Jack Monroe #227 Between major and priest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s hard to tell if the No10 lockdown party is pushing down the Afghanistan evacuation debacle or vice versa, which means there’s some other tit were not hearing anything about like dodgy contracts being awarded.
These tactics have been happening much more frequently through the pandemic. Should always question why some stories get blown up in the media, and some attract barely a whisper... 🧐

Reactions: 31
Only a person with no experience of dictatorship would call the British government dictators.

Only a person with no tastebuds would make yesterday's 3 Slops A Day (yes, I am assuming that the unphotographed chocolate & prune breakfast was sloppy. Prove me wrong, Jack).

14 ingredients in that pasta dish - why? Why use onion AND leek? What the duck is the paprika doing in there? Where does the stock cube go? So many questions...
how do you make mustardy leeks in a pasta dish? and where is the mustard on the recipe list? these questions were swirling in my head last night

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I was thinking more along the lines of the Nationality and Borders Bill which got passed very quietly yesterday, if I understand correctly.
Yes - also the the Police, Crime and Sentencing Bill which seems to be going through. Our rights to peacefully protest under threat if deemed a nuisance. Also taking away the right to protest around Westminster if vehicular access is compromised (which is so open to interpretation), also they want to increase the police's right to stop and search individuals.
We seem to be sleepwalking into basic human rights being eroded.
So Jack's indignance at a party a year ago really is quite misplaced.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
The îrony being that Jack’s low grade political cold-take on everything is a massive “look over there, don’t look at my two storey bungalow full of designer clothing, Cotswold sideboards and hoarded goods when there are naughty bad Tories doing things, also help me I’m poor”

Yes - also the the Police, Crime and Sentencing Bill which seems to be going through. Our rights to peacefully protest under threat if deemed a nuisance. Also taking away the right to protest around Westminster if vehicular access is compromised (which is so open to interpretation), also they want to increase the police's right to stop and search individuals.
But but...the Tories are against lockdowns, they wouldn’t limit our freedoms????
My kind of direct activism/protest was whoever filmed themselves playing Beastie Boys “fight for your right to Party” at the gates of Downing St the other night

• Haha
Reactions: 41
thank you! By going for the low-hanging fruit Jack is contributing to this massive distraction performance but is too stupid to realise it.

Has Jack ever even been to a protest? If she had there would doubtless be one million photos to prove it.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
The “Christmas” party oh Jack that so does not work at alllllllll

Carrie Johnson has really done the party proud by birthing another Johnson child today so everyone has to lay off him (apart from the whole “isn’t that the 9th kid” stuff)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Screenshot 2021-12-09 at 11.41.00.png

Wtf is her problem?? their new healthy dead cat.

I hate Boris as much as any self-respecting Scottish person, but FFS, it's not the child's fault!

ETA: @Marmalade Atkins I'm in awe of your screenshotting speed. Fastest fingers in the West.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 62
Jesus Mary and Joseph, after what she said about the Cameron family she’s too close to the wind with “whatever” that is supposed to mean. Hope she gets cancelled.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
I’m really sorry for saying this, but her tweets make no sense to me anymore.

She tries to pack too much into the character limit and I really have no idea what point she is trying to put across.

Maybe my brain is fried from too much SS/RHONY/2.25 years of 😔 but I’m lost.

(Agree with what everyone above is saying wrt diversionary tactics)

• Heart
Reactions: 35
If I were her, I'd steer well clear of posting ~anything~ about the babies of prime ministers, and that's before we even get to the use of the word "dead".

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 93
I’m really sorry for saying this, but her tweets make no sense to me anymore.

She tries to pack too much into the character limit and I really have no idea what point she is trying to put across.

Maybe my brain is fried from too much SS/RHONY/2.25 years of 😔 but I’m lost.

(Agree with what everyone above is saying wrt diversionary tactics)
Maybe she's read here and has completely misunderstood? The dead cat is what SHE was doing with the Christmas party stuff.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.