping balls on mainlined unadulterated pure Jack o_O I need to turn off the big light and lay down in a quiet room. Don't dye all your clothes darling, you were only just deciding to be your real and true self with those appalling leggings!
Mind you, I wont be sorry to see the back of Denim Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Grunking,
but "today in (postnatal) depression" was several hours openly weeping for no real reason whilst bouncing, feeding and singing to a 4 month old baby and feeling anxious about getting a booster because a) the only centre coming up for me isn't accessible by public transport and I can't drive b) I'm scared it's going to knock me for six and I won't be able to look after said baby. (ps I'm fine but my husband has had to take a couple of days off work)
Where could you get to? Is there a hospital? If you can get to a hospital easily (or any other place you can google the address of), just type in the postcode of the hospital and that will give you some more accessible options.

I felt a bit ropey after my second for a couple of days, which made work a bit of a drag, but the third (Pfizer), the only side effect was my arm was a bit sore from having 'x' ml of vaccine injected into the muscle. Even if you did feel rough, which I haven't heard anybody at work complain about, you can plan for a couple of days largely spent in bed - get some prepacked foods in, some paracetamol, some soft drinks and then you'll be fine to spend it mostly cuddling your lovely baby in the warm. ❤ It's certainly better than having to look after the lovely squidgy cuddly thing whilst having Covid, after all. Because then you'd be scared as well as unwell.

• Heart
Grunking,
but "today in (postnatal) depression" was several hours openly weeping for no real reason whilst bouncing, feeding and singing to a 4 month old baby and feeling anxious about getting a booster because a) the only centre coming up for me isn't accessible by public transport and I can't drive b) I'm scared it's going to knock me for six and I won't be able to look after said baby. (ps I'm fine but my husband has had to take a couple of days off work)
PND is utter shite I hope you feel supported and that you can get help.

• Heart
I'm such a fecking Capricorn I know, but I genuinely don't understand how she is so blasé about her work commitments. I mean, just haplessly posting all this nonsense after she's said that those ominous tree pics would be on her site at the weekend, less than 2 weeks before Christmas. I couldn't show my face on social media if I know someone's owed work by me. Whcih, tbf, they never are because I'm anal about deadlines. I'm just a ball of anxiety, clearly, but I can't get my head around it. The utter gall of her, the sheer contempt she shows to people who are wanting to support her in her endeavours.
Same, babe.

It’s even more insane when you consider how she’s had 10+ months of sustained decline in Patreon subs and is approaching a 50% annual churn rate. It’s impossible to buy good will & she’s exhausting her captive audience, those people will not be replaced…!

ALSO (yes hello again anxiety) I haven't taken public transport at all in the past couple of years. I've barely been outwith a 1 mile radius of my house. I get worried about going to Morrisons every second week ffs. And she's been gallivanting around London this whole time, having had one jab, and is complaining about the *other people* she has to share a carriage with. HOW DARE SHE!! God I have to calm down, I need to take the dog out and if I'm all wound up then so is he.

Another same, babe. Literally live and work (remotely) here and have gone into central once this entire pandemic. My LO who was born here has never been into central.

West Ham is also a v busy station and the people she’s judging will likely be key workers who’ve commuted for the whole pandemic so you can forgive them for tiring of it all. She’s such a snobby cow!

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Mind you, I wont be sorry to see the back of Denim Jack.
It won't last, as you well know. There'll be a before/after pic in the new year, about how the colour has come back to her life after being dressed in black for so long 🎻

• Haha
Where could you get to? Is there a hospital? If you can get to a hospital easily (or any other place you can google the address of), just type in the postcode of the hospital and that will give you some more accessible options.

I felt a bit ropey after my second for a couple of days, which made work a bit of a drag, but the third (Pfizer), the only side effect was my arm was a bit sore from having 'x' ml of vaccine injected into the muscle. Even if you did feel rough, which I haven't heard anybody at work complain about, you can plan for a couple of days largely spent in bed - get some prepacked foods in, some paracetamol, some soft drinks and then you'll be fine to spend it mostly cuddling your lovely baby in the warm. ❤ It's certainly better than having to look after the lovely squidgy cuddly thing whilst having Covid, after all. Because then you'd be scared as well as unwell.
I had very odd reaction to my third (Pfizer), sat up early morning and liquid gushed from my nose, this continued everytime I became vertical or bent over. It lasted 24 hrs, bizarre

• Wow
Reactions: 27
I thought we had seen a lumie lamp thing.
Yup. The clock radio. Does exactly the same thing without needing to buy another one. All you have to do is not have the bleeping big light on all night and then set it to come on to level 5 brightness in the morning and it gives you all you need to get up and out of the house into darkness in my case because I work daylight. Then you put it on a slow dim at night and it assists you with going to sleep.

Having said that, I've also got a twenty quid SAD light at work - but that's because I'm in a windowless office with a suspended ceiling cutting out 97% of the daylight that is supposed to come through the skylight. It gets switched on when it's pissing down and I don't fancy going to stand outside for more than ten minutes at lunchtime or when I'm working until 10pm, so haven't actually seen daylight all day.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
That poor kitten's eyes look like they're still a bit blue, so I doubt she is 12 weeks. Also looks like the third eyelid is showing in the left eye. She doesn't look healthy to me.😇😢😢
So gauche of me to quote myself, just wanted to say I didn't have my glasses on and the 'angel' emoji was a slip of the finger I didn't notice, until it was too late to edit.

Also, apologies if I've ever done it before without realising and responded with an 😠 emoji when I meant a 💗 (I only ever mean to use the 😠 face for Jack and her shenanigans) or an inappropriate 😃 when I meant to use 😞).

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Grunking,
I know 100% how you feel. Please believe that you will feel better again. It sounds like the logistics of the booster are tricky at the moment. Can you hand responsibility over to someone else for this? Your husband or a friend? Give them your details, and ask them to book at a time where they can take you and the baby? I'd do this for anyone in a heartbeat. I've just gad my booster. Had quite a reaction to my first vaccine, but just a very sore arm now. Hope life is better in the morning.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I had very odd reaction to my third (Pfizer), sat up early morning and liquid gushed from my nose, this continued everytime I became vertical or bent over. It lasted 24 hrs, bizarre
Oh, that's exactly what happened to me when I had Covid when I felt my worst - only one night, I think that it was a random reaction to infection/wanting to get the virus out. As though it wanted to produce snot but got a little over excited. It led to my spending the following nights hugging a pillow on my front.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.