Jack Monroe #216 What a life. What a strange, glorious, unimaginable life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve not read it yet, so I can’t really add anything in terms of the article. But I just want to say, please don’t feel too guilty. That goes for all everyone else too.

Like pretty much everyone here, you seem like a really decent person, I really like all you ninnies, and while it’s always good to reflect on things, I don’t like seeing people needlessly feel bad.

So, if you want it …

I really do love the Fraus, but it's never nice having a mirror held up to reflect bad behaviour. Yes, Jack needn't have come and read any of this, but she did, and it hurt her feelings, and made her addiction problems worsen. It sort of pops your bubble if that makes sense?
Ah right thanks orphyb- how does one see the mag article?
I didn't want to step on Eddie-B toes by screenshotting it, but if people want me too I will. xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Haven't seen the article yet either but it's nice to hear she's (hopefully) being honest for a change. Long may it continue, ie stop the performative social media nonsense if all is far from fine 'behind the scenes'. This is what most of us caught onto in the first place! I interacted with one of her very worrying 'if anything I do makes a difference please tell me because I need to hear it right now' and the next day it was buisness as usual with some total random tit. Left suspicious and thinking, wtf? Anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Wasn’t she literally being awful to squiggles under a week ago?
We have told her a million times not to read here, or that she needs help so I’m glad she has gone and got some. But she really hasn’t changed all her toxic behaviours yet. She still uses her minor celeb blue tick to dish out dangerous advice. She hasn’t admitted her poverty story wasn’t quite as she said.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I really do love the Fraus, but it's never nice having a mirror held up to reflect bad behaviour. Yes, Jack needn't have come and read any of this, but she did, and it hurt her feelings, and made her addiction problems worsen. It sort of pops your bubble if that makes sense?
Ugh yes, that makes perfect sense. It’s kind of what I thought was the case, and why I wanted to ask you not to feel too bad, since you’re the only one whose read it so far.

Usually we all read and discuss these things together, and when we do so for this article I hope it will ease the guilt for you. But I do get your point, and I’m not trying to say we’re all blameless if it really has had that effect on her.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

I didn't want to step on Eddie-B toes by screenshotting it, but if people want me too I will. xxx
Thanks I’ll take a look.

I think it’s pretty brave of you to say that and I know and understand that feeling. I do question it sometimes and back away wondering if this is pure bullying. I could easily caveat that with but jack does xyz, the truth is that doesn’t work in this scenario (from what you’ve said). I will say that this could well be Jacks new character, she has had many and this one is not something she’s quietly working away at in the background she is monetising it. I believe that’s why she’s taken down all her previous bio stuff, food bank user, £20 budget cook etc. I believe she will utilise this moment for money as she has with every possible situation she has found herself in. I wish her well with her recovery I really do, but I don’t think it will be long before this moment of sadness and self loathing from the cabal will be replaced with “same as it ever was” memes. So please don’t beat yourself up too much, take a moment and reflect by all means but I’m sure time will show us what we know deep down to be true about JM.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Ah don’t worry Orphy-B doesn’t matter who screenshots. Sorry I ended up having a titmas morning Dino nap. Screenshots behind spoiler but really it’s just a bit of side/under boob if that!

EB47C7BE-81C9-4296-9C2A-17E614BEDC4D.jpeg
D0F305B4-6A05-4D57-9528-9F8FC6EE8163.jpeg
65A97C96-76CC-4F1D-BFE9-240A3F2672F3.jpeg
CB1A9E41-ACDA-4350-B3F9-A2178C514F89.jpeg
C5B039B2-AE82-4C48-BE99-EDD6F85E79CC.jpeg
8A5CDC86-7DA0-4337-833E-B0E8B64771BE.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
So she did reel our the same old lies about us then? I'm sorry but the article just pisses me off, aside from the recovery info it just reads like same old Jack, same old crap to me 🤷

• Heart
Reactions: 84
So she did reel our the same old lies about us then? I'm sorry but the article just pisses me off, aside from the recovery info it just reads like same old Jack, same old crap to me 🤷
I’ve read it now and honestly she’s worse than I thought. No, I don’t feel bad. I feel pissed off at the absolute bs and lies. More lies. Petty lies. I’m pretty sure she’s been in her Nisa local numerous times over the last 2 years. More self importance, more mama’s safe.

Ugh no, it can get right in the bin it’s disgusting self indulgent bollocks as always. 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 74
Saying again we're bullies who abused and trolled her 24hrs a day FFS 😡 Yes we do pick over details about her, but we discuss all things that she puts out into the public, why can't we discuss those things? And us harassing her employer again all that nonsense... Ugh there's so many lies in there 😑

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 69
I’ve read it. Hmm. She is very clever at tugging on the heart strings, to this day Hunger Hurts still affects me even though I suspect it’s exaggerated.

I know it was speculated at the time but as when she said she drank 200 units, how on earth was she in that much of a state and in any way coherent. That’s not being a functional addict. The mention of here came with the gut punch of guilt, with some of the things she mentions like the adenoids seeming cruel and beyond the pale. My own conscience is clear on that part (as is true for reporting her to places) but it is so frustrating that she hasn’t admitted to why we were saying those things. Claiming to be ‘off your tits’ which was then discussed here and then it turns out you were, how is that us at fault?

I don’t know. I think tomorrow/today will be hideous with how other people react to it and she gets puffed up and brings us up again. Being as vague as she was is clever as most people would assume social media and she’s always said she gets abuse from there so may just not correct people.

TLDR. I feel tit too. There are still lots of things I am ‘hmm’ about but knowing your actions have hurt someone, hurts.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
She leaves quite a lot out doesn't she?
Apparently trolled the minute DKL was announced, for no reason at all, no mention of how she went about getting it and the hate campaign she started.
No other mention of her own online behaviour to various people.
All the stuff about people contacting her employers, the police, the RSPCA - well possibly that happened but certainly nobody from here.
She broadcast her life. It was commented on. Never directly.

• Heart
Reactions: 83
So it's pretty much what we suspected then.
She writes 'In March last year' after her 33rd birthday that she went to rehab. Is that just a typo? Surely she means this year? I think the article largely confirms everything the cabal worked out at the time. Certain giddy tweets would make sense too. Thing is, she is still at it on Twitter with the tweet cycle. Also still abusing her status re the poverty and her actual privileges. I assume LJC funded the rehab? Also she is damn lucky getting a scan during covid. I've had chronic localised pain since 2019 and been waiting over almost a year for an x ray. I suppose she went private again. Sad there is no update about Dash :(

• Heart
Reactions: 62
I should never have opened Tattle when I couldn’t sleep at 2.30…

Things that are now bothering me about the article.

1. had she not worn colour for months in March?
2. was she underweight when she went in to the rehab facility this March (I know there were issues last year, but this year she has looked well).
3. are we totally to blame for her breakdown/coming off the wagon last year?
4. is social media/likes really not a big deal to her any more?
5. Is eating copious amounts of tinned fish something they teach you on a nutrition course?
Should a 10/11 year old be brought to an AA session (honest question here- I would have thought that if children were involved and found to be affected by their parent’s alcoholism then they should go to a specific therapeutic environment )?

There are more, but at the moment I am reeling.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I really appreciate @Orphan_Black comments on the article and I’ve not worked my way through the posts on the site you linked too…but I kind of just feel it’s the same old manipulation?

Of course I have empathy for anyone going through recovery
or genuinely being bullied/trolled but this just feels like the same use of flowery language and at times elvenrififing the situation commenting about heartburn because she drank angostura bitters and the £5 stained tracksuit while using the same stereotypes at times. I’ve known of/worked alongside high functioning alcoholics - addiction is different for each person going through it, it’s not the stereotype of wearing dirty clothes etc.

Jack has to seek Tattle out and clearly continues to do so despite saying otherwise. Hate mail/trolling directly on Jack’s SM platforms via private messages I can’t obviously comment on as no way to know how intense that is and don’t condone it as whether it’s one message or ten it’s not nice. As far as I’m aware no one here has contacted Child Protective Services, the RSPCA, HMRC (they’ll contact you eventually Jack for not paying your taxes), Jack’s employers etc like is being stated. For those of us who have been here a while we have seen (the odd) person get banned etc who have been trolls (ie contacted Jack). I don’t see Jack acknowledging the level of online behaviour that Jack has participated in eg pile ons, triggering posts without spoilers, outing others with addictions, going on a Twitter rage at a teacher (appreciate in this instance Louisa Jack apologised). Let alone still rattling the tip jar/patreon while cos playing at being poor. Can Jack just sweep that under ‘drinking made me do it’ and not take responsibility/be accountable for that?

It does tug on emotions and I think will potentially make many of us feel guilty and/or triggered but it’s not the complete picture/full story. And that’s the bit that makes me feel manipulated.

ETA: Correcting in-line spoiler. Apologies if there is anything else I should have put behind a spoiler above.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Gah. Just sat here thinking about the detail we know (THAT SHE SHARED!!), the tap, the dino nap, the kitten, the skip, the xmas dinner, the lives…all confirmed as not sober. 😬

Agree with @EddieBeds now the feeling is clearing a little. It must be so jammy for her that the only people who think ‘hang on…’ are the people she’s blaming for it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Re contacting the Rspca and her employers, I think she means the viggles who are largely not tattlers. Child protection is more likely to have been someone she knows irl like the mum of SB'S half sibling.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Wowza. Lots of questionables. She was largely Tweeting and present on socials right up until rehab. So she was lying, hiding things and handing out advice while in the pits of addiction. Massively underweight at any point is - huh? When? The recent tweets from her Mum don't sound like someone who is in constant contact or best friends at all. No mention of the breakdown of her relationship which was far too soon after DKL to blame us, so what caused that?

• Heart
Reactions: 63
There are many contradictions/lies in the article which I guess we’ve all come to accept as the norm but on a lighter note….

146EF31E-D375-4191-BC71-0FBA635866CB.jpeg

Please, please stop with the damn onslaught of tinned fish!

• Haha
  • Heart
Jack is the ultimate troll, her court records infer as much. She was behaving like this years ago, before tattle and before allegedly drinking. Most people seem to enable her, we don't and there is nothing wrong with pointing out the lies and the grifting. Remember the kitten, the kickstarter, the heating allowance squiggle, the BLM community she ripped off, data protection squiggle, sober squiggle and other pile on victims over the years before you feel too sorry for a grifter who is living a life of leisure and luxury.

Also re Jack Hadjicostas, I don't think that's our Jack but it could be a relative whose experiences might have proved useful to our Jack. It might be that she named herself after him too.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.