Jack Monroe #216 What a life. What a strange, glorious, unimaginable life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re contacting the Rspca and her employers, I think she means the viggles who are largely not tattlers. Child protection is more likely to have been someone she knows irl like the mum of SB'S half sibling.
Yes but she is obviously happy for it look like she means the complaints came from here.
Tbf at least she didn't go down the 'I became scared for my security' route.
I do actually feel sorry for her - but she is not the complete passive victim this article implies.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
She can never be honest until she talks about why we started talking about her. She is still crippled by knowing it will be read here, the little asides like ‘despite speculation, he lives with me’. Most people would be like, wtf, why wouldn’t he?! Plus her behaviour this week and all the triggery stuff last weekend about the doctors. That’s screwed up her timeline already.

duck. I’m so frustrated as cleverer people than me could do a blow by blow rebuttal with her own bleeping words but there is no point. She wins. She’s won.

ETA - As she is no doubt reading along in real time, hi Jack. I’m glad you’re feeling better but pls try and see your part in this grubby state of affairs.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Ah don’t worry Orphy-B doesn’t matter who screenshots. Sorry I ended up having a titmas morning Dino nap. Screenshots behind spoiler but really it’s just a bit of side/under boob if that!

Her mum had the right idea. It wasn’t the cabal that caused the issues, she’s had issues for many, many years. I don’t think any of us directly contacted anyone she’s accused us of harassing there?! She can blame us all she likes, but her addiction issues have far outlived Tattle.

ETA “breathed not a word of this on social media” am I the only one who remembers then no context oncologist shout out?!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Wasn’t her life in greater turmoil at other points- when she was without a job and during the court case?

Furthermore, as we keep saying, the evidence for the horrific online bullying that some go through (the footballers after the Euros, Katie Piper etc) just doesn’t seem to be in evidence. Obviously, when we she is talking about the messages, she is referring to us, and that makes me feel awful but the times she has made people on here feel crap are too numerous to count. Even recently, with her constant infantilising of MH.

in the same way that a disorder like depression is not caused by one factor, her “being thrust into the spotlight and being exposed to a group of bullies” is not the sole cause of her falling off the wagon this time. Her therapist will have told her this. She knows this. She has chosen not to talk about this in the article. We are to blame. It is easier that way.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I don't think Jack is a winner really. She might be rich but she has no friends, doesn't seem that close to her family. No real hobbies to ground her, no proper career and even her son isn't with her full time which means whoever reported her to 'CPS' clearly had valid grounds. I think she has an empty life in many respects which explains why twitter is her playground and she treats squiggles like close friends.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
There are many contradictions/lies in the article which I guess we’ve all come to accept as the norm but on a lighter note….

View attachment 834862

Please, please stop with the damn onslaught of tinned fish!
The real reward that my days bring.
That’s the patreon cash that rolls in every month for doing bugger all.
She’s laughing her tits off.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Just re-read it. It frustrates me so much that if a nameless nobody wrote about falling into a tap and being concussed/knocked out to the extent that their child had to watch over them and it was true that they were totally incapacitated then people would be right to speculate on the safety of a then 10 year old. But because it’s Jack, those people are in the wrong and caused her to maraud (her own wrong word, as bloody per) around the bungalow drinking bitters while still responsible for that child and made it all worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
People have every right to contact HMRC when she is pretending to be poor, rattling her tip jar and claiming to hold the government to account and claiming off the furlough scheme while not paying her own tax bill. And no, alcholism is not a justification for not paying taxes.

and in the article she mentions her family saying she had been gone for 7 years or something so actually this isn’t a new thing since DKL… is it?

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Not an expert but I'm sure cabal experts in addiction would agree that she does not seem to be adhering to the 12 step programme particularly with regard to acknowledging her own faults and redeeming herself to those she has treated badly.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Well, that was an odd read. Almost uncomfortable. Been gone 7 years but it's all down to people commenting on DKL last year. It's not everyone else, it's you Jack. I can't help but think she'll not change, or ever be content let alone happy.
No mention of the kitten or money.

We do have 5 years of nutrition to look forward to.
Mmm, tinned fish and pineapple! How is that being funded? Submit your accounts, pay your taxes, shut down Patreon.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Could one of our resident LGBTQ+'ers please contact DIVA for the cabal's reaction article? Right to reply n all.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Gah. Just sat here thinking about the detail we know (THAT SHE SHARED!!), the tap, the dino nap, the kitten, the skip, the xmas dinner, the lives…all confirmed as not sober. 😬

Agree with @EddieBeds now the feeling is clearing a little. It must be so jammy for her that the only people who think ‘hang on…’ are the people she’s blaming for it.
During those occasions which she’s now admitting she wasn’t sober, didn’t she keep telling us how many days she was sober or am I imagining that?

You’re right @EddieBeds the manipulation is strong. Over the last couple of weeks she’s given away little pre-curser titbits to back up this article. We had the before and after photo of her in her black cheap tracksuit + beanie and we had her mum saying she’d got her daughter back after 7 years. Laying down the story on twitter/insta almost verbatim. She did not look thin on that before photo she just looked her usual self, possibly bigger because she wasn’t facetuned tf.

I don’t know about the people contacting all those authorities, the only one I could imagine would be RSPCA for the kitten and rabbit. People on here were genuinely distressed by that. HMRC I guess could be the tweet where they @ HMRC, but that was like a week ago, surely she’d got this all in the bag over a week ago? Other than that how would you contact HMRC about someone else and what would HMRC say to you “hello Ms Monroe, we’ve been contacted by someone because you’ve not filled your company accounts” 😏 how ridiculous, that’s their bloody job, they are going to come at you if you break the law by not filing your confirmation statement or company accounts, they don’t need mothering ninnies pointing out the bleeding obvious!
As for Child Protective Services 🤷‍♀️(is that a new name for SS?) I can’t believe anyone on here would do that because there’s no sign of harm, we don’t see SB just hear her crap lines about how she makes him the most delish food ever. Yep she got a beating on the Linda Mc Ad stuff but that’s the vigs and they don’t think 90% vegan is cute or quirky. Del Monte she took a bit of a bashing because she holds herself out as the value brand ambassador until she sells out to a big label.

Sorry this is turning into a 3.40 am JM essay and making no sense. I just feel that article is self indulgent, contrived and one sided, not raw and real and unfiltered.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
This is obviously her attempt to relaunch herself with a freshened up image, as her reputation was getting so ropey. Work offers were hardly rolling in.

Similar to when she did the Guardian article last confessing her alcoholism and recovery 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 71
This is obviously her attempt to relaunch herself with a freshened up image, as her reputation was getting so ropey. Work offers were hardly rolling in.

Similar to when she did the Guardian article last confessing her alcoholism and recovery 🙄
The one she now claims to have been surprised by in her corner shop! She will be saying the same about this one in 2 years.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Her article about her first ventures into sobriety- she didn’t expect it to be on the front page of the Guardian? So the Guardian told her it would be a small column in G2 then?

I was going to write more about the stereotypical “dismantling the pieces” paragraph but I am now bored of myself, bored of feeling guilty, bored of the article and think Succession and coffee is the only way to relieve it.

(and ❤ all your posts)

• Heart
Reactions: 51
It must be deeply uncomfortable and annoying knowing a Greek Chorus is watching from the sidelines. I would absolutely hate it. But I suspect that is why most critics of Tattle hate it. Pre Tattle they could say and do virtually what they liked online. Relying on deleting, other people's bad memories and blocking.
If it was just on twitter no doubt That Man, David Walliams, kitten, patreon etc etc would be a dim and distant vague memory.
Reminders of your own behaviour/inconsistencies must be galling - and are no doubt what makes here the worst - even more so than people directly contacting her to be abusive and outweighing the thousands and thousands of fans who regularly tell her how wonderful she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
How does one get onto a university course with 4.5 GCSE?
I think if you have limited GCSEs you can do an OU course which may start with an access course (this may be why it is going to take her 5 years).

Could one of our resident LGBTQ+'ers please contact DIVA for the cabal's reaction article? Right to reply n all.
I would reply with a sad face. Sorry, that is all I could manage.

Mrs Tunnel might do an angry face (she isn’t Jack’s best fan at the moment- I have been told to put my phone on silent typing).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36

Agreed- this is her reincarnation (again) this is her rising from the ashes (again). I wrote a lengthy post about a week or so back, that I didn’t post, suggesting she was gearing up for her new persona. The mountain of evidence that was seen on here which basically confirmed her whole backstory was a fabrication, means she needs to distance herself as much as possible from that. She’s no longer Jack Monroe, single parent, food bank user, poor - because she never was and she left all the evidence of that herself. I see she dismisses any article ever written as not her own work and completely out of her control, and anything she did tweet can be covered by her addiction, which, yet again, neatly covers up the lies she’s spoken/written and published.
She is now Jack the survivor, the recoverer, the helper, the food scientist. She’s shedding her pov skin and coming out squeaky clean, so you must forgive her like she is learning to forgive herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
The cancer scare thing is a bit iffy as well innit? The self congratulation for not posting about it on social media - but she did! She was asking for oncologists and crumb-dropping about serious illness, tests and surgery. The more you read, the more questions arise. Typical.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.