Jack Monroe #205 Overdeliverer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You can’t comment anyway so what’s the point? I am usually ambivalent about whether Jack forensically checks in here as much as she did but the timing is very interesting.

Reactions: 38
Got time to write a mini book on cabbage, no time to write her actual book, nor commend her 'mates' over on the meals scheme.

Go on, Jack, stick an egg in yo cabbage. You know you want to!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Northern Ireland Jack really does kick in the Sunday night blues. She has clearly done this to annoy us NI fraus. Well done Jack, it has worked. Now go pay your taxes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I love cabbage and actually some of her word salad makes sense. However, that photo does not! It is not sliced finely, it is hacked into chunks...maybe consider using a decent knife and leave the bread knife for cutting...bread! Advising people to use a bread knife on a fexking cabbage is dangerous you moron! Bread is hardish on the outside and soft in the middle thus the need for a segregated edge. Cabbage is HARD even a tender savoy leaf is tough! Jesus!
Plus if you’d have shredded it finely you’d actually not really need to boil it at all, you could just fry it...it’s called sauté cabbage you twit.

Also top hit on google reads very much like her essay -I see now why she considers herself a bodybuilder #lifteditmate 💪

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Asks what our favourite way to use cabbage is; limits replies so no one can answer.
She most definitely did not write that.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
How long before she shows us a brassica dish with a snotty egg on top?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
A bread knife would not help on low energy days when finely cutting a cabbage, it'd take fecking ages!

Is cabbage unfashionable? I think it's quite a commonly used vegetable 🤷

Reactions: 53
Because it just does, ok?

Edited because I did a wee chaos there and quoted Dear Heart @PortiaControl by mistake there (so I did)
Alright, calm down. I only asked. 😂
I’m trying to learn cos I’m not a chef like Fack. Neither am I an accidental conquerer of fears, single mother, author, Greek, Norn Irish, food writer, or 5’1.7”.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.