Jack Monroe #207 Jack Morley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Trussell Trust again. No caption.
Why doesn't she post it on her bleeping twitter? Because of the nasty people?
'I am an anti-austerity campaigner'. Just not on twitter where I have twice as many followers as on Instagram.

I am annoyed by this.
Who is getting at her on twitter? There are random sarky comments that people can see if they search for her name. So what?, if you are serious about the message you want to spread. And most of the comments come because people DON'T think she is sincere in what she is doing.

Reactions: 34
I’ve turned it off, I was scared it would take over my mind and I’d be a porridge brained zombie.
So what have we learned? Basically, nothing we didn’t already know.
-Jack dicks about with filters to make food look more “something”
- Jack cooked the apple porridge on high for literally hours to get it that brown
-liquefied apple oats don’t caramelise unless they are burning
- boiling food in the slow cooker needs constant supervision and regular stirring
- using the same ingredients if you put 100g of oats in a slow cooker with 400ml on high for 45 mins, then low for 15-60 mins, you can serve two decent portions with a tbsp of sugar on top and an apple to eat. This saves on wasting 2 tbsp of butter/spread, 350ml water, unspecified milk (coconut or otherwise) and a keeelowatt hour of electric as well as your nerves and the bottom of your slow cooker

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
Also before the thread ends I just have to say that absolutely no one is fooled by that shop bought mash and burning stuff doesn't equal caramelising.

Why does she not know the very very basics? I curse whoever gave her a platform in the first place.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I knew today's postings were bringing up a childhood memory and then it came to me...! Maybe this is where Jack gets her inspo? (Also I am a few years older than Jack (🔺️) so this gives weight to the #1978truthers...)
This book…. ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤.

It was my favourite one of the series.

I am all of a flutter now.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I knew today's postings were bringing up a childhood memory and then it came to me...! Maybe this is where Jack gets her inspo? (Also I am a few years older than Jack (🔺️) so this gives weight to the #1978truthers...)
I bloody loved this book!

Also before the thread ends I just have to say that absolutely no one is fooled by that shop bought mash and burning stuff doesn't equal caramelising.

Why does she not know the very very basics? I curse whoever gave her a platform in the first place.
Which is why the aggressive cooking instructions to Louisa are even more infuriating. Leaving aside the fact it shows her up for what she is (a nightmare) she can't even cook! How does she have the brass neck to dole out instructions like that?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
New thread. Posting in between Trussell Trust posts!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I’ve turned it off, I was scared it would take over my mind and I’d be a porridge brained zombie.
So what have we learned? Basically, nothing we didn’t already know.
-Jack dicks about with filters to make food look more “something”
- Jack cooked the apple porridge on high for literally hours to get it that brown
-liquefied apple oats don’t caramelise unless they are burning
- boiling food in the slow cooker needs constant supervision and regular stirring
- using the same ingredients if you put 100g of oats in a slow cooker with 400ml on high for 45 mins, then low for 15-60 mins, you can serve two decent portions with a tbsp of sugar on top and an apple to eat. This saves on wasting 2 tbsp of butter/spread, 350ml water, unspecified milk (coconut or otherwise) and a keeelowatt hour of electric as well as your nerves and the bottom of your slow cooker

Leave oats and water (1:2 and a bit ratio, no scales to have to buy or faff about with) to soak overnight, then combine it with some chopped up apple heated in a nonstick pan with some sugar for all of about 2 minutes. Job jobbed.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.