Jack Monroe #195 She basically writes fan-fiction about herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you to a triumvirate for the threat title: @bowiethesdmn for the words and @Raker and @bladiesla for nominating them. Your joint prize is a jar of pickled beans and mandarins. I started them a couple of months ago so they've had plenty of time to settle and there's enough for a generous handful each.

In the previous thread:

Jack returned to tell us about her latest favourite snack: a tub of taramasalata with boiled eggs, capers and a coating of black pepper. That'll do.

She also remembered her Del Monte partnership and treated us to her pickled bean salad again. Del Monte are currently trying to recover from an ill-advised poll that revealed almost nobody wants to make said salad.

Thanks to Sidey B we learnt that Pythagoras was the original bean rinser which finally solves the mystery of how Jack uses Pythagoras on the daily.

Please use the words ‘thread title’ (two separate words) when making a bid for one as it makes it easier to search. Also, try to hold off to the latter part of the thread if possible (after post #500). And remember - no swears are allowed.

There is a thread in the off topic forum called Food and Drink where off topic chat is encouraged if / when Jack is quiet.

New to Jack? Have a look at the wiki.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
Ah, at least between the three of them the portions will be true to size, Jack style! Enjoy your fermented beanses, lads.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
They really do like to play with fire, how long before she sorted out companies House. I would have been all over it as soon as I seen it. It would have haunted me. 😱

• Heart
Reactions: 28
this thread title is perfection! i cannot stop HOOTING! well done to all involved 👏

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Thank you to a triumvirate for the threat title: @bowiethesdmn for the words and @Raker and @bladiesla for nominating them. Your joint prize is a jar of pickled beans and mandarins. I started them a couple of months ago so they've had plenty of time to settle and there's enough for a generous handful each.

In the previous thread:

Jack returned to tell us about her latest favourite snack: a tub of taramasalata with boiled eggs, capers and a coating of black pepper. That'll do.

She also remembered her Del Monte partnership and treated us to her pickled bean salad again. Del Monte are currently trying to recover from an ill-advised poll that revealed almost nobody wants to make said salad.

Thanks to Sidey B we learnt that Pythagoras was the original bean rinser which finally solves the mystery of how Jack uses Pythagoras on the daily.

Please use the words ‘thread title’ (two separate words) when making a bid for one as it makes it easier to search. Also, try to hold off to the latter part of the thread if possible (after post #500). And remember - no swears are allowed.

There is a thread in the off topic forum called Food and Drink where off topic chat is encouraged if / when Jack is quiet.

New to Jack? Have a look at the wiki.
Thanks for the thread title and the nominations, and also for the no doubt now-sentient beans! What more could a girl want?

eta: also big thanks to @Sideboard Bob for sending me down a Pythagoras wiki rabbit-hole the other night when I should have been sleeping.

And I nominate 'bean-rinser' as a term for someone who invents and then undertakes pointless and tedious tasks to give the appearance of working rather than actually doing anything useful.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
thanks for the kindly offer, but Fraus, I’m happy to just bask in the nominator glory, I honestly don’t need gifts and prizes, as tempting as 4-day pickled mandarin beans sounds….

And I love @bowiethesdmn ’s suggestion ⬆ of an amazing new definition of bean-rinser for our Jackalacka Glossary!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
oh god, I've just come across a twitter thread of jack level "weird food things that are actually delicious"

an example from one of Jack's pals (and one of my faves 😭) there's no hope left for humanity is there?

20210617_204135.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
I was the last to suggest the title (Raker was first), so I'll gladly give up my beans and mandarins, ta..

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Thanks for the thread title and the nominations, and also for the no doubt now-sentient beans! What more could a girl want?

eta: also big thanks to @Sideboard Bob for sending me down a Pythagoras wiki rabbit-hole the other night when I should have been sleeping.

And I nominate 'bean-rinser' as a term for someone who invents and then undertakes pointless and tedious tasks to give the appearance of working rather than actually doing anything useful.
Yes! Bean rinser needs to join Grunka, squiggle and hooting and fizzing in the JM thread hall of fame

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Does anyone else just do a super-cringe when they see photos of people doing yoga? Like, I get the same level of second-hand embarassment as watching David Brent doing his dance in The Office, or a certain someone posing on a sideboard in her undies.

But I am a jealous, frumpy old frau.
Yep, I know what you mean, there’s no safe place to rest your eyes.

Jack hasn’t tweeted (possible 🧦 🧦 excluded) since the 7th of June! 👀 I honestly don’t know what to say, good on her I guess?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Oxford Tattle Dictionary

bean-rinser [pron bi:n rìnsr]

def: a term for someone who invents and then undertakes pointless and tedious tasks to give the appearance of working rather than actually doing anything useful (thankspaceyou @bowiethesdmn, thankspaceyou for the words)

usage: I have made bubble bath in the slow cooker and a new reading nook out of a sideboard and some wallpaper. have I posted any beige postcards? have I duck as like. I'm such a bean-rinser!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I was the last to suggest the title (Raker was first), so I'll gladly give up my beans and mandarins, ta..
No, I offered to give mine up first!!! Fight you for not having to have them 🤣

@bowiethesdmn, all the glory, all the beans, are yours.

Soo, do we reckon any chaos likely this weekend?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.