Jack Monroe #195 She basically writes fan-fiction about herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 625635
I've come across this poem on the H&M thread. I thinks it's a wonderful piece of poetry, but why is half of it Jack-related?
Ha I thought the same when I was browsing that thread last night, especially the bit about the butter.

Brought up the Landslide video cos I'm bored and apparently subconsciously hate myself and it just will not load. Everything else is just fine, internet-wise. Can guarantee I'll forget about it and it'll eventually load in the background and alarm me when I'm mindlessly scrolling before bed or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Any journalists should do some real work and actually read the forums as all the information is already written down. No need to interview anyone, the forums speak for themselves. I do think many of these hacks are looking for someone to chuck under a bus with their same old dirty tricks of asking leading questions and misrepresenting answers.

99.8% of articles have been terribly one sided and biased and tattle doesn't even give any response anymore because they only ever used 20% of it to twist to their own agenda. I'm sure they'd do the same for posters or just make up a poster all together to suit their agenda.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
Ha I thought the same when I was browsing that thread last night, especially the bit about the butter.

Brought up the Landslide video cos I'm bored and apparently subconsciously hate myself and it just will not load. Everything else is just fine, internet-wise. Can guarantee I'll forget about it and it'll eventually load in the background and alarm me when I'm mindlessly scrolling before bed or something.

Enjoy!

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Any journalists should do some real work and actually read the forums as all the information is already written down. No need to interview anyone, the forums speak for themselves. I do think many of these hacks are looking for someone to chuck under a bus with their same old dirty tricks of asking leading questions and misrepresenting answers.

99.8% of articles has been terribly one sided and biased and tattle doesn't even give any response anymore because they only ever used 20% of it to twist to their own agenda. I'm sure they'd do the same for posters or just make up a poster all together to suit their agenda.
It seems like the person in question is quite a young journalist too. Not that that should matter in and of itself, but at the start of your career you're probably more concerned with towing the party (media) line, because it's likely to get more shares that way, and you won't want to piss off possible future colleagues.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
It's what she thinks 'performing' is, isn't it?
Yes — her whole life is a permanent performance, The Poverty TM, performed through the medium of SM, living for the Twitter “reviews” — a one woman show running for almost as long as The Mousetrap, with viewers complicit in the secret (it didn’t happen), as The Mousetrap audience don’t give away the ending….

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
bleeping hell. I forget how terrible the landslide video is… they way she introduces herself…grifter, printer of the internet, face tuner, maker of brown.
I’m sure she is singing that far too high. Also, why? It’s that ridiculous thing of ‘facing your fears’. I also I’m frightened of singing in public, cos I can’t sing and I just don’t need to. It’s all so bleeping teenage. Go do karaoke, the place for average singers.
It’s not though is it, it’s attention seeking that’s all.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Spoiler that tit lads I beg i accidentally clicked and nearly heard things that would make me cringe an injury (crinjury?) Karaoke box for one and belt it out, don’t put it on the internet.

Yes — her whole life is a permanent performance, The Poverty TM, performed through the medium of SM, living for the Twitter “reviews” — a one woman show running for almost as long as The Mousetrap, with viewers complicit in the secret (it didn’t happen), as The Mousetrap audience don’t give away the ending….

Paul Merton spoiled it on his show seemingly out of spite and i really was cross about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Thank you this is even better than the Eternity Beans I got for the thread title 🤣

Love that it's ostensibly a video of her singing but you skip forward to get to it and half-way through she's still rambling on about herself. She takes four minutes to actually get started.

The actual singing reminds me of Ab Fab, and Edina's meandering floaty 'walking down the road' song that appears a few times throughout the series before she ultimately absolutely ruins a lost Beatles recording with it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
It seems like the person in question is quite a young journalist too. Not that that should matter in and of itself, but at the start of your career you're probably more concerned with towing the party (media) line, because it's likely to get more shares that way, and you won't want to piss off possible future colleagues.
I had wondered if this was some part of Jacks apparent Teflon feature. If you are aiming to get ahead in journalism, or mix in those circles already, do you really want to write something negative about the partner/fiance of the head of Channel 4 news?

Reactions: 30

For the uninitiated.

First sentence “sung in bands, on and off, for years” (perhaps needs adding to the job list)

Second sentence - The Poverty.

She does make it to the third paragraph before The Excuse so not bad doing, I suppose.
And this is why The Guardian will never get a penny from me..

• Haha
Reactions: 30
And this is why The Guardian will never get a penny from me..
I think Grauniad Jack is one of my least favourite Jack incarnations. Her 'articles' are the usual florid whining about The Poverty or some stupid media event which she trembled and quaked through but proudly held her broad cockney head high, had the last laugh etc etc. She is just so smug, I cannot stand her holier-than-thou MEMEMEMEME style amplified for a national newspaper. I do enjoy some of the comments though 🤣

Screenshot 2021-06-20 at 11.56.18.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
+ a lot of them do freelance work for ad agencies or #brands cos journalism work is so sporadic and not gr8ly paid (or some just grift lol). Whilst one article wouldn’t ~blacklist~ them from that work by big AdTM between that and the short turnaround and probably low fee they’re hardly incentivised to undertake a thorough critical analysis on influencer culture and the backlash against it 🤷🏻‍♀️ It’ll be another load of bollocks

Reactions: 32
I’m sure she was lead guitarist, pianist AND the lead singer.
That is plausible given that her approach to playing instruments means she’d only need one hand for each.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.