Jack Monroe #227 Between major and priest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thought of her sitting upstairs in her bungalow, in bed wearing her only pair of sweaty deathly-ill-but-not-COVID flooflebot plagiarism pyjamas with a hunk of bespoke artisan soft cheese in her hand that she periodically gnaws from is making me feel ill.
With the big light on.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
She’s self employed, guess she gets to sack herself!

Trouble is her ears are usually the first to disappear in her facetune frenzy, she’d have no where to hang them
Floating cheese...

Also would boursin have a similar texture to a banana as to an apple. I certainly wouldn't waste it mixed into pasta. I would just spread it lovingly onto crusty bread.

Reactions: 24
I know nothing about tax stuff but is it normal for so many companies to be registered at one address?
May well have already been answered, but yes. Quite a lot of companies use their accountants office as their registered address.

Reactions: 14
Her sex toy drawer is of no concern to her accountant anyway - unless she is in that line of work - and then there would probably
be a question of dual purpose. It’s always been a really strange thing for her to mention. Jack is the worst kind of client - disorganised, entitled, rude, doesn’t like to pay, and leaves everything to the last minute. A big fat zero on the Vanelope scale of client behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Only a person with no experience of dictatorship would call the British government dictators.

Only a person with no tastebuds would make yesterday's 3 Slops A Day (yes, I am assuming that the unphotographed chocolate & prune breakfast was sloppy. Prove me wrong, Jack).

14 ingredients in that pasta dish - why? Why use onion AND leek? What the duck is the paprika doing in there? Where does the stock cube go? So many questions...

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Only a person with no experience of dictatorship would call the British government dictators.

Only a person with no tastebuds would make yesterday's 3 Slops A Day (yes, I am assuming that the unphotographed chocolate & prune breakfast was sloppy. Prove me wrong, Jack).

14 ingredients in that pasta dish - why? Why use onion AND leek? What the duck is the paprika doing in there? Where does the stock cube go? So many questions...
None of which will ever be answered

• Haha
Reactions: 20
a big issue with UK politics as I see it is the first past the post system, which is an all or nothing approach that gives a majority most of the time, but leaves an awful lot of wasted votes in safe seats. If we had a proportional representation system there would be an awful lot more parties with members in the House of Commons. To get a majority we would then need to have a coalition. Everyone seems to really hate the coalition government that we had that one time because politics cannot have compromises any more. It’s all about extremes. I would welcome more compromising and discussion needed by a coalition. So until we get proportional representation, there is no need to compromise as at the moment the conservatives have a large majority no matter what they do.

Reactions: 32
a big issue with UK politics as I see it is the first past the post system, which is an all or nothing approach that gives a majority most of the time, but leaves an awful lot of wasted votes in safe seats. If we had a proportional representation system there would be an awful lot more parties with members in the House of Commons. To get a majority we would then need to have a coalition. Everyone seems to really hate the coalition government that we had that one time because politics cannot have compromises any more. It’s all about extremes. I would welcome more compromising and discussion needed by a coalition. So until we get proportional representation, there is no need to compromise as at the moment the conservatives have a large majority no matter what they do.
The issue, obviously, is that no party that wins a majority with First Past The Post is going to change it. See Labour in 1997¹, who relegated it from a manifesto pledge to commissioning a report on it, which they largely ignored. Personally my preference would be for a system like the Scottish Parliament uses, and then have the House of Lords replaced with a (mostly²) elected chamber based on regional open lists.

I could talk about politics all day, and frequently do on other forums!

¹Ironically, given the above conversation about Jack's "I was only 9" business. I was 11 and paid some amount of attention to Blair, even at the time, but then I've been a politics geek for a long time...

²I'd include say 20 seats for appointed experts for each government department, plus - although I disagree with an established Church - you probably have to leave the two Archbishops there until you can remedy that, which is easier said than done.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I cannot agree with this more. Once again it shows her complete lack of knowledge around politics and complete ignorance to her own privilege.

Yes, we are living in a country run by fools, but fools, not dictators. We are not ruled by individuals who punish others if they happen to fall in love with someone of the same sex, or if they support a different political party, or if they make an accusation against a high ranking official.

She needs to remember that. The country is in a mess admittedly, but shouting non-truths is really not adding to the conversation.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Jack's like I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE TRYING TO MAKE ME PAY MY TAXES, WHAT KIND OF TINFOIL DICTATORSHIP ARE WE LIVING IN???? HNNNNGGGGGHHH.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Where are the prunes and oats?

Done being angry for the next 6 minutes, she promised there would be a picture this morning given she was snaffling them again.

So… where are they?

• Sad
Reactions: 24
Yes Jack’s 6th form politics society approach of calling people names and trying to come up with headline/hashtag sound bites (thunderclap for carers being the low point, until tinfoil dictator) it really just socially acceptable bullying.
It’s really true that there needs to be better conversations about different political viewpoints, better cross party working and visibility effectively the work of the Jo Cox foundation - demonizing “the other side” is fine to a point, but MPs shouldn’t be living with casual threats of riots from dickheads like Jack on their “stupidly large platform”

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Yes Jack’s 6th form politics society approach of calling people names and trying to come up with headline/hashtag sound bites (thunderclap for carers being the low point, until tinfoil dictator) it really just socially acceptable bullying.
It’s really true that there needs to be better conversations about different political viewpoints, better cross party working and visibility effectively the work of the Jo Cox foundation - demonizing “the other side” is fine to a point, but MPs shouldn’t be living with casual threats of riots from dickheads like Jack on their “stupidly large platform”
The politics society at the last school I taught at that had a sixth form could argue better than Jack. She is around Y9 level in my opinion.

• Haha
My issue with all the alleged political experts making these performative noises about their anger at the tories for the Christmas party story is that it's so obviously a diversionary tactic to cover some other egregious (sorry!) tit they're pushing through. So at best they're just completely clueless but at worst they're actively and knowingly participating in the ol' dead cat strategy.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
My issue with all the alleged political experts making these performative noises about their anger at the tories for the Christmas party story is that it's so obviously a diversionary tactic to cover some other egregious (sorry!) tit they're pushing through. So at best they're just completely clueless but at worst they're actively and knowingly participating in the ol' dead cat strategy.
It’s hard to tell if the No10 lockdown party is pushing down the Afghanistan evacuation debacle or vice versa, which means there’s some other tit were not hearing anything about like dodgy contracts being awarded.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
It’s hard to tell if the No10 lockdown party is pushing down the Afghanistan evacuation debacle or vice versa, which means there’s some other tit were not hearing anything about like dodgy contracts being awarded.
I was thinking more along the lines of the Nationality and Borders Bill which got passed very quietly yesterday, if I understand correctly.

• Wow
  • Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.