Jack Monroe #195 She basically writes fan-fiction about herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It seems like the person in question is quite a young journalist too. Not that that should matter in and of itself, but at the start of your career you're probably more concerned with towing the party (media) line, because it's likely to get more shares that way, and you won't want to piss off possible future colleagues.
Well we all know how it will go:
'There is a corner of the internet called Tattle Life where people, mainly women, gather to criticise and mock influencers and celebrities. Tattle Life is a 'hate site' and it seems nothing is off limits and there is no moderating.
I reached out to admins to give their side of the story but received no reply. I also asked posters for a comment, but mostly they are all too intimidated to speak out. One previous member however did contact me to say she was ashamed of herself posting on Tattle Life and had got carried away. She was too scared to post anything positive about influencers as it was an automatic ban if that happened.... ' and blah blah blah so it goes on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Exactly! It's always that reductive shite and you're like 'hey, no.....that's not how I feel at all'.

I never name this site but I've told my boyfriend, my sister and my best friend I post on a forum that discusses influencers. I tell them some of the shocking stuff that has been uncovered and they're always 😱

Most influencers are annoying but harmless then you get people like Jack, Vonny & PTWM who are scammers extraordinare and it kinda puts it all in perspective....

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Sweet Jesus. Don’t know if that was brave or look at me. Well I do know.
I don’t know why I looked and shattered a lovely quiet Sunday.
bleeping hell! I was jittery 😬 at the preamble, but Christ alive, I could only manage 30 seconds of the “singing” before my sphincter attempted to withdraw into my stomach dragging my left arse cheek along with it. This should 💯 be under a trigger warning banner! Why? Just Why would you do that 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️😬

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 55
bleeping hell! I was jittery 😬 at the preamble, but Christ alive, I could only manage 30 seconds of the “singing” before my sphincter attempted to withdraw into my stomach dragging my left arse cheek along with it. This should 💯 be under a trigger warning banner! Why? Just Why would you do that 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️😬
I know 😬 the introduction with the brave little wistful voice full of hesitation and the staring at the floor. Far from being nervous only someone utterly full of themselves could possibly watch that back and not be mortified.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Exactly! It's always that reductive shite and you're like 'hey, no.....that's not how I feel at all'.

I never name this site but I've told my boyfriend, my sister and my best friend I post on a forum that discusses influencers. I tell them some of the shocking stuff that has been uncovered and they're always 😱

Most influencers are annoying but harmless then you get people like Jack, Vonny & PTWM who are scammers extraordinare and it kinda puts it all in perspective....
They have no sense of humour these people. You lot are hilarious.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
It’s awful. Why has she not taken it down?
The video clip is 6.26 minutes long, and she sings for precisely 2 minutes. So 4.26 minutes waffling on about tit and nonsense and 2 minutes doing what the video clip is supposed to be. The clip is titled Landslide (cover, a capella), yet she devoted twice the time taking about herself than she did singing the song.

Mind you, I am not sure which part was worse, the waffle or the singing.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Well well well….
+ a lot of them do freelance work for ad agencies or #brands cos journalism work is so sporadic and not gr8ly paid (or some just grift lol). Whilst one article wouldn’t ~blacklist~ them from that work by big AdTM between that and the short turnaround and probably low fee they’re hardly incentivised to undertake a thorough critical analysis on influencer culture and the backlash against it 🤷🏻‍♀️ It’ll be another load of bollocks
Can't she just contact fellow journalists herself, aren't these requests usually things like 'I'm looking for someone ashamed of their bad breath'? These kind of tweets seem to attract desperados sticking their hands up saying MEMEMEMEMEEEEE so they can be in every article, like over in the Vonny thread or half the people on BBC's The Social.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
My herring is exceedingly good due to my neurodivergence, dear Mancunian heart. Not only can I decipher Jack's out-of-context broad Estuary mumblings but I can hear all my DNA replicating, the earth itself rotating on its axis and stitches in the very fabric of spacetime.
She can't have sung in bands for years, because she stopped singing

a) TRIGGER WARNING as a reaction to childhood abuse
b) because she was too poor

...and she never sang again until Landslide & Stand By Me!

🤷🏼‍♀️

PS @LennyBriscoe I sprained my ankle badly, and the doctor has given me a cast. I have two good friends who are physios who are freaking out about what bad practice this is, but I have to go along with it, I suppose! Maybe it's karma for being an internet bully?
I am actually pretty impressed here, it took a lot of guts to do that.
Early Jack was very different to later drifting slop jack!

Reactions: 14

I AM BACK IN REAL TIME.

Real life chaos may have temporarily held me back but I'm a determined bugger.

Also, thanks for going away again Jack, much appreciated.

Well lads, herr & frauen, who would have thought so much, yet so little would have happened between us talking about @drusy playing catch up and now.

Kind of waiting for a story to be sold to Take a Break or similar to find out Jack's version of events for the last couple of months.
Yes, thanks very Jack much Jack, for knocking off the chaos for a while, so that dear heart onlysunshine and myself could catch up. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Do start again with the chaos* anytime you like

*Don't ever make the binjuice/worms combo again
or anchioade eggs
or that peach brick thing, which does look suspiciously it was made of sand...:sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 35
The video clip is 6.26 minutes long, and she sings for precisely 2 minutes. So 4.26 minutes waffling on about tit and nonsense and 2 minutes doing what the video clip is supposed to be. The clip is titled Landslide (cover, a capella), yet she devoted twice the time taking about herself than she did singing the song.

Mind you, I am not sure which part was worse, the waffle or the singing.
Same formula as Jack's recipes. 70% self-obsessed waffle, 25% other people's work, repackaged beyond recognition, 5% chaos.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Not the Landslide cover again! I cry. If you missed it in February, I made my own version using solely sounds from the audio or that were otherwise Jack-derived (the synth comes from a bitmap of her stupid smug face) and re-arranged all the words to make them more accurate. After that I was expecting her to take the video down. Perhaps it was a case of shutting the stable door after the lasagne horse had bolted. Her version is both a different key to the original and is very ...microtonal 🥴 I'm sure it's because she's a maverick genius and doesn't adhere to the Western system of twelve-tone equal temperament and not because she's musically incompetent.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.