Jack Monroe #205 Overdeliverer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t come here much anymore, so sorry if these have already been posted. They’re both from August. Chef’s :whistle:
Thank you for these, both yet another paid advertorial from Del Monte 🙄

746C09E6-6074-40B2-B486-919822C48CEE.jpeg

Also most bizarre answer ever, reads like having to make small talk with your friend’s posh mum, it’s okay to not watch LI the Whitmore can’t harm you on page 34 of take a break magazine Jackie ❤

• Haha
Reactions: 60
TW: ED 'Food writer' going on constantly about lovely, groaning, fatty food/lard/grease yet talking just as much about feeling guilty about eating food/wearing kids clothes, editing her pics the list goes on She's vile and needs de-platformed

• Heart
Reactions: 63
"My nickname was " Feral"".. .sure Jan

It's like " Sting"...a name that they've given to themselves.

Fanny

• Haha
Reactions: 54
I don’t come here much anymore, so sorry if these have already been posted. They’re both from August. Chef’s :whistle:
My best friend is… my beautiful cat, Cooper. Not my son.
The best day of my life was….the day I got the first copy of my first cookery book. Not the day my son was born.
Me. Me. Me. Absolutely bleeping vile.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
You can’t comment anyway so what’s the point? I am usually ambivalent about whether Jack forensically checks in here as much as she did but the timing is very interesting.
I was assuming she does - I don't think she has a lot going on in her life, And I think it's been tactically agreed that the books are not happening snd all mention of them have been quietly dropped.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I see Jack is really pissed at the tee shirts so she is treating us to a Sunday cabbage fest. How does she manage to consistently be so twattish!

Anyway - courtesy of a shared link on a RoadsideMum twitter comment, I have been browsing a blogger called Thrifty Lesley - she does some very Women’s Institute style recipes. Some I might try - some sound truly horrific. I DID notice, however, that some of Jacks big ideas seem to be straight from there. The “try adding stuffing” thing in bread rolls and a list of other things for you to try it with (after getting a massive bag from Approved Foods) and .....Slow Cooker bread!!!

I know that it’s hard to be new in thrifty cooking but, in all honesty, I would sue, if I were Thrifty Lesley.

https://thriftylesley.com/?s=Slow+cooker+bread first shared in Nov 2014

https://thriftylesley.com/home-made-bread-rolls-added-stuffing-mix/ first shared in Dec 2016

Both massively predate Jack “inventiveness”.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Why oh why does she bare her soul/embellish her origin story for crappy Del Monte advertorial copy? Just say any old tit, honestly.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Apparently likes to run round doing a lot of hugging. I could have sworn #actually autistic Jack didn't like being touched, what with her #actually autistic sensory issues.

Reactions: 34

View attachment 747447

Also most bizarre answer ever, reads like having to make small talk with your friend’s posh mum, it’s okay to not watch LI the Whitmore can’t harm you on page 34 of take a break magazine Jackie ❤
In other words she’s never seen an episode it’s just another bandwagon she’s tried to jump on.

Reactions: 31
The cabbage...

a) Note that her initial post accused her mum of cooking cabbage too often, and the edited version erases that and praises her mum for great cabbage. Nice save, Jack - shame we've got the receipts!

b) I was in England for high school, and would have been a year ahead of Jack. Cabbage was not on the menu, it was mostly burgers, pizza, and chips, washed down by Panda Pops - we were the generation targeted by Jamie's School Dinners, after all. Yet again she's full of nostalgia for the 1970s.

c) Other frauen have already pointed out how tit her cooking method is, so I'll just repeat that Jack can't cook ANYTHING.

d) 1/10th of a cabbage...FFS. Don't be absurd Jack, not only is that a stupid portion size, but at that rate you'll be eating the same vegetable 10 days running, which is a very long time for a Jack Phase to last.

e) That macaroni cheese looks tit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
I LOVE the caption they used below. Oh magazine people, if only you knew the lengthy backstory leading up to that mere trifle.

0E21E8AF-008B-4374-A885-5249ECAF0889.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 69
Welp, that was a load of tosh. Particularly that she can sing. She cannot, I repeat CANNOT sing. But I’d totally love to hear her attempt Oleta Adams ‘get here if you can’ in her frail tremulous, nasal voice; come on Mackie, Youtube awaits!

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Wow, so if they each had half, that was 5% of a cabbage each? Such extravagance

View attachment 747447

When she said reading all about it she means she's keeping up with the LI tattle threads 😂 Hi Jack 👋🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Welp, that was a load of tosh. Particularly that she can sing. She cannot, I repeat CANNOT sing. But I’d totally love to hear her attempt Oleta Adams ‘get here if you can’ in her frail tremulous, nasal voice; come on Mackie, Youtube awaits!
Oh, but I'd pay hard coin to hear her version of 'Think Twice'
Apparently it was so uncannily accurate that MamaMama 'n' PapaPapa though Celine Dion herself was upstairs sharing a bunk-bed in the box room with our gifted young pal.
'Stars in Their Eyes' was suggested but our plucky Junior Jack was busy being a parent or something. Probably peeling cabbages, I dunno.
#tonightmatthewimgonnabelying

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Oh, but I'd pay hard coin to hear her version of 'Think Twice'
Apparently it was so uncannily accurate that MamaMama 'n' PapaPapa though Celine Dion herself was upstairs sharing a bunk-bed in the box room with our gifted young pal.
'Stars in Their Eyes' was suggested but our plucky Junior Jack was busy being a parent or something. Probably peeling cabbages, I dunno.
#tonightmatthewimgonnabelying
Too busy parenting all those feral foster children and failing her GCSEs to give her full attention to a singing career.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.