Jack Monroe #21 If you cut me do I not bleed mayonnaise? #jacklivesmatter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still making it all about you Jack?
I can’t understand how anyone can take her living wage schtick seriously when she’s quoting pretty decent numbers so frequently on socials.

A five fig contract would have to be the only work she gets for half a year odd to mean she’s actually on the living wage, surely?

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Five figure sum for this contract, payments for DKL, radio 4, book royalties, patreon donations, signed photograph sales (though who would want one I don't know, other than No1 Fan ), all ads up to a lot more that minimum wage. She is doing that "efficient tax" process that ensures you pay the minimum tax you can by paying yourself in dividends. "Efficient" for who, I ask myself, certainly not the country that loses out millions. She is being disingenuous by stating she pays herself the living wage, but failing to state she receives dividends. The living wage is not the only money she receives. If she has paid for that duck off size fridge, no doubt it will go through as tax deductable as she uses it for her "work". Is there anything else I've forgotten?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Would she get paid for her This Morning appearance?
And her politics book - would she get an advance payment on that?

Reactions: 4
Five figure sum for this contract, payments for DKL, radio 4, book royalties, patreon donations, signed photograph sales (though who would want one I don't know, other than No1 Fan ), all ads up to a lot more that minimum wage. She is doing that "efficient tax" process that ensures you pay the minimum tax you can by paying yourself in dividends. "Efficient" for who, I ask myself, certainly not the country that loses out millions. Is there anything else I've forgotten?
Don't forget her tip jar at paypal.

Would she get paid for her This Morning appearance?
No, because her back was turned. LOL. Sorry, bad joke.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Five figure sum for this contract, payments for DKL, radio 4, book royalties, patreon donations, signed photograph sales (though who would want one I don't know, other than No1 Fan ), all ads up to a lot more that minimum wage. She is doing that "efficient tax" process that ensures you pay the minimum tax you can by paying yourself in dividends. "Efficient" for who, I ask myself, certainly not the country that loses out millions. Is there anything else I've forgotten?

Yeah, she can withdraw her salary as the living wage and pay the standard PAYE and NI contrs on that but most company directors then take the bulk of their salary as dividends which are more tax efficient.

I don’t love it but it’s within her rights, the HUGE thing I want to point out is allowable expenses. That £10k could be used to purchase anything for the business’ operations - MacBooks, Smeg fridges, shed paint, etc and she can claw back the VAT on it (assuming she’s VAT reg, obvs). That again is wholly legal and allowable and I’m not doing her down for it, but to present yourself as in the same boat as someone working a flexitime contract at Waitrose on the living wage is reprehensible. They simply do not have the access to that capital or the option to dip in if an emergency occurs, she does...

Reactions: 29
And paid by all the government advisors who apparently consult her on a regular basis.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Yeah, she can withdraw her salary as the living wage and pay the standard PAYE and NI contrs on that but most company directors then take the bulk of their salary as dividends which are more tax efficient.
She also has to pay employers NI contributions as well.

And her politics book - would she get an advance payment on that?
There is no (my opinion only) politics book Jellybean. I'll bet you a nice smoked ham.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

I don’t love it but it’s within her rights, the HUGE thing I want to point out is allowable expenses. That £10k could be used to purchase anything for the business’ operations - MacBooks, Smeg fridges, shed paint, etc and she can claw back the VAT on it (assuming she’s VAT reg, obvs). That again is wholly legal and allowable and I’m not doing her down for it, but to present yourself as in the same boat as someone working a flexitime contract at Waitrose on the living wage is reprehensible. They simply do not have the access to that capital or the option to dip in if an emergency occurs, she does...
Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting she is doing anything illegal. It's just immoral purporting to live on a living wage, when it clearly isn't her only income.

Many of her followers live on benefits, or incredibly low or inconsistent wages. She is trying to pull the wool over their eyes, and in the most part getting away with it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
She also has to pay employers NI contributions as well.

There is no (my opinion only) politics book Jellybean. I'll bet you a nice smoked ham.
I know - there’s also a few other additional taxes as “the director” of a Ltd company and most notably corp tax, so you don’t want a huge lump of profit in your bank at the end of the year so you’d either spend on items “for the business” or shove it into pensions/investments. Ltd companies can own properties too if she wanted to follow the family business 🐸☕

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting she is doing anything illegal. It's just immoral purporting to live on a living wage, when it clearly isn't her only income.

Many of her followers live on benefits, or incredibly low or inconsistent wages. She is trying to pull the wool over their eyes, and in the most part getting away with it.
Oh no I 100% agree with you my love sorry if I came across like a head!!

She isn’t doing anything illegaly wrong and no one here would suggest it, I just wanted to clarify before she presents it as us committing fraud (as per her last deleted Twitter shitfit) and nosing into her finances again!

None of us love the current system but she’s within her rights to use it as is, we are all disgusted that she pretends to Joe Public to be poor when she has access to quite a lot of money. As she’s now absurdly telling us?! 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 10
A *five figure contract* ??? Seriously Hellmans? For slopping some mayonnaise on *standard* potatoes in a manky old shed?
To be fair, £100.00 is also a five figure number. *Technically*

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.