Jack Monroe #216 What a life. What a strange, glorious, unimaginable life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just because, I searched her name on Twitter. Someone is fundraising for 500 copies of Tin Can Cook for the Trussell Trust.

Jack has been tagged in the thread, but it seems her contribution is either private or nonexistent at the moment.

I would like to point them in the direction of dear (losing his bag in the park) Miguel but I won’t.

• Sick
Reactions: 31
It's an awful article. Highly misleading, and absolutely self serving. She's very manipulative, there's no accountability shown for her own actions, it's all 'our' fault. The details are pathetic - filthy £5 tracksuit etc - and like a few of you have pointed out, she's been dropping these little Easter Eggs onto her SM for a while now in preparation for this article coming out.

And now, I'm wondering if she managed to wangle a free stay at this rehab place for the publicity of it. The thing reads like a weird advertorial for their services.

Anyway. Best of luck with uni. It's probably helpful in your line of work to know about stuff like nutrition, portion sizes, and eating a variety of food...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
It’ll be an open university course.

I only skipped through the article but no mention of the pandemic/ lockdown SB off school? That’s the main thing been going on in the last 2 years.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Final point- if she is at OU and did pay for the therapy, they are two quite hefty outlays.

Just leaving that there.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I can’t work out when the absence of colour clothes phase is supposed to be. We all saw the Xmas photos in the express, del monte live, tv news appearances etc. She’s always wearing something terrible but it’s usually blue.

Reactions: 41
The sheer (monetary) cost of all this is mind boggling to me, especially for someone who started out the pandemic (when, according to her, she was sober) by doing a big thread about how all her work had dried up and asking her followers to donate to the ever-ongoing Jack Monroe Fund. £3k for the rehab is just the tip of the iceberg when you consider the, what, 12 week stay at the aparthotel, and now a 5 year uni course while also shelling out for a massive house near the sea. But what do I know, I'm not a poverty expert 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 71
Also, judging by that article, the Step 4 stuff she was tweeting about not so long ago (which is *meant* to be the searching and fearless moral inventory, something Jack would really benefit from if she was capable of being honest) seems to consist of harm done to her by others.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Ah don’t worry Orphy-B doesn’t matter who screenshots. Sorry I ended up having a titmas morning Dino nap. Screenshots behind spoiler but really it’s just a bit of side/under boob if that!

Sorry, but what a load of nonsense - yet another role to play and a new narrative spun, very tidy round the edges and well practised, and of course absolutely free of accountability. And that's without mentioning the dishonesty.

It's interesting that she uses the DKL gig as some sort of starting point, yet somehow still manages to use the whole piece as a means to avoid admitting that she just reacted badly to being tit at presenting on the telly.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
I will just say that every single one of us has discovered this thread on our own. We all had a wtf moment and googled “jack Monroe lies”, we saw her own bullying tweets and asking for donations despite clearly having plenty of cash. I’m sure there will be a fan or two who reads the article and thinks, that wow, that's a lot of money she's spending on her reinvention....but what about those £20 shops?! Then googles “Jack Monroe lies”....

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
Also those quotes a from SB “thanks for making mama well again” 1. He’s 11! 2. She knows what she's doing here - “no more jam mama?” she's not changed a bit, this is just her 2021 updated version.

• Heart
Reactions: 77
Yes, the Diva article is live now. It's mostly about how the pressure of being a minor celeb (her description) drove her to madness and addiction and this was the facility she attended for help, and is now working for.

This was all during the summer when she was staying at the hotel. The caravan holiday was her 'graduation' treat.

For the first time, her timeline adds up.
Oh no, that’s not fair. I haven’t read it and probably won’t and I’m jumping ahead so apologies but I need to get this off my chest.

Alcoholism is an illness, it’s an allergy. Not everyone believes that but it is what we’re told in AA and again, Jack has opened the AA door so I feel it okay to speak about it. The allergy manifests itself in alcoholics in a way it doesn’t in people who are not - once we take one drink, we physically can’t stop. Once you know that, and work on the other elements of being an alcoholic - the skewed thinking, the self-pity complex, the victim putting the past to bed once and for all, (these were some of my own issues), you can manage the twofold illness and be happy (for the first time in a lot of cases).

My experiences that did NOT make me an alcoholic (trigger warning - tough times discussed but also a bit of a self-indulgent pity party so avoid if that’s as palatable as a sardine buffet

Watching my dad fall ill as a child and his subsequent ill health, being sexually abused, my mum dying, a controlling and coercive boyfriend, being picked on at school, chronic lack of self-esteem, being poor, worrying about everything.

I am struggling just now, struggling to deal with things I can’t control that I HAVE to deal with. Drink won’t change it.

Reading about yourself is NOT the same as being trolled on your social media. DON’T READ HERE! And if you are being trolled, show the messages without doxxing and you will find a lot of people here stick up for you.

And I’d like to remind Jack that if I was her, I would put out an apology as amends for being nasty to “addicts” on your Twitter platform. That would be out of order anyway but given you are one, it’s worse. I’ll wait until you accept you are one though.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 102
An honest way of writing that article, free from all the spin, would go something like "I scored a gig as a presenter on national tv but they weren't impressed and never called again, so after some soul searching I'm now studying to be a nutritionist". The end. And fair play to her, that actually isn't a bad story as these things go but alas, it wouldn't involve the same level of heroism and victimhood so it can't be told.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
I was so annoyed by her article, that barely even noticed the tits she tormented teased us with. The photos are hardly 'sooo racey' you wouldn't want your mum seeing them, as she implied. Can't help but lie!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Don't let her get her claws in, lovely fraus. Her addiction issues are sad and it's a shame that she's had such a terrible time, but it's not our guilt to carry. In throwing the blame on us, she proves that she's learned nothing at all.

Re: the blog posts, I think she's just showing up as the "author" because she's the person posting the blog entries for them. The words are from actually qualified people. The irony of the top one being about narcissism is quite something.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.