Jack Monroe #228 The winter of our fishcontent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi Cabal, got many,many pages to catch up on. See Jack hasn’t worked through her addiction then.
I’ve got a temp Christmas job, helping out a friend. I haven’t worked since I retired.Bloody hell its tiring. No wonder Jack doesn’t do it. Back when I’m back in real time.
I know everyone thinks Nigella is mum, but you are mum to me. Hope you get back to retirement soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
A male housemate???
Who has been daft enough?
Still explains the fact Our Jackie girl can now
afford the gaff, post LJC

Reactions: 27
Think she’s suggesting maybe, with that massive delusion of grandeur that she tries and fails so pitifully to disguise with the falsest of false modesty, that she is on a par with Oliver in the cooking department…

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Black clothes = depression.

Wow, with deep psychological insights like that, you could write for Breakdown magazine. Have you tried dancing around your kitchen or clicking this affiliate link to buy some candles that will cure your depression?
Screenshot_20211213-183544_Chrome.jpg

No, but I've just read this insightful article then popped a couple of forward rolls across the lounge and I think my bipolar has sorted itself right out.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
have to say I am breaking out the owl champagne at the George Michael lie…… given there is actual photographic evidence online of both of them 20 years ago it’s a bizarre claim!
Greeks is Greeks.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
As annoying as she is, anything that puts food in a food bank can't be entirely a bad thing.

Unless it's tinned prunes. No one wants tinned prunes.

Do I buy that she got recognised and tagged on twitter entirely by the food bank without her input though while she was 'quietly getting on with it'

Not a jot. She'll have barged in there with those crates like "out of the way povvos, bootstrap cook coming through!"
Don't know about you, but so far I've managed to donate to various causes and foodbanks entirely anonymously.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
ljc, got 20 pages to grunk, but need to send my thanks to our benevolent bot for my teething necklace. it's just my colours! pink to match my hair and everything!

20211213_184009.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I'm fully caught up and I am tripping balls on mainlined unadulterated pure Jack o_O I need to turn off the big light and lay down in a quiet room. Don't dye all your clothes darling, you were only just deciding to be your real and true self with those appalling leggings!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
None more “I’m 14 and this is deep”.
Much like the lyrics to that Bright Eyes song I posted just now

"and language just happened / it was never planned / and it's inadequate / to describe where I am / in the room of my house / where the light's never been / waiting for this day to end"

I mean, I love it, but I have a thing for pretentious nonsense, and quite happily admit that it is, in fact, pretentious nonsense.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Are there any walk-in centres in your area? Are any local gps doing them?
My GP was one last time, so I'm hoping they will be again. There'll be a way around it - hubby drives, so just need to work out logistics but brain isn't in prime problem solving mode today.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Depression cosplay. I have seen it all now.
I bet I haven't. Jack always somehow gets worse.

Reactions: 36
The deadest cat of all: a live cat. I'm not even going to dignify it with a discussion. In fact I only came here to say that as it is a fortnight until Slopmas and because you have been a very good cabal after her outrageous behaviour this last week, I have stocked a puddle full of gifts for you all in Slopbot's grotto 🤖 ❤ There should be enough for all the regular posters if no badgers ransack the puddle. Merry Slopmas darlings.

View attachment 920728
BEST SLOPMAS EVER! Thank space you Slopbot xxx
2621F69D-B83F-4F1F-AAC6-7DEEA306079A.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
A male housemate???
Who has been daft enough?
Still explains the fact Our Jackie girl can now
afford the gaff, post LJC
Better question is whether Jack's baking him a cake, given previous pronouncements on who they do or don't do that for...

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Black and yellow. Like a Wasp Spider?

Niiice.

Bollocks Bollocks and more bollocks. There is NO reason why she could have missed getting vaccinated. If she wasn't near the GP, she could have booked into a vaccination hub near to whatever holiday let she was nearest (aparthotel, girlfriend's flat, caravan park, whatever). All you needed to do was go onto the NHS site and enter the postcode for where you were rather than your home address and it was sorted. I did that for my 3rd primary last month, as I was going to be at the big hospital anyway, so figured I'd kill two birds with one stone before going to work. Even Mr D who comes from a family of morons antivaxxers had his almost immediately they were available to him, even though he's slim, fit and healthy. And his booster is this Friday. As far as I am concerned, she's an antivaxxer/says I'm speshul and there's fertility to think about bullshit on Mumsnet who, if she's finally had her first jab, is doing it purely so that somebody can take her on holiday.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.