Jack Monroe #216 What a life. What a strange, glorious, unimaginable life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even if I had a PhD (actual, not pretend) from MIT*,I wouldn’t dare have a picture of me graduating from said institution or the certificate somewhere on display.

*goes off to spend hours daydreaming how my life would have turned out if I had in fact got a PhD from MIT…
We have no graduation photos of me or Mrs B. Both of us have degrees and PhDs but the only grad pictures are at our respective parents’ houses; my mum especially wanted one as I was the first in the family to go to uni. The thought of having photos up in our house (especially one where I’m gurning and thumbs-upping like a 🛎 🔚) is making me cringe inside-out.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
They are both horrific looking awards!
Re provenance of the strange knife ornament.

I reckon it is a hostage from the Allegra days. I remember Allegra saying once that she had collected knives since her girlhood. She was in Turkey and was buying the knives and cooking pots from bemused women, who, I think, were making a killing.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
It changes depending on who she's talking to!
We need to set up a book on what we'll get from the Diva article tomorrow.

-How many years poor
-How many house moves
-How many diagnosis
-How many rejected job applications
-How many foster siblings

These are all up in the air with JackMaths.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I’ve been on a grunk. Sadly I read her description of sardine bones whilst eating my breakfast 🤮

I want Fish Jack to duck off and any other Jack to come back please, thank space you.

Although saying that, we’ve got Tit Jack tomorrow haven’t we?

What a time to be alive! Maybe next week she can give us her hot take on the budget and “Rish Mate” Jack will make a return.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
We need to set up a book on what we'll get from the Diva article tomorrow.

-How many years poor
-How many house moves
-How many diagnosis
-How many rejected job applications
-How many foster siblings

These are all up in the air with JackMaths.
She will probably claim to have three tits.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
But That’s absolutely fine! Feel NO guilt! Let nursery do it for her! She’s having something she loves, you don’t have to deal with the sensory overload and clear up.

See also: glitter crafts
See also: potty training 👍
(Grunking so I wasn't sure where it would land, but I see everyone is talking about the crappy bungalow, so it fits)

• Haha
Reactions: 19
When I used the black and white filter for Jack's gummy pic, I could not help but be reminded by a certain scene in a certain Hitchcock film. And let's face face her slop creations are a wee bit psycho.

Cupace20211028135115.png

*Disclaimer: not mocking any form of psychosis, other mental health issues or Jack's mental health*

• Haha
Reactions: 25
When I used the black and white filter for Jack's gummy pic, I could not help but be reminded by a certain scene in a certain Hitchcock film. And let's face face her slop creations are a wee bit psycho.

View attachment 833290

*Disclaimer: not mocking any form of psychosis, other mental health issues or Jack's mental health*
Is that her award in her hand? :ROFLMAO:

I know they're cooking awards, but I think it's a bit sick giving knives as trophies.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.