Jack Monroe #216 What a life. What a strange, glorious, unimaginable life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wonder if she will display her titty pic in the same manner, in the entry hall.

Welcome to my home,. Turn left and the array of knife awards and straight on at the tit pic.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Is that her award in her hand? :ROFLMAO:

I know they're cooking awards, but I think it's a bit sick giving knives as trophies.
It is now 😆 Jack's approach to knives is a bit grim. Her collection of rusty knives in a previous kitchen was the scene for the Southend Chainslop Massacre.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Feeling a bit let down by the lack of bollocking tbh.

If tomorrow is a damp squib squid too, then action may need to be taken the form of making my own granola.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
The Army had the measure of her before threads on tattle began. Are they the OG mithering ninnies?
I remembered a forum I was on years ago had a thread on Jack when they were just starting out with the blog. I went and had a look at what was said about her, this was in February 2014 when Jacks first book came out....oh you have no idea what mileage she could get out of her pov story little squiggle friend:

JMonroe1.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
So how much of a bollocking did Rishi mate get?

Did she hand him his 90 pound flipflops complete with his bollocks?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Is that her award in her hand? :ROFLMAO:

I know they're cooking awards, but I think it's a bit sick giving knives as trophies.
Jack's knife award was a functional Blok knife, worth over £300.
She did this to it: (far left)
Screenshot_20211028-150138.png

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 49
There's not really anything to add to Mx Monroe's moving house story, because it's all just lying, isn't it?

She says she's moved 20 times
She also says her son has moved 18 times

It might be media error
It might be for effect
I can't add anything more
@Orphan_Black did it better than me a few fish days or fish weeks ago, but I was glad to grab the confirmation screenies

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Just thoughts...

I wonder why Jack chose a fairly traditional “boys” name for SB, I always think it sounds a bit odd coming from her being all “quirky” and that. Do we know why she changed her name to Jack Monroe in the first place? It was before “fame” wasn't it? I wonder what her family thought about it. Has SB inherited Monroe? A bit sad if he has, as he obviously has a great relationship with his Dad. Also Jack does talk about her family and heritage quite a lot. Weird that she’d want to lose that from her name...

🤷🏼‍♀️ nothing makes sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I've been googling this on and off, was hoping to provide a timeline and all. I thought she's said her son had moved 18 or 20 times... Leave it with me a bit longer!
I think it depends if she does or doesn’t include being born and being in NICU then the small terraced house, before the five bedroom childhood home.

Just thoughts...

I wonder why Jack chose a fairly traditional “boys” name for SB, I always think it sounds a bit odd coming from her being all “quirky” and that. Do we know why she changed her name to Jack Monroe in the first place? It was before “fame” wasn't it? I wonder what her family thought about it. Has SB inherited Monroe? A bit sad if he has, as he obviously has a great relationship with his Dad. Also Jack does talk about her family and heritage quite a lot. Weird that she’d want to lose that from her name...

SB is named after Jack’s grandfather, who, as you know is dead. Fair play to her she’s continued the Cypriot tradition- although it’s anglicised to Johnny from Yiannis
She changed her name immediately after leaving the fire service to the name of a marvel superhero.
There was some question about a post somewhere on her socials a few years ago about how awful to change a child’s name without telling their father. It’s unclear what SB’s last name is now and it it was something else before, pretty sure he isn’t called Monroe though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28
Just thoughts...

I think he might have been named after Jack's Dad? He has inherited Monroe, I think she shared some work he'd done for school that had his full name on (as part of a paid blog for Octopus energy I want to say?).

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Just thoughts...

It’s the anglicised version of her grandad’s name. Imagine it would have been something more ~Groucho~ had the Guardian column came before the baby.

ETA - sorry didn’t see comments before this!

Reactions: 22
I’m surprise she didn’t name him Jacque, narc and a bit exotic.

P.s, I have to commend you all that have been in this for the long haul. I’ve dipped in and out periodically but only read regularly for the past few weeks.

She is exasperating, I feel like I need to debrief with somebody in real life but can you imagine? 😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.