Jack Monroe #207 Jack Morley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was still on my feed so managed to screenshot the caption. I can't be arsed reading all that and evaluating the text but it's done in a slow cooker... I'm sure it was the best breakfast ever and SB whooped with delight.View attachment 772181View attachment 772182
Guys are we collectively losing it? You can’t accidentally fall asleep with appliances on and you can’t cook apples for over 8 hours, surely????

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Guys are we collectively losing it? You can’t accidentally fall asleep with appliances on and you can’t cook apples for over 8 hours, surely????
Also... cooking porridge solely in apple juice? Served with a tin of coconut milk you cook with, rather than cocunut plant milk you buy in a carton.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Slow cookers are *okay* to leave on, as long as you're careful about where they are. It's probably not actually recommended though.

Reactions: 22
I can honestly say if i set that up to any ot my family i think they would disown me.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I started high school in 1990, it was a much more lax time for keeping an eye on where kids were but I was told, in no uncertain terms that I was expected to be on the first bus and in the door ASAP, no dilly dallying. My brother, more of a rebel than me, wasn't allowed to go roaming after school and didn't until he was coming up to 13. My parents weren't particularly strict either, this was the norm, so I'm very surprised that, now, with parenting standards being much more strict in this regard, that an 11yr old is allowed to roam or even that he doesn't want to come home
Well especially when he's a “little homeboy”

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Let's be real, I expect it's also more likely that low income families own a microwave or hob than a slow cooker.

Buy a jar of cheap apple sauce and stir into porridge with cinamon after microwaving or cook the apples in the pan with sugar and butter to caramelise before adding porridge and milk and then finish off with some cinnamon. Why does it need to take 8 hours when 5 minutes will do lol?

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Let's be real, I expect it's also more likely that low income families own a microwave or hob than a slow cooker.

Buy a jar of cheap apple sauce and stir into porridge with cinamon after microwaving or cook the apples in the pan with sugar and butter to caramelise before adding porridge and milk and then finish off with some cinnamon. Why does it need to take 8 hours when 5 minutes will do lol?
Whats wrong with regular porridge with honey and berries. My kids love that.

She had a whole pot of blackberries yesterday. My son love that on porridge.

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.