Jack Monroe #216 What a life. What a strange, glorious, unimaginable life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The way Jack looks at the camera in that Diva shot reminds me of how I looked at chocolate buttons (giant) in my Tesco metro (now express 😡) for about 18 months.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Even if I had a PhD (actual, not pretend) from MIT*,I wouldn’t dare have a picture of me graduating from said institution or the certificate somewhere on display.

*goes off to spend hours daydreaming how my life would have turned out if I had in fact got a PhD from MIT…
I don't know anyone who does have their grad photos on display. My wife has an undergrad and a masters and will be doing either another masters or phd alongside her new job next year (i forget which, it's all beyond me i should have gone into a trade). She missed both graduations to get pissed in our local because she couldn't stand the ceremony.

She does have her masters certificate on display but it has my name written on a Rizla and stuck over her's because I'm bitter I only got a CertHE.

fake edit: a friend of mine does have a photo of him in his undergrad get up leaping for joy in front of our local job centre which I did find amusing but christ that photo of Jack and her fake doctoral get-up, I don't think I've ever looked that excited in my life without the assistance of MDMA, including on my wedding day AND when the remake of Final Fantasy 7 came out.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I just know that Tit Day is going to be a huge letdown. The best we can hope is that it distracts her enough to stop posting about tinned fish. 🙏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
How can someone who has claimed to have been 90% vegan stand to eat a whole fish that is looking at her from her plate.

I hate when much husband gets fish and eats it with is head on and its lying there looking at you.

Honestly fish is not for me

:sick::sick::sick::sick:
I am vegetarian, but even if I wasn't I couldn't eat a fish either its fishy eye looking at me.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
First time posting on this thread 👋 but have been lurking for some time and it’s (well you all are) a JOY!

Much as I do not wish to prolong the pain for everyone by lingering on the subject, should Jack ever go to New Orleans I can recommend the perfect pretentious nonsense to visit, discovered (and not by going there) last time I was there…

The Times Pic's Todd Price lets the cat out of the bag this week, the cat that likes extremely fancy European canned seafood. Yes, captivating new bar and eatery N7—"named for the highway that carries Parisians south for summer holidays"— is now open... A short menu specializes in hard to find canned seafood, including "spiced calamari, mussels in vinegary escabeche marinade and small smoked sardines"

…Half the menu comes in cans, each one pulled open and presented with its cardboard box, some of which are pretty enough to collect.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I think that there are two reasons that she hasn't posted about the spending review. The first being that its complicated to work out who it benefits as there were some announcements where its wasn't new money but budget already previously allocated. On the surface it looks quite generous for a tory government - no doubt she will wait for others to dissect it and use their opinions as her own.

The second being that I do feel Jack is worried that if she comments on government spending and the squiggles come out in force to say she hasn't paid her tax then that will expose her. We cant have her non payment of tax exposed on the same day as the tit now can we?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
It’s almost lunchtime.

Will it be “trapped in a metal box” fishos on toast or a filtered to f*** picture of dying leaves?

I literally cannot wait.

Bring it on, insta bot. Bring. It. On.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
It’s almost lunchtime.

Will it be “trapped in a metal box” fishos on toast or a filtered to f*** picture of dying leaves?

I literally cannot wait.

Bring it on, insta bot. Bring. It. On.
As long as it features the magic number 3 all will be well

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I am convinced she got the day wrong. Why would she be doing budget stuff today rather than yesterday?

Why did she tweet incessantly about sardines during the budget speech?

Maybe she means her own budget stuff. Her shopping budget for tinned fish.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.