Jack Monroe #205 Overdeliverer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is this regarded as a successful advertising campaign?
Who would buy Del Monte as a result of reading this?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Sorry most of this has already been said but:

- every nice modern British restaurant I’ve been to in the last 5 years has had a cabbage side (of note: Gary Usher’s charred hispi, and a cabbage and hazelnut delight at a posh place in Birmingham). It’s still cheap veg, but it’s not maligned. Unless you live in an Enid Blyton book.

- as a side to the kofta my husband made tonight we had a shredded cabbage salad. Raw. Why the duck would you boil and then fry slivers of leaf? God forbid she should have to chew, ever.

- at last she’s stopped pretending that she has friends.

- you can’t sing, Jack.

- your therapist (1/3?) is rubbish. You should take them off speed dial.

- Sue Perkins isn’t gonna shag you (I hope. Have some self-respect, Sue).

- her attempts to shoehorn Del Monte in at all costs (“I make pencil pots” 🤦🏼‍♀️) without ever praising the product are an absolute embarrassment.

- the new filler looks horrible, as ever.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Okay if there is a God I’m putting my one and only plea out now….

not world peace.. but Jack on the Masked Singer dressed as a giant cabbage.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Is she not supposed to talk a bit more about the product?

My phone lockscreen is a tin of Del Monte pineapple!

In a crisis, I would call the Man from Del Monte. There's nothing a tin of fruit cocktail can't fix!

I missed Love Island because I ate too many Del Monte prunes, and was...otherwise engaged. Check out my Twitter for a livetweet extravaganza!

• Haha
Reactions: 75
I had a theory that Jack could be all over Instagram, chatting all kinds of nonsense, and we’d have no idea but I wasn‘t expecting this!

E91525B0-CCEB-4A2A-95F2-F13F45CC39A3.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
Unfortunately the sweatshirt meme is DEAD now or else I would have shopped a nice cabbage on there. Every time she mentions cabbage I remember this photo of her which is saved in my folder of Jack-related pictures as 'jack laughs at a cabbage'. Also Jack, we've talked about this - you absolutely, comprehensively, completely and utterly cannot sing. Your quavering microtonal nasal whine is considered cruel and unusual punishment and no amount of lovely bathroom reverb or autotune is going to save it 💅

jack laughs at a cabbage.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Unfortunately the sweatshirt meme is DEAD now or else I would have shopped a nice cabbage on there. Every time she mentions cabbage I remember this photo of her which is saved in my folder of Jack-related pictures as 'jack laughs at a cabbage'. Also Jack, we've talked about this - you absolutely, comprehensively, completely and utterly cannot sing. Your quavering microtonal nasal whine is considered cruel and unusual punishment and no amount of lovely bathroom reverb or autotune is going to save it 💅

View attachment 747642
she looks like she’s murdered her enemy and is holding their dismembered head.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Too busy parenting all those feral foster children and failing her GCSEs to give her full attention to a singing career.
SisterBrotherMamaPapa Jack was BUSY making matching outfits for everyone out of discarded William Morris curtains.

I believe this was shot on a beta max camcorder found in the original puddle. Looks like a little village in Essex, miles from anywhere doesn't it?

• Haha
Reactions: 44

View attachment 747642
Why is she doing the "got your nose" thing with her hand?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I'd love to think that Caroline Hands and Jack's publisher and agent read here, simultaneously aghast and laughing.

Jeeez where to begin with the cabbage nonsense. If Jack's really 33, ...that means school dinners in the late 90s/early 2000s....not the Dickensian communal dinner hall.

"Please Sir, may i not have some more?"
Grunkaing, but I was just thinking that. I started school in 1985, and they switched to the more 'modern' version in about 1987, so before our heroine was even born.

Also, cabbage in avgolemono? I thought she loved her heritage!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Regarding Jack's ever changing bio, I am surprised I have never seen this cliche.

'Though she be but little she is fierce’

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Welp, that was a load of tosh. Particularly that she can sing. She cannot, I repeat CANNOT sing. But I’d totally love to hear her attempt Oleta Adams ‘get here if you can’ in her frail tremulous, nasal voice; come on Mackie, Youtube awaits!
she would be better off playing recorder.... through her nose.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
The cabbage...

a) Note that her initial post accused her mum of cooking cabbage too often, and the edited version erases that and praises her mum for great cabbage. Nice save, Jack - shame we've got the receipts!

b) I was in England for high school, and would have been a year ahead of Jack. Cabbage was not on the menu, it was mostly burgers, SPOILER chips, washed down by Panda Pops - we were the generation targeted by Jamie's School Dinners, after all. Yet again she's full of nostalgia for the 1970s.

c) Other frauen have already pointed out how tit her cooking method is, so I'll just repeat that Jack can't cook ANYTHING.

d) 1/10th of a cabbage...FFS. Don't be absurd Jack, not only is that a stupid portion size, but at that rate you'll be eating the same vegetable 10 days running, which is a very long time for a Jack Phase to last.

e) That macaroni cheese looks tit.
BIB Jack went to (and failed at) a grammar school, would that make a difference to lunch offerings?

Just adding Jack told Edwina Curry she failed grammar school. I did pick up from the infamous head teacher tweets that she was trying to change the narrative to grammar school failed her. In reality it should have been picked up if she would have thrived better at a different school. Having said that I think idleness has a great deal to do with her failure at school and much of the chaos since!

Reactions: 24
BIB Jack went to (and failed at) a grammar school, would that make a difference to lunch offerings?

Just adding Jack told Edwina Curry she failed grammar school. I did pick up from the infamous head teacher tweets that she was trying to change the narrative to grammar school failed her. In reality it should have been picked up if she would have thrived better at a different school. Having said that I think idleness has a great deal to do with her failure at school and much of the chaos since!
Certainly something was picked up as she was allowed to drop down to just 4 gcse exams. Also the family all went to that school so I’m not sure how well leaving to go to “Sarfend Comp” would be (and the foster kids probably went there!)

Reactions: 22

Went to a grammar school, can confirm we had chips, but only on fridays, never once saw cabbage up for offer. Was some lovely slab cakes sliced up everyday.

ETA: can also confirm I get wet when it rains.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Also top hit on google reads very much like her essay -I see now why she considers herself a bodybuilder #lifteditmate 💪
That recipe is about as well proofed as one of The Grifter's; it goes on about this amazing mystery ingredient, tells you what it is, but fails to tell you when to add it.

I don’t come here much anymore, so sorry if these have already been posted. They’re both from August. Chef’s :whistle:
What TF is graciously reading all about LI supposedly to mean?! She can't even write in English for a magazine.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Went to a grammar school, can confirm we had chips, but only on fridays, never once saw cabbage up for offer. Was some lovely slab cakes sliced up everyday.

ETA: can also confirm I get wet when it rains.
Not many kids will willingly eat cabbage so most schools wouldnt have attempted it, most veg would have been peas, green beans and carrots. We sometimes got carrot and parsnip mashed together at Christmas time for Christmas school dinners. Its foul i hated it. My mum serves it christmas and just like my sprouts i force it down. 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I had a theory that Jack could be all over Instagram, chatting all kinds of nonsense, and we’d have no idea but I wasn‘t expecting this!

View attachment 747662
ooooh i know who this account is and they are also an insufferable embarrassing attention seeker…a match made in heaven

Did jack really say the funniest people on tv were Sue perkins and This Morning presenters?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.