Jack Monroe #207 Jack Morley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I’m an Influencer.

duck me my nan had those exact curtains, what a weird nostalgia trip that was

eta: nan is still alive she just has better taste in curtains now

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I am old so no idea what year seven is. If secondary school it was 1st to 5th with those staying on being 6th formers. Was a latch key kid so home if only to dump all my school stuff

Reactions: 21
I am old so no idea what year seven is. If secondary school it was 1st to 5th with those staying on being 6th formers. Was a latch key kid so home if only to dump all my school stuff
Year 7 is the first year of secondary school, so you're 11/12.

As others have said, for me it was more like year 9 before I really started doing anything on my own, and then we nearly always went home first.

Reactions: 21
I started high school in 1990, it was a much more lax time for keeping an eye on where kids were but I was told, in no uncertain terms that I was expected to be on the first bus and in the door ASAP, no dilly dallying. My brother, more of a rebel than me, wasn't allowed to go roaming after school and didn't until he was coming up to 13. My parents weren't particularly strict either, this was the norm, so I'm very surprised that, now, with parenting standards being much more strict in this regard, that an 11yr old is allowed to roam or even that he doesn't want to come home

Reactions: 25
It tends to be the slightly older kids that roam the shopping centres here too. Little shits are rather infamous for starting mass brawls though, so probably best if you can avoid it as long as possible! A lot of my daughter's current friends belong to cultural groups that don't really encourage girls to be out unsupervised, so hopefully she'll stick with them rather than give in to her natural bent for hooliganism 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Grunking so this has probably already been said, but why do SB’s trainers change during the course of the picnic afternoon out? 🤔

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
Grunking so this has probably already been said, but why do SB’s trainers change during the course of the picnic afternoon out? 🤔
Cos the photos were taken on different days? Does his hairstyle change also? 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 31
Year 7 kids in week 1 or 2 of secondary do not go roaming on the way home from school. They have massive bags containing every single book that they are terrified of losing, alsong with lunch box and PE kit and probably a laptop. My kids never really go out after school, they are tired and have homework or do sports/ drama etc, the only kids (in the 5 schools I have worked) who did go roaming after school were generally in not good situations at home, or in care.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
It definitely is, it always raises a scowl with me. It has a yellow hue that could only be from a film of grease. I'm a fiend and a dork for houseplants, so am biased against artificial plants, but acknowledge Jack's feat of making a fake plant look worse than a suffering living one.
String of pearls thrive on neglect as well. It's the one real houseplant she might do well with!!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Cos the photos were taken on different days? Does his hairstyle change also? 🤔
One pic is just their legs stretched out, dark trainers, the other is him dragging the trolley, white trainers. Or, the dark trainers one isn’t him? Her legs and trainers are the same day in all the pics I think.

• Wow
Reactions: 34
I won't believe our dash is still with us until I see a picture of the bunny sat on that new bedding. Come on Jack

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
One pic is just their legs stretched out, dark trainers, the other is him dragging the trolley, white trainers. Or, the dark trainers one isn’t him? Her legs and trainers are the same day in all the pics I think.
@Irena Sadly it is above my pay grade to officially welcome you to the Jack Monroe Sleuth Society but I expect @LennyBriscoe will be along later with your badge. Great work!

Screenshot 2021-09-20 at 10.11.49.png

Screenshot 2021-09-20 at 10.11.34.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
Oh wow, I was in year 7 20 years ago but I had a terrifying amount of freedom. My school was an hour away on the bus, so quite often, I'd stop in town with my mates. There was one school bus that went from the school, but if you missed that, it was the town bus which was a half hour walk through the city. So, from 11, i'd walk the 30 mins to the shopping centre, we'd get a McDonalds, mooch around the shops, walk back to school for netball/hockey practise, then back to town to catch the bus, and get in at 7.30!

Also, excellent sleuthing!

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Cue longwinded explanation post (under a picture of a boiled banana breakfast or something) about how SB was wearing new trainers she bought him as a back to school treat (she had to save up for 6 months but it was worth it - anything for her homeboy!) but they started to pinch halfway through the day so he changed into an old pair they'd fortunately brought with them in the shopping trolley, THAT OK WITH YOU!? Have a lovely day 🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.